• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Brady suspended for 4 games; Patriots lose first-round draft pick; fined $1 mil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
New Threads for New News

The NFL took deflate-gate very seriously, hammering the New England Patriots with unheard of punishment in the matter of deflated footballs.

The league announced that quarterback Tom Brady was suspended four games, the team was fined $1 million and will lose its 2016 first-round draft pick and a fourth-round pick in 2017. The league has been considering punishment since the release of investigator Ted Wells' report last Thursday.

That's a huge punishment considering there was no evidence Brady was directly involved and the Wells report said Patriots ownership and coach Bill Belichick weren't involved. The league said it was for violating playing rules and not cooperating fully in the investigation.

More at link.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Posted this in the other thread:

I guess I don't get this:

Basically, because of the hefty fine and loss of draft picks, the NFL is admitting the Patriots organization cheated.

Why, then, do they get to keep the Super Bowl win?

tom-brady-sad.jpg

Well-orchestrated marketing for Brady's return in Game 5 against the Colts, the team he was caught cheating against.

SB win and last season's games should be vacated. Then we're talking.

kewlmyc

Yay for them actually getting punished for it, but that seems pretty weak. Seems like anyone can cheat as long as you pay a $1 million fine, which seems like chump change to an NFL team.

fuck it every team should just blatantly cheat if that's all you get

Their starting QB is out for a quarter of the season and they lose a first round pick. That's pretty harsh.

Yay for them actually getting punished for it, but that seems pretty weak. Seems like anyone can cheat as long as you pay a $1 million fine, which seems like chump change to an NFL team.

It's not the money that matters.

tim.mbp

It's the same as with first time PED users, so it sounds about right.

Aylinato

So they keep their Super Bowl win?

Deflating footballs is that horrible of an action? I'm sorry but this has made me just question why I should care about the sport. It's basically a non-issue for me. Lions got robbed even worse, there was actually officials coming off the party bus of the other team and people are up in arms regarding deflated balls over actual officials being brided? Please there's no creditibilty of the NFL

Lothars

I have more issues that they didn't get penalized for the super bowl win but that's ok because they cheated to get it.

This should have happened in the playoff's and not now, this is way to lenient and they are running away scott free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom