• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Warren "I'm not a gaming journalist lol. Also, lighten up."

Jigsaah

Gold Member
and how exactly is IGN biased? 🤨 their two most notorious are Destin & Ryan who are on the same side as Tom here
Ryan is not a real xbox fan. Destin is though. Ryan on Xbox One X after the original Xbox One was getting absolutely decimated by PS4 in side by side comparisons with games struggling to reach beyond 900p says "Who is the Xbox One X for?" Like really? How bout some relief for folks who had to deal with the abomination of the original Xbox One? Also remember, PS4 Pro was also out around that time. No question about who PS4 Pro is for which was the weaker console at the time. I literally don't take any of his opinions seriously anymore.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Do I have evidence he is one of the media people on Xbox payroll?

Nope

Do I need to have that evidence judging by his Tweets?

Fuck no

Is IGN paid by Playstation?

I have no idea

Did I share receipts here with @Mod of War of the at the time VP of Xbox admit to giving "an army of people consoles, game pass, storage disks, etc" "to influence positive affinity"

christoph waltz nod GIF
Please tell microsoft I shilled for Forza and Starfield's graphics on gaf. I could use a 2 TB SSD.

Fredrik

Refreshing to see someone fairly stiff go uncensored like this, it’s like seeing tweets by Kamiya, hope it lasts 😁

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Ok, so we can't actually compare.
I remember when Felicia Day went on a podcast saying she hated her time covering Sony because they never gave her a single thing for free, but MS showers her with endless systems so of course she is going to like MS more now. (paraphrased but exactly what she shamelessly spilled)
Pretty good comparison here (and I remember her saying that as well)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
This reminds me of when Taybot started posting pro Hitler tweets.

Confused The Interview GIF

1. what
2. that's a pretty big jump to be reminded of someone posting HITLER tweets from that Destin and Tom exchange lol

Maybe but I don't have proof that those other companies do

Well, to be fair .. to give an example .. CDPR wouldn't send out chairs to influencers and not expect positive coverage in return.

PeQCis3.jpg

pfCFxQr.jpg

GHG

Confused The Interview GIF

1. what
2. that's a pretty big jump to be reminded of someone posting HITLER tweets from that Destin and Tom exchange lol

Well, to be fair .. to give an example .. CDPR wouldn't send out chairs to influencers and not expect positive coverage in return.

PeQCis3.jpg

pfCFxQr.jpg

Ah yes, the notorious CDPR that had so much riding on cyberpunk that they literally sent their shills here:

cdpr just payed me for three months after cyberpunk's release. i stayed here because i was having fun but if i'm not having fun there is no point being here. it was a good run though.

It's always so obvious as well.

The only thing I accept is the fact that there's no limit to the nonsense you will post in defence of CDPR and their Frankenstein.

adamsapple

Ah yes, the notorious CDPR that had so much riding on cyberpunk that they literally sent their shills here:

It's always so obvious as well.

Exactly.

To cireza cireza 's point, everyone does it, not just one or two corpos.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Ah yes, the good deflection for the brand tactic.

Where were all these "everyone does it" when it came to exclusive deals?

Fucking posers, lol.

First, nice whataboutism :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Second, when did I ever say a hard-no to 'everyone does it' when it came to exclusive deals?

except we know that Microsoft takes it to another level, HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 has given receipts to the mods that shows that

You don't really need any receipts to know that influencers are given free goodies and stuff.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Meme Reaction GIF

Man, always the same people going hard in the paint trying to muddy, defend or smoke-screen getting influential prizes. I wonder why that is?

D: "Tom Warren is a paid shill"
A: "A lot of influencers are"
D: "Look at this smoke screener over here"

Vine Ok GIF

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
How is this different from other publishers already ? All influencers are basically showered in free content from all brands.
When my buddies ran a game site after dinner even they got a swag box of free games and souvenir stuff from a publisher. They werent even influencers. Cant call a website of guys influencers with probably zero traffic, but they still got free shit. All they did was email them they had a game site and was looking for any content to cover. Next thing you know the lead guy got a box of free stuff. No question asked. No NDAs. No wink wink, give us a good review or anything.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I mean, the thread is about a guy working for a publication, who writes articles about gaming, but says he's not a gaming journalist. 🤷‍♀️
Yea I thought it was strange he says he's not a gaming journalist, but is an editor for the Verge. What does he consider himself then?

Top Bottom