• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human IGN video - RPG Systems, Gameplay, Arenas & More

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Jtwo achieves hype +1000

Awaits demo for multiplier

szaromir

Banned
Tha animation is as bad as in DMC4, but I honestly don't care. It looks like a fun game.
Screenshots on gamersyde are a bit too clean, I'm surprised no one attacked SK for that.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
The animations I'm fine with now (likely because, irrespective of their actual quality, I've seen them so many times that I've grown acclimated to them) but now the environments are getting under my skin.

It just doesn't look like a graphically sophisticated game. Maybe stylistically sophisticated as one may infer from the allusions to Norse mythology but certainly not graphically, or technologically sophisticated.

I'm not one of those custimization guys either -- hopefully the demo will renew my interest.

EDIT: I'll admit: the action, when you're playing as a speedy character, looks exciting.

dejan

I almost jumped on the next generation train because of Mass Effect. The pc anouncement was like a relief for me personally. Now I'm sitting here in my office, looking at what could possibly be like one of the best 3D Diablo clones ever ... and there it is again ... that uneasy feeling.

pswii60

Holy shit, just watched the vid. Looks amazing. I was a huge fan of PSO and this seems to be taking things in a similar direction, blending realtime combat with RPG in a good way. The environments looks really interesting and the story is obviously going to be good, so can't wait to sink my time in to this.

Brimstone

my reputation is Shadowruined
Very nice.

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/748/748783/imgs_1.html

too-human-20080219071406957.jpg

too-human-20080219071434925.jpg

too-human-20080219071430566.jpg

too-human-20080219071417582.jpg

WoWcraft

Banned
Ummmm... this type of gameplay... it's like slash slash like most other action games.

Somehow I don't feel excited about this.

Borys

Banned
Draft said:
I like the armor designs a lot. Not seeing repeating sets either, which is... dangerous.

I spent a LOT of time over the weekend beating Diablo 2 + LOD with my brother, and man, let me tell you: that draw, that item draw, seeing the tiny little helmet on your dude change, seeing that differently colored shield, it's a powerful thing. Powerful.

Spot the fuck on.

As crazy as it seems this might be the game that pushes me to getting a 360.

I had GLORIOUS Diablo 2 flashbacks looking at the trailer.

I'm not keen on the dual analogue melee combat - every other game that has tried it has failed miserably, but if it works more power to them.

When are we going to be getting impressons from the demo?

FightyF

Banned
dfyb said:
i'm totally suprised you launched personal attacks instead of even attempting to discuss the actual game the thread is for. totally.

I'm totally surprised you're getting a 360! Welcome to the family.

Aaron

Best multiplayer game on the horizon for me. Looks like the perfect game to go online and chill with my geek homies. For whatever reason, FPS based games never end well.

antiloop

I think co-op in this will be great. How can a Diablo clone in 3D be bad? oh wait... that game... :)

Framerate looks more solid and the combat looks ok now.

Tieno

BamYouHaveAids said:
I'm not keen on the dual analogue melee combat - every other game that has tried it has failed miserably, but if it works more power to them.

When are we going to be getting impressons from the demo?
I'm sceptical on the combat too. I haven't tried something like this before, but so far impressions are good on the combat (see Shacknews).

Borys

Banned
Tieno said:
I'm sceptical on the combat too. I haven't tried something like this before, but so far impressions are good on the combat (see Shacknews).

You never played Diablo Tieno?

It's a great game, a digital crack.

Tieno

Borys said:
You never played Diablo Tieno?

It's a great game, a digital crack.
I've played it a bit a couple of months ago, but got sidetracked into other games. I was referring to the way you control it (with the right stick). I'd really like to 'feel' that, Shacknews seemed to be very positive on this method of hack and slash, comparing it to Skate.

Hammer24

Banned
I somehow never noticed that this game aims to be Diablo3. So those amazing vids moved the game from "meh" to "tentative".
Now just release a convincing demo, and it [strikeout]could[/strikeout] will become "day one".

Screenshots looked nice, trailer looks fine but a bit tooooo combat heavy. I'd hope we see some story elements shown pretty soon, just to get a handle on what I can expect once the hacking n slashing is all over.

Otherwise, I think Dyack will be putting on his 'Smug Hat' once he reads through this thread, it would seem a lot of people are being converted as this gets closer to release.

Mar

Ehhh didn't do much for me. Looks like WoW with Halo and God of War mixed in. However if it has 4 player co-op which I assume it does, I'll be there day 1.

Hammer24

Banned
Just read the hands-on impressions on Kotaku, and all I can say is WOW.
WOW at Kotaku sinking to the status of a mere three speach outlet, mindlessly bashing everything even remotely related to the 360.
quotes:
- may wind up a beautiful mess
- there should be plenty of replay value in Too Human, at least for those who don´t quibble as much as we do
- Others, however, may find that other games have done what Too Human is attempting to do before (and better) and may just want to wait for the novelization. Or at least until the trilogy is finally complete to enjoy the ride in one epic slog. (thats what you come up with after 30min with an unfinished game?!)
All in all it reads as if TJHooker is their new editor in chief.

Borys

Banned
Hammer24 said:
Just read the hands-on impressions on Kotaku, and all I can say is WOW.
WOW at Kotaku sinking to the status of a mere three speach outlet, mindlessly bashing everything even remotely related to the 360.
quotes:
- may wind up a beautiful mess
- there should be plenty of replay value in Too Human, at least for those who don´t quibble as much as we do
- Others, however, may find that other games have done what Too Human is attempting to do before (and better) and may just want to wait for the novelization. Or at least until the trilogy is finally complete to enjoy the ride in one epic slog. (thats what you come up with after 30min with an unfinished game?!)
All in all it reads as if TJHooker is their new editor in chief.

I don't read Kotaku EVER but wasn't it a nest of anti-PS3-ness a mere year ago?

Borys

Banned
Suburban Cowboy said:
not digging the environments. From the gameplay I saw on XPLAY all the levels looked very samey

Don't treat is as some uber-Eternal Darkness sequel with Shakespearean dialogue.

Treat is a 3D Diablo clone, that's where it shines.

mikeGFG

Banned
Everything about this game looks half-assed, directionless and retardedly generic.

This game is going to get fucking clobbered by reviewers.

Kildace

sol_bad said:
Do we know if Too Human will be 4 player co-op on a single console or online only?

4 Player co-op on a single console is very doubtful, I'm hoping for 2 players local 4 players live but I'm not holding my breath given the camera system in place, I doubt it'll be able to handle 2 players moving at once.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
this game is looking gorgeous and it looks like it's incredibly fun, i can't wait.
sol_bad said:
Do we know if Too Human will be 4 player co-op on a single console or online only?
i really would not expect 4 player on one console, that's really too much for the 360 to handle. possibly two with gimped graphics and a terrible framerate.

VonGak!

Banned
urk said:
Smell that crow cooking.

Crow eating would be a tad too much to ask for based on this, especially from those defending the UE3.

I'd personally like to have some more info on the camera.

glaurung

Giant golden bear attack for the ultimate win?

What the hell is this game trying to do some Power Rangers stuff now?

That equipment screen looks cluttered and weak, but at least there seems to be more of a system than in Mass Effect ever was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom