• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

923.gif

dds 3 when

I'd be down for Outlaw Star, especially since i don't really remember anything about it.

I'd be down, because I never really saw it. I saw lots of stuff on older Toonami and [adult swim]'s anime blocks, but never saw Outlaw Star. I'll probably get the Blu-ray of Outlaw Star at some point down the road when it comes out to see it if it doesn't come to Toonami. I've heard mostly good things about the series so I wouldn't mind paying to have it on me.

I still have to get Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid at some point since I have Full Metal Panic and Fumoffu, but not Second Raid. Every time I think of Fumoffu I remember the "pony" episode. Overall, Fumoffu was a great time, even if it was a bit different than Full Metal Panic, since it was a comedy/parody show and did have the political intrique and much of the typical mecha combat that the show was known for originally. Plus, the opening gets randomly stuck in my head all the time.

Moaradin

I wouldn't want an old show rerun like Outlaw Star to take up a premiere slot. I'd be fine if it replaced Ghost in the Shell though.

I wouldn't want an old show rerun like Outlaw Star to take up a premiere slot. I'd be fine if it replaced Ghost in the Shell though.

I think if it did come, it would be in a slot in the back end of the schedule. The only rerun shows I think that would get a early slot in the schedule is stuff like Yu Yu Hakusho.

I played not long ago it does age well at least the combat does, the random encounters on the other hand
I grew up on PS1 era JRPG's and still like playing them so for the most part random encounters don't bother me too much.
I'd be down, because I never really saw it. I saw lots of stuff on older Toonami and [adult swim]'s anime blocks, but never saw Outlaw Star. I'll probably get the Blu-ray of Outlaw Star at some point down the road when it comes out to see it if it doesn't come to Toonami. I've heard mostly good things about the series so I wouldn't mind paying to have it on me.

I still have to get Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid at some point since I have Full Metal Panic and Fumoffu, but not Second Raid. Every time I think of Fumoffu I remember the "pony" episode. Overall, Fumoffu was a great time, even if it was a bit different than Full Metal Panic, since it was a comedy/parody show and did have the political intrique and much of the typical mecha combat that the show was known for originally. Plus, the opening gets randomly stuck in my head all the time.
Once you get used to the fact that Gene Starwind is not Spike Spiegel he shines.

I don't think many characters can compare to Spike, honestly. The characters are big part of why Bebop was so good along with the soundtrack, animation, the acting, etc.

Believe it or not my biggest complaint with Gene is that he's always getting his ass kicked. Without his OP crew he'd be dead. I actually think Gene's crew is a pretty forgotten anime group.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The thing with Outlaw Star is that when it aired on Toonami it was pretty heavily edited in some areas including excising some entire episodes namely the hot springs planet where everyone was naked. It was also confusing as hell because you don't even encounter some of the On Tan Seven because of this.

The thing with Outlaw Star is that when it aired on Toonami it was pretty heavily edited in some areas including excising some entire episodes namely the hot springs planet where everyone was naked. It was also confusing as hell because you don't even encounter some of the On Tan Seven because of this.
I'm pretty sure they toned down how gay Gene's boss is as well.
I've heard that the hot springs episode is still too lewd to air uncensored?
Melfina isn't as fanservice ridden, and they can't show cat girl tits apparently.

I would assume so. It's got a Kou Otani soundtrack, same dude that did Shadow of the Colossus and Gundam Wing. Outlaw Star is pretty fun for what it is.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
TG's big problem is that TOONAMI got it a bit too late. AGK did gangbusters right out of the gate because it hit at exactly the right time in the hype cycle.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
TG's big problem is that TOONAMI got it a bit too late. AGK did gangbusters right out of the gate because it hit at exactly the right time in the hype cycle.

I think this is a fair point though there is also the issue of promotion. You can really tell that Tokyo Ghoul wasn't really meant to come out now since Toonmi is busy with Samurai Jack and Sand Whale and Me and the 20th Anniversary.

It also got the benefit of debuting at the the absolute peak of Kai's juggernaut ratings.

But yeah I do agree, for max popularity, Tokyo Ghoul needed to have debuted back when Funimation originally dubbed it in 2015. It'd be like if Toonami were to only now air Attack on Titan. The iron has already cooled down.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I've heard that the hot springs episode is still too lewd to air uncensored?
There's only like one 5 second scene involving (not very detailed) nipples, put some blurs on there, & there ya go, okay for 3 a.m. in 2017.

I mean, we got Kill la Kill with very few edits, I don't see how that episode wouldn't be allowed after the one short scene gets censored.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
It also got the benefit of debuting at the the absolute peak of Kai's juggernaut ratings.

But yeah I do agree, for max popularity, Tokyo Ghoul needed to have debuted back when Funimation originally dubbed it in 2015. It'd be like if Toonami were to only now air Attack on Titan. The iron has already cooled down.

From what I remember, this was another thing grabbed by Hulu first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom