• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckohler

xbQZ4iN.jpg

Episode 50 "Narrator Fights"
This week Grexeno, B-Dubs, ckohler, and Crocodile talk Jojo and other news, Jack killing people, destroying New Namek, if Oshi's a stoner, Kai's lack of steroid testing, rocket fists, Tokyo Ghoul's premier, HakiXHaki, the bone zone, and a farewell to Bubbles.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode050.mp3

Timecodes:
0:00:42 News
0:09:09 Samurai Jack
0:23:00 DB Super / Reboot Reboot
0:27:42 Sand Whale and Me
0:30:45 DBZ Kai
0:36:03 Jojo
0:42:45 Tokyo Ghoul
0:55:42 HxH
1:01:40 Gundam
1:11:39 Shippuden / Ben-10 / TMNT
1:20:06 Stand Alone Complex
1:21:49 Sign Offs

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/podcast.rss

cntr

Banned
Mikazuki is soooooo much better than Bahnager. He didn't give a damn about monologues & would just kill the villains while they were trying to give speeches.
Yeah and on the flipside, a lot of Gundam and Gundam-like shows, if they didn't have Banagher as a protagonist, they had a protagonist who lacked emotions entirely.

Like yeah sure, Mikazuki might be stoic, but at least he reacts to things and does stuff with Tekkadan. Other protagonists wouldn't bother with that, they literally just lack emotions.

1:11:39 Shippuden / Ben-10 / TMNT
This episode sounds solid already.

cntr

Banned
Most pre-SEED Gundam protagonists are alright. Well, after you take into account that they were written a few decades ago.

After SEED, though...ugh.

Most pre-SEED Gundam protagonists are alright. Well, taking into account that they were written a few decades ago, at least.

After SEED, though...ugh.

Amuro: Amazing
Kamille: Great
Judau: Great
Al: Good
Seabook: Good enough
Uso: Amazing
Kou: Eh...
Domon: Good
Heero: Boring
Gerrod: Even bringer
Shiro: Sucks
Laura: Good
Kira: Shit.
Shinner: Shit tier
Setsuna: Okay
Flit: Great... albeit his show sucked
Sei: Great
Banagher: Mostly okay, albeit he has moments that sucks. He has pretty good moments too.
Bellri: Sucks
Fumina: Eh...
Mikatsuki: Pretty great.

cntr

Banned
podcast stuff: from what I know, all the questions you guys have about Tokyo Ghoul are answered or explained in the manga, but a lot of them are glossed over in the anime since they dropped a bunch of important scenes

Line_HTX

TG's big problem is that TOONAMI got it a bit too late. AGK did gangbusters right out of the gate because it hit at exactly the right time in the hype cycle.

A part of it was no planned announcement and marketing way in advance. It was just a backup plan. I don't think it had the RKO OUTTA NOWHERE that was lasting.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
A part of it was no planned announcement and marketing way in advance. It was just a backup plan. I don't think it had the RKO OUTTA NOWHERE that was lasting.

I am guessing the show didn't cost all that much since One Piece needed to be replaced by something, anything.

He's buff tall Charlie Brown.
With much better fashion sense. I swear somebody in the podcast is getting hit with the
King Crimson stand
the way he keeps cutting in and out.
Part 3 is probably the weakest part in the anime, but it's still pretty good.
It does have some hype ass moments. The fight between
Jotaro and the sword stand and Iggy vs Pet Shop
are my favorites...that I can remember.

cntr

Banned
maybe getting into a bit too much spoiler talk for show that hasn't even been announced yet

So like...have the people doing the Toonami podcast not seen DBZ before or are they just acting like they've never seen it?
Yeah, there are people who haven't watched DBZ here.

Chase17

I liked part 3 a lot but I'm a little worried about how it will be the second time through (it's long). It's so long! It has some great high points though. Can't wait for
D'arby the gambler on Toonami.

cntr

Banned
I'd say that early Part 3 is pretty weak, but it's mostly great after the
Justice
fight.

e: also talking about major character deaths is probably a bad idea, even behind spoilers

What planet are they from?
A better planet than the one where everybody who hasn't watched original Dragonball are from.

I'd say that early Part 3 is pretty weak, but it's mostly great after the
Justice
fight.

e: also talking about major character deaths is probably a bad idea, even behind spoilers

A better planet than the one where everybody who hasn't watched original Dragonball are from.
Hey I at least watched half of Dragonball. I might need to just marathon Part 3. The once a week pacing not to mention it being a bit slow really just soured me on it, I still like but still.
It just has to though.

Plus I need a new fix since I can't make spoiler joke post about OP in here anymore.
Imagine my pain of trying not to spoil too much of HxH in here.

cntr

Banned
also, we're used to shows like Dragonball, One Piece, and Shippuden. Part 3 might be badly paced, but it's not that badly paced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom