• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Netflix. The general guideline is that Netflix tends to partner with Aniplex and Hulu tends to partner with Viz.

Right, Funimation also did some business with Hulu, like Tokyo Ghoul and also Psych Pass. This has probably changed since the Crunchyroll mega-deal was announced I would imagine.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The main character is a fucking emotionless sociopath.
Yeah, Mikazuki WAS a great main character, wasn't he.

Also, wtf, I'm watching Mother's Basement's video on the SAO movie, when I notice a scene of them being in a restaurant & realize they're in Wagnaria, the main location of the series Working!. That's......SUPER random, considering they're not part of the same publishing company. Even more so by the fact none of the characters from Working (i.e. the main reason why I enjoyed the series) are actually in the scene.

.....& then the scene is followed up by the characters playing Pac-Man 256........wut?

Though I kind of like the fact Kirito isn't an instant gaming god when it comes to the new game, he hates it cuz he sucks at it.

.......so Ordinal Scale for movie month when?

Crunchyroll is adding G Gundam to their catalog. Subtitled only. Hopefully Hulu follows suit and brings the dub to their service.

Yeah, Mikazuki WAS a great main character, wasn't he.

Also, wtf, I'm watching Mother's Basement's video on the SAO movie, when I notice a scene of them being in a restaurant & realize they're in Wagnaria, the main location of the series Working!. That's......SUPER random, considering they're not part of the same publishing company. Even more so by the fact none of the characters from Working (i.e. the main reason why I enjoyed the series) are actually in the scene.

.....& then the scene is followed up by the characters playing Pac-Man 256........wut?

Though I kind of like the fact Kirito isn't an instant gaming god when it comes to the new game, he hates it cuz he sucks at it.

.......so Ordinal Scale for movie month when?

I'm surprised Geoff didn't make a crack at how stupid the characters would've looked playing Ordinal Scale to people not wearing the headgear.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
ooommmmgggggg

they took the kirito x asuna relationship to the next level by
having kirito asking asuna to marry him.....despite the fact he's never met asuna's mother...or asuna meeting kirito's mother as well

I kind of wish I saw this in theaters, but then again, I probably would've been laughing at inappropriate times

ooommmmgggggg

having kirito asking asuna to marry him.....despite the fact he's never met asuna's mother...or asuna meeting kirito's mother as well

I kind of wish I saw this in theaters, but then again, I probably would've been laughing at inappropriate times
Let's disregard how stupid that sounds because G Gundam is on Crunchyroll.

ooommmmgggggg

I get that you're trying to joke but I thought I remember Kirito not having any parents except his aunt and I thought that that he already said he wants to marry her in the series? (minds kind of foggy on both accounts)

Lets try to forget that Asuna's parents are a thing that exists, because aren't they the very same people who wanted to set up a forced marriage with creepy mcraperson? (at least the father did, I don't know if we ever heard her mother's thoughts on that).

I'm kinda surprised we haven't had another season of SAO announced.

The movie did well. It's still getting games. There's enough material I think.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
if you get married in the game, you get married in real life.

...also, yes, I think his family is only his aunt (who almost never appears in the anime) & sis-cousin.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
rzePRah.gif

Isn't that at the end of the movie?

There's a tease, but nothing confirmed if I remember what people wrote.

Could be wrong.

Also, they're bouncing.

Boing.

Haven't watched toonami in 2 years or so; why did One Piece get dropped? Last I remember they were leaving enies lobby.

Short answer, ratings.

The show just wasn't worth renewing the license.

Shame too. We were about to get to some good arcs.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
because you weren't watching it, which sent the message it wasn't hip & appealing to the toonami audience, so we got tokyo ghoul instead

Haven't watched toonami in 2 years or so; why did One Piece get dropped? Last I remember they were leaving enies lobby.

In the past two years, One Piece and Shippuden got pushed to the back of the block since they were older series and One Piece in particular has struggled with ratings.

That and I'm still suspicious considering how long it took Toonami to confirm licensing Super and Kai, Toei was probably increasing the broadcast fees.

God damn at the beginning of HxH ep 43. Feitan's all mad cause he didn't get to kill people.
3866d2f77b89850a5a152d85f827a6f0cbbd0dcc_hq.gif

Uvo's pimp hand is fucking killer.
Don't worry Shadow Beasts got dis shit...pffft I already know what happens to these fucking people.

caliph95

God damn at the beginning of HxH ep 43. Feitan's all mad cause he didn't get to kill people.
3866d2f77b89850a5a152d85f827a6f0cbbd0dcc_hq.gif

Uvo's pimp hand is fucking killer.
Don't worry Shadow Beasts got dis shit...pffft I already know what happens to these fucking people.
It's hilarious rewatching that with them building the shadow beasts as the biggest dicks in the mafia, then que next episode.

Seeing people criticize Mikazuki being emotionless really put into perspective how relative these things are because, man, Mikazuki may not show much emotion, but at least he has emotions.
Mikazuki is nowhere as bad as the dude from Aldnoah Zero.
It's hilarious rewatching that with them building the shadow beasts as the biggest dicks in the mafia, then que next episode.
I'm surprised Togashi gave them unique designs, they weren't even good enough to become Blinky food.

cntr

Banned
always thought it was weird that Setsuna was a Kurdish dude except he had a Japanese name, even if it wasn't his real one.

like, what's up with that.

always thought it was weird that Setsuna was a Kurdish dude except he had a Japanese name, even if it wasn't his real one.

like, what's up with that.
I guess to cover up the fact that he's Kurdish. I think given the stigma of the war they wanted to keep as much about him in mystery as possible.

cntr

Banned
I guess to cover up the fact that he's Kurdish. I think given the stigma of the war they wanted to keep as much about him in mystery as possible.
I guess, but he's clearly not from Japan, so you'd think he'd go for something more common.

...then again, nobody questions the stupid Innovator names...

of course, we know the actual reason, but it's still silly once you try thinking about it in-universe

I guess, but he's clearly not from Japan, so you'd think he'd go for something more common.

...then again, nobody questions the stupid Innovator names...

of course, we know the actual reason, but it's still silly once you try thinking about it in-universe
I guess in the Gundam world nobody questions dumb as fuck names.
a914c4ad9571c9f91e7080511665b5fbb9528f1d_hq.gif

GAT DAMMMMMM!!!

cntr

Banned
The manga is really graphic. The anime kind of throws you off due to the early censorship, but people reading the manga got to see shit like Killua squishing a realistically drawn heart

edit: I will say the anime scene is also worse in its own way since it adds sound effects to Uvogin's chomp, lol

The manga is really graphic. The anime kind of throws you off due to the early censorship, but people reading the manga got to see shit like Killua squishing a realistically drawn heart

edit: I will say the anime scene is also worse in its own way since it adds sound effects to Uvogin's chomp, lol

I know the '99 Series included the scene where Killua crushed that fools heart.

cntr

Banned
I know the 99 anime included the scene where Killua crushed that fools heart.
I'm really interested who forced Madhouse to censor all the early stuff, since they clearly didn't give a shit from Yorknew on.

I know the Madhouse HxH ran on a kids timeslot in Japan until the Chimera Ant arc, when it got moved to a late night slot. You'd think that they'd have figured that out by then.

I only started reading it when I...had to post anime. Hisoka's pretty god damn violent...

I'm really interested who forced Madhouse to censor all the early stuff, since they clearly didn't give a shit from Yorknew on.

I know the Madhouse HxH ran on a kids timeslot in Japan until the Chimera Ant arc, when it got moved to a late night slot. You'd think that they'd have figured that out by then.

They probably initially tried to accommodate for the sake that they had a "Family hour" slot, but as the series got progressively more violent, they just stopped trying lol

Blinky (or Deme-chan) sounds like Bowser Jr. in the old anime

In the 2011 anime, it sounds like Yoshi's voice with some G-major applied to it

Edit:

In the 1999 dub it sounds like crap

In the 2011 dub it sounds like...Flowey from you-know-what

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Seeing people criticize Mikazuki being emotionless really put into perspective how relative these things are because, man, Mikazuki may not show much emotion, but at least he has emotions.
Mikazuki is soooooo much better than Bahnager. He didn't give a damn about monologues & would just kill the villains while they were trying to give speeches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom