• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

cocopuffs

Banned
Anyone know what these TTC codes you hear on the subway announcements occasionally are? Almost every day I hear, "506 Dundas West Please Call Patrol", subway jumpers, regular maintenance...???

I don't really get the hate for McDonald's. I still like them despite what everybody says, although I just stick to junior chickens and fries.
If you live in Toronto and you ever have to resort to eating McDonald's, you're doing something wrong. Overpriced garbage junk food.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Anyone know what these TTC codes you hear on the subway announcements occasionally are? Almost every day I hear, "506 Dundas West Please Call Patrol", subway jumpers, regular maintenance...???

If you live in Toronto and you ever have to resort to eating McDonald's, you're doing something wrong. Overpriced garbage junk food.

I can't confirm these are all correct, but..

135A = Power Control
142 = Subway Route Supervisor
143 = Cheif Supervisor (143 East, West, North, Central, South)
147 = Fare Supervisor (they use initials - 147 MI, etc...)
148 = Transit Security (148 North, West, South, Central, 1A, 2B, etc...)
199 = Subway Line Mechanic Supervisor
201 to 220 = Fare Collectors (armoured vehicles)
299 = Subway Line Mechanic
301 to 320 = Streetcar Track/Overhead maintenence
506 = Station Janitor
630 to 649 = Electricians and Signal Maintenence
828 = Streetcar Switch maintenence

dluu13

Well, luckily (I guess) there isn't a McDonald's near me. I live near Chinatown so there's no shortage of restaurants to eat at for the nights I'm too lazy to cook.
But back in Vancouver, I used to go sit in the McDonald's near my house with my friend every Saturday night and listen to him talk about cars and work. Then, at 10pm on the dot, all the middle aged dudes come in and get their coffees and blueberry muffins. Good times.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
McDonald's sucks now because there are sooo many better small non-chain restaurants everywhere where you can get a meal for about the same price. Plus, most of the other chains have just flat out better food than McDonalds too

zroid

Banned
You know what's recently turned into my favourite fast food joint?

A&W

they always have some deals going on and the food is pretty decent too

Kraftwerk

I doubt it since it's so late unless there's an incredible door crasher...

Well, I have a phone interview tomorrow. Wish me luck all!

The door crasher started one hour ago. Honestly nothing incredible, but the ssd I want is 30 dollars cheaper, so fuck it. With this dollar I'll take any discount. I'll also get another monitor if there's anything good.

And good luck.

Divvy

The door crasher started one hour ago. Honestly nothing incredible, but the ssd I want is 30 dollars cheaper, so fuck it. With this dollar I'll take any discount. I'll also get another monitor if there's anything good.

And good luck.

Have you seen the 500 gig SSD on amazon that's 100 cheaper right now? At 150 dollars?

Kraftwerk

Well, went to Canada Computer at College and Spadina.

Its hilarious how nobody gives a shit during sale events here compares to USA. I got some hard drives, monitor and my friends bought some stuff too. I think there were like 5 people in total shopping at the store.

Im gonna go back there tomorrow and pick some more stuff up.

Tabris

beetlejuice.gif

By the way, I turned down the job offer that would have had me move to Toronto.

Well, went to Canada Computer at College and Spadina.

Its hilarious how nobody gives a shit during sale events here compares to USA. I got some hard drives, monitor and my friends bought some stuff too. I think there were like 5 people in total shopping at the store.

Im gonna go back there tomorrow and pick some more stuff up.

Did they open at midnight?

I waited three hours in line (look at me I'm so Toronto now) for the Black Friday event at LCBO. Got my bottle of Bourbon County Brand Stout. Aw yiss.

Should probably go wait in line for Uncle Tetsu now and call it a meal.

I swear to god people just line up on Black Friday for the sake of lining up for some big non-event. Sales aren't even that good (as usual).

That being said I can't wait to go to the Eaton Centre at like 8AM in the morning on Boxing Day and just scooping all the things I want before everyone wakes up hungover from the night before

Sober

I swear to god people just line up on Black Friday for the sake of lining up for some big non-event. Sales aren't even that good (as usual).

That being said I can't wait to go to the Eaton Centre at like 8AM in the morning on Boxing Day and just scooping all the things I want before everyone wakes up hungover from the night before
Sounds like pure distilled Toronto to me.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Eaton Centre has deals worth going for? I don't think I've ever seen anything good there on Boxing Day and it's crowded.

Divvy

I lined up overnight for the Wii launch, mostly cuz my friends were and I wanted to have that kind of experience to see what it's like.

It was awful, because it was november.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I lined up overnight for the Wii launch, mostly cuz my friends were and I wanted to have that kind of experience to see what it's like.

I lined up for a Wii back in its launch and didn't get one in the end. Couldn't find one until the April after.

Oh man, why did I dredge up this bad memory? The system wasn't even worth the wait to play on launch day. Goddamn it.

Oh man, why did I dredge up this bad memory? The system wasn't even worth the wait to play on launch day. Goddamn it.

Yes it was! I got one and played Wii Sports for like 200 hours in just a few months. Those were some great memories. Probably the most fun I can remember from a lifetime of playing video games. Everyone I knew would come over to play and had a blast.
The other day, I was even looking at an old photo of myself standing in front of the TV when I finally got a perfect game in Wii Sports Bowling lol

Good times.

zroid

Banned

were we secretly friends in 2006? :lol

I dragged my friends to the bay Dundas best buy and only I ended up buying one. then it became so hard to find and they couldn't get theirs till a year later, a fact which I lorded over them for months. 😎

Divvy

were we secretly friends in 2006? :lol

I dragged my friends to the bay Dundas best buy and only I ended up buying one. then it became so hard to find and they couldn't get theirs till a year later, a fact which I lorded over them for months. 😎

I was in oakville! Someone drove by and threw eggs at the line.

Eaton Centre has deals worth going for? I don't think I've ever seen anything good there on Boxing Day and it's crowded.

In general? Not really. Depends on what you're looking for. I tend to just get like 1-2 small things, plus clothes, and then get the fuck out before everyone else decides to go to the mall as well. Most of my stuff I get online though. PSN and XBL keeping the discount dreams alive

The last thing I ever actually lined up for, for a long period of time, was the PS4 launch in 2013. But that was fun because everyone in the line was joking about how Knack will be GOTY. I also didn't dress properly and almost froze to death

Anth0ny

same. best buy, 11PM to 10AM the next morning. freezing cold.

but it was worth it because I'm pretty sure it was impossible to get your hands on a Wii for the next year or so.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
In general? Not really. Depends on what you're looking for. I tend to just get like 1-2 small things, plus clothes, and then get the fuck out before everyone else decides to go to the mall as well. Most of my stuff I get online though. PSN and XBL keeping the discount dreams alive

The last thing I ever actually lined up for, for a long period of time, was the PS4 launch in 2013. But that was fun because everyone in the line was joking about how Knack will be GOTY. I also didn't dress properly and almost froze to death
Knack... :'(

So, fuzzy, how is knack?

Still appreciative of ol soutron for getting me a PS4 relatively early and at pre shit CAD price

explodet

Did my very first Uncle Tetsu wait'n'line. I figured if I wanted to try one of these things it was either today or risk freezing my bits off if I didn't want to wait until spring.

It wasn't too bad, only one person cut in line (behind me, thankfully) and only one person who asked why someone was able to buy 3 cheesecakes when she could only buy one - the guy buying three had two friends in line and was buying for them.

Top Bottom