• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Just stating objective facts, sir.
Toronto voted in the dearly departed Robert B. Ford! The greatest, according to Don Cherry, mayor this city has ever had. I'll tell you what we do with your "objective facts"

giphy.gif

Was at the Jays game, sitting in the 100 level outfield, game is in the 5th or 6th inning and John Tory shows up and sits 2 rows in front of me!

I should have asked him to ban the wave in Toronto

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So my picture ended up in a magazine for work.

"On the Go" September edition. I was just given a copy by one of my VPs.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
So my picture ended up in a magazine for work.

"On the Go" September edition. I was just given a copy by one of my VPs.

It took me a minute to realize you weren't talking about your avatar when you said your picture.

"How did his VP know what his avatar is? Is his VP on GAF?! Wait... he probably meant an actual photo of himself."

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I have returned, and I bring cheesecake

there was one person ahead of me in line
Toronto Star Sept 14: Famous Uncle Tetsu's Cheesecake Factory shuts down amidst lack of demand.

Edit: ugh...I wonder if I'm getting an ulcer...the work I'm putting in....fuck....

zroid

Banned
I had a piece warmed this evening, so i'm gonna try it chilled tomorrow

I usually prefer cheesecake chilled anyways, so we'll see!

dluu13

*inhales*

Ahhh

Nice and cool breeze hitting my face. So nice. No sun. Lot of clouds.

Perfection

*exhales*

I am sort of looking forward to wearing a coat again. The worst thing about summer is that I don't have enough pockets so I gotta wear that bulky phone holster on my belt.

zroid

Banned
I am sort of looking forward to wearing a coat again. The worst thing about summer is that I don't have enough pockets so I gotta wear that bulky phone holster on my belt.
lol I know how you feel, this summer I've started carrying around a shoulder pouch sometimes

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

I'm a bit excited for winter so I can wear a coat, although not for the pocket reason since I carry a purse. It's because I was looking my closet and found an old winter coat that I forgot I had. From the faded Marlies ticket in the pocket (there was also an empty chip bag but let's not discuss that) it's from 2008. Anyway, it's a size small but I can zip it up. Mind you, I was only wearing my pjs when I did this so with a sweater it might be a bit snug. But I still have a few months before I need to wear it and I've continually lost weight since January.

I don't have to buy a new winter coat (my current one is huge on me now) and I can wear a coat that I haven't been able to wear in almost 10 years. I don't even care that it's that old because it's still a nice coat.

So yeah, excited. :D

I'm renting a car to drive to Montreal this weekend with a few friends. It's becoming increasingly clear that this may have been a dumb idea.

I've been here just over a year and haven't driven once. I've also never driven an automatic or on the right (wrong) side of the road. You're also a bunch of goddam maniacs with your turning on a red light!

I have around 7 years experience from back home, accident free. Hope it stays this way.

Is there any weird specific Canadian road rules I should be aware of? Currently in work crash coursing on the driver's handbooks available online.

zroid

Banned
I'm renting a car to drive to Montreal this weekend with a few friends. It's becoming increasingly clear that this may have been a dumb idea.

I've been here just over a year and haven't driven once. I've also never driven an automatic or on the right (wrong) side of the road. You're also a bunch of goddam maniacs with your turning on a red light!

I have around 7 years experience from back home, accident free. Hope it stays this way.

Is there any weird specific Canadian road rules I should be aware of? Currently in work crash coursing on the driver's handbooks available online.

It's funny you say that because one of the weird specific rules you should know is that you can't turn right on a red light in Montreal (only in Montreal)

It's funny you say that because one of the weird specific rules you should know is that you can't turn right on a red light in Montreal (only in Montreal)
Yeah some guy in work told me that and it's a relief!

Think I may annoy one if my friends into letting me practice in his car tonight.

dluu13

With an automatic you just press the pedal and drive. I guess that's one thing off your mind while you drive on the "wrong" side of the road hahaha

With an automatic you just press the pedal and drive. I guess that's one thing off your mind while you drive on the "wrong" side of the road hahaha
Yeah there should be nothing to it with the automatic. It's just that it'll be my first time with one and will go straight into the longest drive of my life.

Also, kidding about the "wrong" side. I'm just worried about simple things like right of way that I'll have actually think about being on the other side.

Turning on red is probably better and more efficient anyway.

dluu13

Yeah there should be nothing to it with the automatic. It's just that it'll be my first time with one and will go straight into the longest drive of my life.

Also, kidding about the "wrong" side. I'm just worried about simple things like right of way that I'll have actually think about being on the other side.

Turning on red is probably better and more efficient anyway.

I know you're kidding :p. The highway to drive from here to Montreal is quite straightforward, so there should be no problems. But when you get into Montreal, especially if you are downtown the traffic is crazy. I guess that's a good place to have an automatic.

Actually, I kind of wish we weren't allowed to turn on reds. That's just another exception to the rule for people to mess up with.

Sober

I know you're kidding :p. The highway to drive from here to Montreal is quite straightforward, so there should be no problems. But when you get into Montreal, especially if you are downtown the traffic is crazy. I guess that's a good place to have an automatic.

Actually, I kind of wish we weren't allowed to turn on reds. That's just another exception to the rule for people to mess up with.

Yeah I mean I grew up having being driven and driving with right and red but that is like a horrendous thing and I honestly wouldn't mind no rights on red becoming a thing in Ontario at lea st.

As a driver of downtown Toronto I would hate not being able to turn right on red. With pedestrians crossing the street even after the timer goes to 0 there wouldn't be any chance to turn.

Top Bottom