• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trackmania² Canyon: Gameplay Video

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
n0b said:
How could anybody not expect it to look that good.
Yeah, this really. I don't get it. Even TrackMania United/Nations still look great under certain conditions (the nicer Stadium tracks for example, some of the other environments are not as pretty anymore). They have great post processing and a cool, clean visual style. I didn't expect anything less than beautiful for the sequel. I'm not disappointed ;)

Apparently an embargo was just lifted Sunday. So hopefully we'll see even more fapulous footage.

Yeah, there's quite a bit of footage out there. Compiling links from here for you bums.

mclem

Alextended said:
Yeah, this really. I don't get it. Even TrackMania United/Nations still look great under certain conditions (the nicer Stadium tracks for example, some of the other environments are not as pretty anymore).

Desert, Snow and Rally, perhaps? Those are the original environments, while Island, Bay and Coast are from the later Sunrise which had a bit more work on the graphics.

Salsa

man i hope there's not a free version

sounds like being an ass, but the free version of Trackmania made every player swith to the free tracks since there were more players there.. other modes were a ghost town

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
sweet juicy footage, looks superb!

Too...
many...
video gaems...

mclem

SalsaShark said:
man i hope there's not a free version

sounds like being an ass, but the free version of Trackmania made every player swith to the free tracks since there were more players there.. other modes were a ghost town

While Stadium is indeed considerably more populous, I didn't really struggle to find classic/sunrise servers that had players.

Lumine

Hot damn! Night time!

Canyon seems so bloody fast though, it's gonna take some getting used to be able to corner like that.

1-D_FTW

Teknopathetic said:

Muhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahhahahahahah. Damn. It's like the perfect melding of Trackmania high-points.

You know a game is good when I'll pay full price to be there Day 1 even with UBI's shitty DRM. Now let's get that baby up for pre-order on Steam.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Speed and turns in some of the videos makes it feel like Outrun x Trackmania
I am totally ok with this.

1-D_FTW

Hazaro said:
Speed and turns in some of the videos makes it feel like Outrun x Trackmania
I am totally ok with this.

Although, for people who've never played the game, they could really be mislead by those videos. Those flawless laps are the result of incredibly skilled players. This is no "hold left" and watch the game steer you through the corner effortlessly.

TimmiT

Teknopathetic said:
Apparently an embargo was just lifted Sunday. So hopefully we'll see even more fapulous footage.

Yeah, there's quite a bit of footage out there. Compiling links from here for you bums.
@isamu: I have played Outrun 2 on PSP and yeah, The drifting is similar.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

strafer

Whoever was driving he took that corner like a boss.

trackmaniaerv7.gif

Dilly

Banned
I'm in the beta.

I'm having way more fun with Canyon then with United, graphics look great and the drifting is easy to do but hard to master.

Car definately feels fun.

MJLord

downloading nations forever first, but it looks great ! damn it feels like im getting mugged early by my PC this year xD

1-D_FTW

Dilly said:
I'm in the beta.

I'm having way more fun with Canyon then with United, graphics look great and the drifting is easy to do but hard to master.

Does it feel good with a 360 pad? That's the one thing that worries me about those videos. Can you drift even close to that if you're not using keys?

ismaboof

Dilly said:
I'm in the beta.

What kind of specs did they recommend?

Dilly

Banned
1-D_FTW said:
Does it feel good with a 360 pad? That's the one thing that worries me about those videos. Can you drift even close to that if you're not using keys?

I'm playing with keys, and I do think that people with pads have a slight advantage because some roads are quite narrow.

But the drifting with keys really isn't that hard, it controls really good.

ismaboof said:
What kind of specs did they recommend?

Can't really seem to find those, sorry.

1-D_FTW

Dilly said:
I'm playing with keys, and I do think that people with pads have a slight advantage because some roads are quite narrow.

But the drifting with keys really isn't that hard, it controls really good.

Hope you're right. The 360 controller was always really sensitive in the old games. You definitely had an advantage with the keys, but I just had more fun with the controller so I sacrificed some time to be able to use it.

bee

quite a good time for pc exclusives right now. i'm buying it whatever but has a price been mentioned yet? £20 for each environment would be too much but £10 would be ok with me

Hakkuei

bee said:
quite a good time for pc exclusives right now. i'm buying it whatever but has a price been mentioned yet? £20 for each environment would be too much but £10 would be ok with me
20€

Why are people so surprised? We already saw from the earlier trailers that it would look godlike.

No multiplatform ball and chain + talented developer.

Looks somewhat slower than united.

-SD-

Banned
I've been playing the closed Beta since it started but I play with bloom disabled.

The game is, unsurprisingly, tons of fun. Nadeo rocks.

Strafer said:
Whoever was driving he took that corner like a boss.

trackmaniaerv7.gif
Indeed he did. Drifting is very enjoyable in TM²C.

Top Bottom