• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Tragically Heterosexual) Marriage System Announced For Fire Emblem Awakening

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Pegasus Knight waifu get.

I will buy a 3DS just for this game NoA. Please bring it since I can't import unless I buy a 3DS from Europe ;_;

Embryon

Neo Member
The Character Page on the Awakening web site now has a whole new use...

The Bara pairing are now running rampant in my mind. :D

There's so much FE Bara out there... and it's all incredible. :D

Also, Santa from 999 got buff and traveled to the FE universe!

chara13.jpg

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Careful...One arrow is all it takes and you'll be a widower. I'm opting for a Nephenee like spear-wimmens waifu get.

This seriously made me lol. Good post sir or madam. I had to think about it for a second since I haven't played FE in a long while.

johnsmith

remember me
From Serenes Forest:
http://www.serenesforest.net/general/misconception.html#fe8

The Sacred Stones

Eirika and Ephraim get married

Give me a break! Now, close sibling relationships are a fairly common theme in the Fire Emblem game. However if this were true, I shudder to think of the backlash that Nintendo would have received. The actual misconception states that, in the Japanese version, Eirika and Ephraim's paired ending indicate that they get married. However, in truth it doesn't and the ending is virtually identical to the English version.

linko9

The marriage system was great in FE4, but only because you actually have kids that then become your units for the second half of the game. If they aren't doing that, I don't really see this as particularly interesting.

GhaleonQ

The marriage system was great in FE4, but only because you actually have kids that then become your units for the second half of the game. If they aren't doing that, I don't really see this as particularly interesting.

^

Also, back to your hovel, PoliGAF. Be terrible back there.

Fire Emblem has had every type of relationship, and I do mean every, you can even pair a brother and a sister in FE4
And their kids are playable in the 2nd generations
mind blown!! Nintendo randomly does interesting shits; I just recently watched EU trailer for Pandora's Tower and the deformed girl biting the monster flesh was WAY disgusting compared to usual gore and blood

Apparently, before the 'prophets' coming on earth, this was widely practiced; at least I know Persians did this (though probably to protect their bloodline or someshit, and not cause of some freedom etc.)

The new trailer says that you can do this. They also show an example.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The only marriage that will happen if this doesn't get a US localization is between my fist and Reggie's smug face.

Make it happen, Reggie.

BowieZ

Banned
Depending on how it's done, not only is this the right thing to do, but it's great and free publicity for Nintendo/flagship 3DS titles.

CSX

omg, those last amazing seconds of that trailer.

Mom and daughter double attack.

NoA...I beg of you!!!!

Fox news: Nintendo the famous Liberal Japanese company teaches American children how to become gay! Obama seen last Christmas buying Nintendo games while praying in a Mosque!

Lethality

My body is ready. Does this mean I can have Marth cheat on Sheeda? I'm liking this already. XD Get on this NoA!!! I want this shit in North America ASAP. Though I did just buy a 3DS from Japan, so I really don't mind... but I wouldn't be able to understand shit otherwise...

Hope you can marry your little sister!
5708303781_cb1a0e8c6a_m.jpg

dock

I hope marriage isn't important, I don't want it getting in the way, or accidentally romancing characters I'm chatting with!

That said, this is the game I'm most excited for this year. Put it in me!

Tajin

Banned
I'm tired of being punished by video game media for being a bachelor.

Tell me when Fire Emblem introduces polyamorous relationships.

I've never cared about creating relationships with video game characters, but being able to have kids and use them in your party sounds great.

Also, is Shadow Dragon worth it just because it's Fire Emblem?

PKrockin

I've never cared about creating relationships with video game characters, but being able to have kids and use them in your party sounds great.

It's probably the worst of the localized Fire Emblems but it's not a bad game.

Fire Emblem has had every type of relationship, and I do mean every, you can even pair a brother and a sister in FE4
And their kids are playable in the 2nd generations

There's only 1 brother and sister pair in FE4, and those 2 were never confirmed to be brother and sister although it's strongly implied that they are.

I hope it wouldn't really be seen to be controversial (same sex marriage), we've been able to do it in the Sims for over 10 years now.

Providing they're DLC characters, totally marrying:

Ike x Ranulf (Screw you Soren!)
Jill x Haar
Mia x Everyone

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
It means after KI, this is another Nintendo game with huge amount of content. Good.

Also these graphics/art style please me a lot.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Don't.

Just... stay away from it.

I have never played a game more emotionally devoid than that game.

EVH

But does this marriage thing have any kind of implications in the gameplay? Aside of having your children in the team (aka KONY FE)

Like, I don't know, if your main character is in danger and you're married, she/he comes and makes some kind of special attack trying to save you.

Prax

GIVE ME BLOODLINE BABIES, NINTENDO! >:c

I still call this the ultimate gaiden/Side Story Fire Emblem, but being bale to marry and breed will make it a lot better/more tolerable. XD

iirate

Do you have something against straight characters? I don't at all like the Bioware approach where every character is what you want them to become rather than a personality of their own. If they happen to have characters as straight or gay or bi that should ideally be the writers' choice and vision and have nothing to do with the company wanting to appear progressive or not.

Sure, I agree, but at the same time, it is equally lame that all characters are assumed straight and willing. If we can't have some nuance, I'd prefer for both straight and gay relationships to be possible across the board.

Well marriage sounds like a nice addition, as long as the personality in the characters exist.

What would be even more funny is if the characters get rejected on different circumstances. Like say a straight character tries to marry a gay person, but cant due to the lack of attraction from the significant other. I know they wont do that, but that would make things more interesting than shaping the sexuality to your desire always.

Wait wait wait... the marriage thing is not new and not a surprise, although an awesome thing to have.
But someone fucking explain me the MY UNIT thing. YOU CAN CREATE YOUR OWN CHARACTER?
As in western RPG's, with its looks and all? How does that work with the ingame artworks?

It could be pretty epic if thats the case.

EDIT
Mmm, seems to be also in the DS game, I hope its exapanded in this one.

And lol at people thinking the marriage aspect is new (and being repulsed by it), and I havent played to the majority of fire emblems.

NeonZ

As in western RPG's, with its looks and all? How does that work with the ingame artworks?

It could be pretty epic if thats the case.

They've apparently made 2d art for each 3d piece individually, and then the game makes a composite artwork based on the ones (and the colors) chosen by the player.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Iwata : 'we really don't want catfish to buy this, how can we 100% stop that from happening'

some designer: 'What if we let the characters marry each other?!'

Iwata: 'bingo'

Top Bottom