• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Tragically Heterosexual) Marriage System Announced For Fire Emblem Awakening

CSX

I have a bad feeling this will mean that all of the characters are straight. A big downgrade for the series, if you ask me. The people at Intelligent Systems might be progressive enough for same-sex marriage, but I doubt Nintendo execs would be.

It probably will be all straight marriages. When Nintendo said "can marry anyone" , it was probably referring to My Unit being either male or female.

Still, you can hope and we will find out in about two weeks.

It probably will be all straight marriages. When Nintendo said "can marry anyone" , it was probably referring to My Unit being either male or female.

Well...I guess the rest of the game will still be good...

I have a bad feeling this will mean that all of the characters are straight. A big downgrade for the series, if you ask me. The people at Intelligent Systems might be progressive enough for same-sex marriage, but I doubt Nintendo execs would be.

Nintendo: We want a US release?

Yeah, this is why I'm still pessimistic and not getting as excited as I'd like to be.

So, when Nintendo is saying they're taking the best of all the Fire Emblems for Awakening, it looks like they aren't kidding. Any Fire Emblem experts know what we're missing now?
An accurate and functional scoring system that factors in all of the difficulty reduction the player can engage in (grinding, DLC items, who knows what else..). It would be sad if Lunatic mode were reduced to a joke. FE12's scoring system wasn't that good, either, as it had far too low of a cap.

Regarding marriage and all that, I would like it if you could set your character's gender orientation at the start of the game. This applies to Mass Effect and Dragon Age as well. That way players wouldn't see flirt options for people they wouldn't be interested in.

I am neither for nor against marriage. My hopes are for a difficulty level that isn't ridiculous (like the hardest Shadow Dragon difficulty), yet still has permadeath and has no grinding (like the Sacred Stones towers).

Oh, and Path of Radiance is the best FE.

Hansel

Banned

Wouldn't that still be cool?

I mean, I want lesbians and gay dudes in my squad too, but even if I can't have them it's still a pretty rad feature.

Dresden

Nyqd7.png

McNum

Has it been said Anna is a playable character?

I think i read it somewhere or was i dreaming ?
She is. Trickster Class. It's a new promotion of Thief, can use Staves.

Also, is that guy eating a lollipop? And I see we have our female Myrmidon, too.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
The designs have gotten a lot more interesting from back when the game was announced, Kozaki doesn't disappoint in the end. Riz still looks weird though.

Wait, so this is a sequel to Fire Emblem 3? I am out of the loop.

Yeah. It also seems like a sort-of sequel to every other FE game, but mostly just FE3. You can see Tiki all grown up up there.

Meh, seems like an Ira wannabe.

The original, accept no substitution.

http://serenesforest.net/media/tcg/2/fe2-006.jpg[IMG]

Ok, her Son, daughter, and nephew are also ace in my book.[/QUOTE]

Lucky for you that Ira is DLC then.

[B]Serenes Forest with more Famitsu info again:[/B]

[QUOTE]Who cares if I'm being redundant

- Everyone's room = everyone's conditions [From FE12, your units will go out and explore when you're not playing, and can come back with rare items and extra EXP]
[B]- MU's promoted skill adds half STR to magical attacks and half MAG to physical attacks[/B]
- Divine strategist: "all-around high stats"
- Dark mage: "uses various spells with added effects, like Resire"
- Dark knight: "fights with swords and tomes, but cannot use dark magic" (?!)
- Swordmaster: same old
- Thief: /o\

Sarya (Dark Mage)
An user of Pelesian sorcery, she has a dark personality. Often chants suspicious curses when alone. We thought Pelesia was supposed to be Krom's enemy...? It's unknown how she joins him.
>Class changes into Dark Knight/Sorcerer

Sairi (Swordmaster)
The princess of a small country in Valm, she has a direct personality and an unwielding spirit. Something about her feels different from the people of Iris. She looks old-fashioned (i.e., dresses and speaks in old Japanese style). Though she's a princess, her skill with the sword seems real.

Gaia (Thief)
A thief living in Iris. Calm, composed and able, he'll basically do any job if the price is right. Loves free sweets.
------
Sairi - Noble Sword
(= description from magazine) + Adores her brother, but is currently his enemy (= in opposite sides of a battlefield/war) for some reasons. Swordmaster

Gaia - Cool Sweet Tooth thief
(= description from magazine) + He has candies hidden all over his body. Class is Thief.

Sarya - Curse-loving Dark Mage
Sorcerer from Pelesia. Doesn't really care about the conflict between Pelesia and Iris, and is often chanting suspicious curses by herself. Class is Dark Mage.

Marriage
"As [B]two characters of different genders[/B] deepen their bond, that bond may eventually change to love, and they marry." Their child (remember though, Japanese uses singular as generic) then joins the group, and can fight alongside their parents.[/QUOTE]

No gay marriage? American release confirmed!

jj984jj

I think the artwork is a mixed bag. I actually like the art in Radiant Historia. I rather have the art be like that.
Kozaki seems out of his element and maybe he's also overworked here, but I didn't think any of it looked good before we got the boxart and it is growing on me now. The biggest problem I see is that he doesn't seem to maintain the level of his work from full character art to the smaller in-game portraits, some of the characters just don't come out well in the transition.

How many Sacaean characters were in FE7 ( I didn't touch FE6)? Lyn, Guy and Rath. Sacae was barely a point of interest.

Yeah, FE6. In FE7, the place was barely featured, but the place had a nomadic tribal feel; very different from the European setting.

Kozaki seems out of his element and maybe he's also overworked here, but I didn't think any of it looked good before we got the boxart and it is growing on me now. The biggest problem I see is that he doesn't seem to maintain the level of his work from full character art to the smaller in-game portraits, some of the characters just don't come out well in the transition.

Well that and I think some of characters look weird, full body or not. They feel very out of place in Fire Emblem. They feel a little too "modern" despite being a fantasy setting. Little things like cell-phone straps on the sword, teddy bear lollipop, weird toilet armor, etc looks weird in Fire Emblem.

jj984jj

Well that and I think some of characters look weird, full body or not. They feel very out of place in Fire Emblem. They feel a little too "modern" despite being a fantasy setting. Little things like cell-phone straps on the sword, teddy bear lollipop, weird toilet armor, etc looks weird in Fire Emblem.
Well that's what I mean by Kozaki being out of his element, I think he likes to draw things like that (with a modern twist). It's great for Suda 51 since he'll probably never make a game like this, but in this case it'll have mixed reactions. I still think it comes off a lot better than what they were trying to do with Masamune Shirow on the DS at least.

Top Bottom