• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump begging people to vote Ron Estes in Kansas early election.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like trump whatsoever but campaigning for your party isn't begging. I do think trump is desperate for a W right now so he is trying to go for what should be an easy one. If he takes an L here it will be hilarious

It's begging because they're pulling in the president to campaign in an R+30 district, which has no business being as close as it is. His phone call also comes across as pretty desperate.

But he's not really desperate for this win, he doesn't care about this race and likely doesn't even know anything about it. This is more a party thing. A loss here for the GOP would signify that 2018 is going to be a massive Democrat wave, as these off cycle elections generally tell us where the electorate will be during the midterms.

So uh how does Poligaf stay calm amidst Trump being a complete moron in attempting to instigate conflict with NK and elsewhere? Am I just glancing at the wrong news articles? It's like everytime Trump attempts to do something on the international level, there's another step towards conflict.

Any war ignited impacts everyone - allies of the US and China gets embroiled pulling in their allies as well. Shit is scary.

Amir0x

Banned
So uh how does Poligaf stay calm amidst Trump being a complete moron in attempting to instigate conflict with NK and elsewhere? Am I just glancing at the wrong news articles? It's like everytime Trump attempts to do something on the international level, there's another step towards conflict.

Any war ignited impacts everyone - allies of the US and China gets embroiled pulling in their allies as well. Shit is scary.

By watching and not reacting like WWIII is set to break out at every geopolitical ripple.

Lots of posturing going on, and Trump is certainly a danger unlike any this country has faced in a hundred years. But right now no reason to fear the worst before something more significant happens than what has already occurred.

By watching and not reacting like WWIII is set to break out at every geopolitical ripple.

Lots of posturing going on, and Trump is certainly a danger unlike any this country has faced in a hundred years. But right now no reason to fear the worst before something more significant happens than what has already occurred.

Thanks for the reply. My hope is that Trump's unpredictability has some kind of safeguard in place that prevents major conflict from occurring. I also meant to post this in the Poligaf thread lol

Raguel

I did my part and voted for Thompson but so many people in Kansas are so fucking stupid that they doesn't recognize their asshole from their mouth. I've seen plenty of signs for Estes in my neighborhood of mostly old white people. Fucking travesty.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
What actual reason is there for a Senator from Texas to be on the campaign trail in Kansas?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Don't forget Cruz and Pence both showed up in person to give speeches, the fact they have to do that in a red district says something.

I don't know about "have to do that". I mean, why wouldn't they do it? This is the "forever stuck in campaign mode" presidency we're talking about.

Is this why I just got a call from an unknown phone number in Kansas? What do they want me to do all the way over here from Vegas, phone bank? I gotta work, brahs. This ain't my fight.

Mulberry

I'm voting later today and there is a good chance Estes will lose. The Kansas legislature has already begun to move to more moderates and democrats in revolt of Brownback, almost enough to override his veto power. People forget we had a democratic governor prior to Brownback (she left for the Obama administration).

jelly

Would the Republicans losing this mean they would likely turn on Trump and maybe get impeachment rolling ?

Would the Republicans losing this mean they would likely turn on Trump and maybe get impeachment rolling ?

Impeach him for what, being a buffoon? He has to actually be found to have done something illegal first, and I'm pretty sure the actual investigations are still ongoing.

He'll be there all four years

JohnsonUT

Probably not. They would be more measured in whether to support Trump's agenda to not, though. So far, Trump is seeing more support from the Republican party in the first hundred days than any of his last five predecessors saw from their party in the first 100 days. This is remarkable when you consider how look warm the party was toward him during the campaign.

Edit: It is first year not first 100 days. Adding graphic for reference.

bycoffe-senate-0331_2_21.png

Impeach him for what, being a buffoon? He has to actually be found to have done something illegal first, and I'm pretty sure the actual investigations are still ongoing.

He'll be there all four years

Ummm...

He's doing plenty illegal.

Reps are in charge though and he'd have to be caught doing something treasonous before they budged. If Dems had the House and Senate though, they'd likely already have him impeached. He never divested his businesses, and they've been receiving payment from foreign leaders for what appears to be preferential treatment. Which any other pres would have their asses impeached for.

Also this is my district. KS04. Hillary lost 66 to 33.

If it's even close, Reps need to be worried.

Even if they hold onto this seat, that they're having to get the President, VP and Speaker to help someone win re-election in a runoff in a red district...

That's hugely encouraging for the DNC.

TyrantII

This is where the revolution starts that Bernie was talking about. Top office doesn't mean anything unless you get progressives, or at least someone willing to work with progressives elected to these office all the way up.

It's not sexy. It's hard work. It's not perfect. It is required.

To all Kansas GAF or peeps that have family/friends in Kansas, please take a few minutes to call and reach out to people to get them out to vote.

One extra voter against the GOP that you can secure speaks louder than 1,000 online posts on how terrible Trump and the GOP are. THIS is how the real fighting and dissent on behalf of all Americans looks like (so far).

This is where the revolution starts that Bernie was talking about. Top office doesn't mean anything unless you get progressives, or at least someone willing to work with progressives elected to these office all the way up.

THIS. Step #1 to get rid of Trump is to complain about him online, Step #2 is doing the very uncomfortable thing to push other humans around you, face to face, to uproot the GOP and Trump vote by vote, district by district, in an organized grassroots way. It involves getting in the shower, putting on clothes, gathering with others who are ready to fight alongside with you, and actually carrying out the takeover of the government by the people FOR the people.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Yup. This is attitude one needs if one wants results (even if they're not immediate results).

Ty4on

Hey people in Kansas in these districts, go vote. I don't give a damn if you think your vote normally doesn't count, let's make this as close as possible to scare them shitless
Isn't the turnout usually quite low in these elections too?

Vlaphor

The thing I've learned about Kansas from living here for around 20 years is that there could be a shotgun pointing into the voting booth that fires when people vote Republican and the majority of people in this state would fill out wills before voting...

Kansas will continue to vote in Republicans as their state continues it's descent into madness, you'd think they'd realize that hey maybe republicans aren't looking out for them and it's not democrats fault since you know, democrats haven't won in that state since 1936...

Kansas will continue to vote in Republicans as their state continues it's descent into madness, you'd think they'd realize that hey maybe republicans aren't looking out for them and it's not democrats fault since you know, democrats haven't won in that state since 1936...

NOTHING is permanent in life. Pushing people to vote in a random Tuesday for a special election is one the first initial steps in changing that previous trend.

But Kansas had a Democrat Governor before Brownback...

mcfrank

35 minutes left Kansas-GAF. Go vote or you are banned from posting in any political threads. If you are in line before 7 they have to let you vote.

Seiniyta

It's not the fact that they defended the seat that's important. But what the margins are. That's the real tell. Kansas flipping in it's current state would send the republicans in pure panic. (if they aren't already depending on the margins they defended the seat)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom