• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump empties schedule; no public appearances all week

Glix

Yeah this seems.. just a little bit clickbaity.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you here (I have no clue what else you might be going for), prison rape jokes aren't cool no matter how terrible the person is.

Well its not really rape.

In that theoretical post, the other prisoner is a star, so they just "let him do it"

FStubbs

The problem with Pence running the country is that the GOP health care plan would get done and they'd advance their awful agenda.

I still think Pence is involved in this Russia thing.

UberTag

Let him hole up in his room all day watching television before golfing on the weekends.
Only bring him out to sign shit or talk about how great he fucking thinks he is or how fake the news is.
I'm OK with all of this.

You'll still have a laughing stock for a president but he can't do any more damage.

Mahonay

Banned
Let him hole up in his room all day watching television before golfing on the weekends.
Only bring him out to sign shit or talk about how great he fucking thinks he is or how fake the news is.
I'm OK with all of this.

You'll still have a laughing stock for a president but he can't do any more damage.
As long as he keeps Tweeting to fuck himself over that sounds great.

Just saw he's doing an interview with Pat Robinson that will air tomorrow. I am sure it will be a hard hitting no holds barred interview. hahahha

Shauni

Well he did have time to be interviewed by a Christian News Outlet and revealed some shocking info.

Lol, wow

The problem with Pence running the country is that the GOP health care plan would get done and they'd advance their awful agenda.

People keep saying this, but I don't think a lot of people understand the issues with the GOP come down to more than just Trump. Yeah, it's part of it, but it's also got just as much to do with the fact that the GOP has some massive fractures despite the unified front they seem to have, and the fact that they are pushing agendas that are hugely unpopular with most everyone. Those things don't go away just because Pence is President. And then Pence still has to deal with coming from a Republican President who was forced out and his angry base, and no matter how much he may try to distance himself from Trump, he'll always be connected in some ways just like Gerald Ford was to Nixon.

CNN is pretty much center. Fox and Breitbart and co are pretty far right. Where is this vast left media? Where can I watch it?

Lol, that's the question I have, too

Xe4

Banned
this site has CNN as further to the left than breitbart is to the right on their methodology page

I don't think that's true. It looks like Breitbart is far right, and CNN/MSNBC are left of center left.

Though I do have problems with where they place the ABQ Journal. I've always found it to be a right of center publication, but they put it as a least biased and slightly left of that to boot.

Not that I think the OP shouldn't be better sourced, because it should (IMO).

b85LmMQ.jpg
I can't breathe

It just seems so bizarre that people are praying to some abstract idea system in the oval office. Like, step back, and try ti figure out wtf this is supposed to do...

Regarding the topic in general...HA...watching this house of cards wobble is certainly entertaining.

What's bizarre is pretending that Trump believes in it.

There's no way that the Russia conspiracy was this widespread without Pence at the very least being aware of it, even if he didn't directly aid in it. And that alone should be enough to disqualify him.

Trump needs to stay wounded and ineffectual but not ousted long enough for the Democrats to reclaim at least one house of the legislature. Ideal timeline is Mueller announcing his findings October of 2018.

It just seems so bizarre that people are praying to some abstract idea system in the oval office. Like, step back, and try ti figure out wtf this is supposed to do...

Regarding the topic in general...HA...watching this house of cards wobble is certainly entertaining.

I'm guessing some of you may have had a narcissistic loved one become 'born again' at some point after their misdeeds finally catch up with them. It's a great way to try to shirk responsibility for wrongdoing in the past.

A whole lot of people in the evangelical camp are going to empathize with Trump now. Not just the prosperity gospel camp.

Dr.Acula

Banned
As a non-USian CNN is pretty centre-right to me. The whole American system is so right it's crazy. Obamacare, based on Romneycare is the most right-wing health care system in the Western world and the debate in the US seems to be on how extreme left it is. A poll just came out saying a majority of Republicans had an unfavorable view of post-secondary education (and there's a serious discussion around students being allowed to carry guns on campus). Abortion is a hot-button issue. On and on.

There's no way that the Russia conspiracy was this widespread without Pence at the very least being aware of it, even if he didn't directly aid in it. And that alone should be enough to disqualify him.

Trump needs to stay wounded and ineffectual but not ousted long enough for the Democrats to reclaim at least one house of the legislature. Ideal timeline is Mueller announcing his findings October of 2018.

Here's how widespread the Russia conspiracy was:

I knew about it before the election.

What the fuck does he need time off from? o_O

Every weekend he is golfing. Usually doesnt even wait till the weekend. Has held no press conferences in forever. Watches TV most of the day. Retweets about the shows he watches. Then shitposts on twitter about how he does NOT watch TV all day.

Does he need a break from taking a break?

JABEE

I wonder if they will have him resign due to medical reasons or something like that. That scheme may help him save face and protect the party.

GodofWine

I'm guessing some of you may have had a narcissistic loved one become 'born again' at some point after their misdeeds finally catch up with them. It's a great way to try to shirk responsibility for wrongdoing in the past.

A whole lot of people in the evangelical camp are going to empathize with Trump now. Not just the prosperity gospel camp.

Is that how that works...me personally, Im a disenfranchised catholic, I went to this high school while all this was happening, and the guy who died was a year ahead of me...so I take religion with a real sarcastic grain of salt
http://www.phillymag.com/articles/sins-of-the-father/

Then, many years later, a summer camp we almost put our kids in, had a counselor arrested for child 'stuff'...it was part of a church, and Im really glad I didnt dismiss my finding the people there creepy (they had that 1000 yard stare...) as preconceived issues from the high school abuses (I never was exposed to any of the evil priests thankfully, it was a big school)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
That's not what I'm seeing.

if you go off the labels then CNN is slightly less extreme than Breitbart, itself a confusing label, but if you look at the spacing on the continuum, CNN appears as far or further to the extreme than Breitbart. This might just be a visual grammar issue where the spacing of the categories isn't even and categories are the intended thing.

Top Bottom