• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump favors ending payment of Obamacare subsidies - will kill the markets

Saganator

Trump cares so much about the American people he uses their health care as a bargaining chip.

Art of the Deal and all that. Stupid fucker.

Sean C

Sadly he will just tell his base that Obamacare failed because it was a disaster and they will eat it up.
His base alone isn't enough to keep him in power.

Though even his base will expect him to fix the damage he's done, which he won't be able to do.

commedieu

Banned
We're forgetting America is full of dumb.

This will work for the gop. They're going to break it and blame Obamacare for the situation they are in.

slit

He lives in such a bubble that no matter how many bad decisions he makes he still can't see a disaster before it happens.

Kevinroc

Sadly he will just tell his base that Obamacare failed because it was a disaster and they will eat it up.

Even the GOP base will be pissed at Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...more-popular-not-less/?utm_term=.09c4bebec35d

(From 4/25):
What’s even more striking, though, is that many voters who backed Trump are rejecting the GOP solutions. According to the poll’s crosstabs, Trump voters are split on the Essential Health Benefits provision, with 45 percent saying all states should require them and 49 percent saying states should decide. Trump voters are also split on the ban on insurers hiking premiums on preexisting conditions: 51 percent of Trump voters support that ban, while 45 percent favor allowing states to decide (as Trumpcare would do). Republican respondents say this by a striking 55-39.

The new poll also shows that Trump’s bluster about sabotaging the ACA to force Democrats to the table is a non-starter with the public, including with his supporters. Americans overall say that during this debate, Trump and Republicans should make the law work as well as possible by 79 percent, while 13 percent want to make the current law fail as soon as possible. Even Trump voters say this, 58-28.

Voyr

Banned
980x.gif

Steel

Banned
The problem with this is the mere suggestion that this is a possibly will have insurance companies fleeing the Obamacare exchanges. Even if he doesn't go through with it.

Ogodei

Just when i thought the GOP might be getting away with something because Trump-Russia was pulling all the focus off the badness of GOP policy.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
1.) I don't want him to do this.
2.) He would be a fucking moron to do so. It will backfire on him. Democrats will not come to him for an Obamacare replacement if he fucks Obamacare.

Ogodei

1.) I don't want him to do this.
2.) He would be a fucking moron to do so. It will backfire on him. Democrats will not come to him for an Obamacare replacement if he fucks Obamacare.

The Democrats could come to him with an Obamacare fix, then we end up just like we did with the budget where the minority party somehow gets more of what they want than the majority does.

fixedpoint

The problem with this is the mere suggestion that this is a possibly will have insurance companies fleeing the Obamacare exchanges. Even if he doesn't go through with it.

They already are based solely upon uncertainty.

It takes a special kind of soulless privilege to glibly enable and encourage the suffering and death of tens of thousands of your sisters and brothers. For sport. Makes me want to puke.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
The guy has to know that he's getting to the point where less and less people will believe the "It's Obama's fault" excuse, right? Right?

This is going to backfire terribly on him, specially since it's been telegraphed for months.

Zolo

The guy has to know that he's getting to the point where less and less people will believe the "It's Obama's fault" excuse, right? Right?

This is going to backfire terribly on him, specially since it's been telegraphed for months.

I don't think he's smart enough to know the first part. MAYBE if he has someone he likes screaming it in his ear every day.

Eusis

I suppose it'd be the sort of thing that could push an impeachment sooner than later as you might get Republicans banding together to save their own asses when people want him removed, but he's probably on that road already and I'd rather not have health insurance compromised in the name of getting him out ASAP. Not unless it avoids nuclear Armageddon or something similarly extreme.

I want to believe this will backfire in the worst way for him but cutting funding for programs, then proclaiming they're a disaster that could never work and abolishing them is basically all the GOP does.

Top Bottom