• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump follows through on trans military ban; Signs

Socreges

Banned
58177a15150000d804530d10.jpeg
He probably thought the T stood for Trump.

RPGCrazied

Who wants to fight for Trump anyway? Let his supporters fight on the front lines. He isn't worth it.

Members of the military should band together and walk out on Trump.

Surfinn

Mattis will likely leave them be. He won't be able to do anything about getting them surgeries and what have you but he'll leave them alone. A troop serving the country is a troop serving the county. Too bad the CIC doesn't see it that way, he's too busy hating them.

If he won't do anything, why was the decision left open for him?

I could maybe understand thinking that someone needing HRT might be a liability in an active warzone, but there's absolutely no reason to blanket ban transgendered people from the military entirely. This is silly, and will almost certainly be thrown out on an inevitable SCOTUS appeal.

Really thankful for all those Trump voters who claimed that Hillary was secretly anti-LGBT and that Trump would be okay on the issue.

Fuckers.

"More troops are needed for success in Afghanistan. Except if you have a pee pee where your hoo hoo should be. I can't grab pee pees."

rjinaz

If he won't do anything, why was the decision left open for him?

My guess is Mattis wanted it that way and Trump can make it seem like the decision to keep them wasn't Trump's. I believe Mattis has already come out some time earlier and stated he wouldn't make a move against people still serving. It's been a while mind you so I could be wrong.

Zolo

My guess is Mattis wanted it that way and Trump can make it seem like the decision to keep them wasn't Trump's. I believe Mattis has already come out some time earlier and stated he wouldn't make a move against people still serving. It's been a while mind you so I could be wrong.

Yeah. This is one of those decisions only the Trump admin. and a minority of Republican politicians actually want.

RPGCrazied

Jackie Alemany‏Verified account
@JaxAlemany

Jackie Alemany Retweeted Jackie Alemany
WH official says Trump "spoke passionately abt freedoms of LGBT community" but policy based on "series of national security considerations"

Just.... what? National security issues? That is just bizarre to even say.

rjinaz

Cost excuse is bullshit, just one less selfish golfing trip would pay for it.

If you want to serve for this country I don't give a damn if you want some surgery or not. 6 million so soldiers can feel better about themselves when a golf trip or two by Trump costs that much. I don't even care if the reason they joined was just to get the surgery as long as they do their term.

Get the frak out of here. Let them have their damn surgery. They are doing something I could never do and they are doing it for this country. Fuck Trump to the highest degree.

Of course it's not just about the surgery. The costs are just an easy scapegoat for the Freedom Caucus to attack on.

Surfinn

Makes sense. Thanks for the info. I do vaguely remember Mattis saying something like that

SeanC

The cost for the re-assignment surgery, assuming every single Transgender soldier wanted it all at the same time, is still barely a drop in the budget. That excuse is an outright lie - they just feel weird about the idea of a trans person and, like any set of bigots, are just trying to make an excuse. Plus the military doesn't even want this, this is all Trump and politics and playing to a base.

History will look back and we will feel shame just like all the other times people gave "reasons" to discriminate.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
I don't get it. If people are willing to fight and die for this country, why would you take that away?

This, so very much. Transgender people are incredibly brave to begin with; to choose to serve is above and beyond. Trump dishonors all who choose to serve with this action.

Demoskinos

this is the most petty fucking insane thing the man has done yet. These people are out there dying and putting their lives on the line.

rjinaz

What a cunt. And all to possibly get money for his stupid wall?

Lol well he's not going to get his Trumpcare so I guess he's desperate. He needs to fulfill at least one campaign promise or how can he say he made America great again?! The Freedom Caucus basically said do this and then they'd help, as I understand it. Fuck em all, but mostly, the Trump supporters. YOU DID THIS.

Ekai

I mean hey, the Evangelicals will appreciate this despite their homes being wrecked by a hurricane. So long as a minority got fucked over, they don't care.

Ekai

Fucker is wearing down the phrase "fuck you" in record time. Nothing is intense enough to describe how much of a shit he his.

Never forget: This is how almost all Republicans operate. This is what most all of them belief. It's not just Drumpf that's the problem here.

How anybody believed this turd would actually believed this orange cunt would be good for LGBT people is beyond me. If you honestly thought he would be you seriously need your head testing.

Hey, they said during the RNC that they would protect LGBT citizens from Radical Islamic TerrorismTM. Never said they wouldn't protect LGBT citizens from Republicans tho.

Top Bottom