• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump follows through on trans military ban; Signs

Dyle

Between this, Hurricane Harvey, and pardoning Arpaio, Trump is having another one of his Friday night crises. I don't see how he doesn't hit a new approval rating low when the numbers come in next week

The cost for the re-assignment surgery, assuming every single Transgender soldier wanted it all at the same time, is still barely a drop in the budget. That excuse is an outright lie - they just feel weird about the idea of a trans person and, like any set of bigots, are just trying to make an excuse. Plus the military doesn't even want this, this is all Trump and politics and playing to a base.

History will look back and we will feel shame just like all the other times people gave "reasons" to discriminate.
Just like people feel bad about the discrimination against poc for America's entire existence or the last 50-60 years including the present? Nah, assholes won't care in the future just like they don't care now.

Ekai

really happy to see this happen. what a way to start the weekend. trump delivers yet again. and the pardon on political prisoner Arpaio.

not a fan of the neocons he's surrounded by currently and the push for afghan war.
Also i hated to see that bannon is out now..

but he's doing his best i suppose

hopefully the wall will make some more progress

....AreYouSerious.Jpeg

Kaban

really happy to see this happen. what a way to start the weekend. trump delivers yet again. and the pardon on political prisoner Arpaio.

not a fan of the neocons he's surrounded by currently and the push for afghan war.

Why would you be happy about this at all? What could you personally gain from a military transgender ban?

lush

Total Posts: 176
Posts Per Day: 0.05

Typical.

Information moves way too fast for this to slip between the cracks. If the news isn't talkin bout this now, they will be later on tonight and throughout the weekend

Shit isn't going away

Not

Banned

Hey welcome to GAF! You're gonna fit in great around here. Let me show you around.

Ekai

Why would you be happy about this at all? What could you personally gain from a military transgender ban?

They seem to have a post history of claiming this is all good stuff that Trump has done. Was thinking that perhaps it was sarcastic but, no, it seems to be legit.

Want to know why this is a good thing as well when it reduces military force numbers, wasn't a huge expense whatsoever and never once threatened "unit cohesion" as these fuckwads claimed.

linkboy

As a veteran who served eleven years (which is eleven more then Donald), piss off.

Not

Banned
Wow, beastmaster survived since 2007 keeping his mouth shut.

I guess he just hated transgender people so much that he finally couldn't resist.

pigeon

Banned

So how's being a white supremacist working out for you?

176 posts in ten years.

I will never get over how dedicated some of you are to having no life other than to "troll" on a video game enthusiasts forum.

I call him a clown. I call him a homophobe. I call him a bigot. I especially call him a monster!

I won't ever call him "President."

Would wish the military would call for a revolt for this.

I feel sorry for transgenders everywhere and embarrassed as an American.

Culex

Banned
As someone who served in the Infantry, with many races, and gays (OMG the HORROR!), this is sickening. If you are going to fucking volunteer and put your life on the line, i'll stay in a foxhole or jump out of Chinooks with you.

Occam

Ah, I thought we were meant to complete the headline:
"Trump follows through on trans military ban; Signs...
...point towards him being a fascist, racist, misogynist bigot with brain damage and mental illness."

Given that Mattis was against DADT I'm positive he won't drum anybody out of the service for this. If he does I'll never respect the man again, it's criminal.

It's appalling that they will have to serve, then get private insurance aside from their government coverage if they want to begin hormones and transitioning.

pirata

Glad to see you coming right out as evil.

JFC, diablos Is that you?

A piece of shit draft dodger just banned some of the bravest human beings on the planet who chose to both fight for this country as well as be subjected to just trying to survive on a daily basis. How someone could be given the power to do this is beyond me.

Fuck 45. Fuck Caitlyn Jenner. And fuck his idiotic supporters who continue to tear down this country piece by piece every single day.

The Cowboy

I can't believe it's 2017 and this a first (or at least it's meant to be) world country, it's mind blowing this has been done.

The argument is that going through surgery means you can't deploy, and those who can't deploy shouldn't be in the military. This is true, but trans soldiers are such small numbers that it is a waste of time, it is like trying to loose weight by cutting out the sprinkles on your cupcake instead of eliminating dessert.

The far bigger issue I saw when I was in the Army are all the overweight who can't pass their pt test, the malingerers who are always sick or hurt, cowards who purposely try to dodge deployments and those who stop using protection and just happen to get pregnant a few months before every deployment. Trans soldiers are such a non issue, and only when their transitioning as I understand it. Once transitioned they don't need any sort of too special medical care according to the NPR article on this, they can deploy just fine.

QFFT

This is the exact argument I used when addressing this issue with old coworkers in the Air Force. Deployment dodgers come in a bunch of forms. Singling out the small amount of Trans and even smaller amount getting surgery is just an excuse.

Ugh that beastmaster guy... Just read some of his old posts. Seems like everything before the election was fine, but then he just goes full shill. I seriously can't tell if he thinks he's some propaganda machine trying to get more people who don't know any better on his side or if he really is that ignorant and disconnected from reality. It's baffling.

Looking forward to seeing the ACLU fight this. We can at least hope the next president can lift the ban right?

Spearheaded by Pence behind the scenes to make evangelicals happy, so that evangelicals can keep telling themselves a republican government does god's work.

God's work mainly consists of persecuting others and driving them into the sea. You know, what Jesus was famous for.

I kind of feel like if this means more evangelicals will end up dying overseas...there is some slight upside. But this is straight up bigotry.

This makes me physically ill. I just...only have feelings, no words. I might need to stop paying attention to the news for a while because it's going to push me over the edge.

Ponn

Banned
I can't believe it's 2017 and this a first (or at least it's meant to be) world country, it's mind blowing this has been done.

#MAGA! KKK marching with torches, Nazis rallying, building walls, banning transgender from armed services, we are going way back here. Are we missing anything?

I wanted to join the Air Force like my grandparents, dad and uncle. But DADT was still a thing and I didn't want to serve a country that saw me as a second class citizen. i really regret not being able to join too.

jviggy43

God everything has to be baout identity politics her eon gaf! Whatever happened to just enjoying the off topic?

Just kidding, fuck this administration and anyone who supports this. These people sign up to serve their country and in turn that country continues its trend to openly discriminate against them.

Sianos

DAILY reminder that republicans will continue trying to do their best to find whatever possible avenues they can to spite lgbt individuals, purely out of their hatred

Top Bottom