• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump follows through on trans military ban; Signs

Ekai

Really thankful for all those Sanders -> Drumpf voters who claimed that Hillary was secretly anti-LGBT and that Drumpf would be okay on the issue.

Fuckers.

1) Please stop reigniting up the primary
2) Please stop acting like Bernie -> Trump voters were any degree of statistical significance.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
What is the fucking point of this?

Spearheaded by Pence behind the scenes to make evangelicals happy, so that evangelicals can keep telling themselves a republican government does god's work.

God's work mainly consists of persecuting others and driving them into the sea. You know, what Jesus was famous for.

Caitlyn Jenner tho

caitlyn-jenner-great-again-hat-a5f12be8-011a-49fe-9852-c036ac2fc541.jpg

People shouldn't have been surprised. Jenner has always been piece of shit.

Squire

Banned
They should all leave honestly. I understand why they likely won't, but really what's it going to feel like to know no one else who is like you will be allowed to enlist and serve alongside with you? This puts a massive sign on their back, more so than there likely already was(I'm not knowledgeable about how trans service members have been treated overall.)

So he can warp reality and yell at rallies about he saved their lives and they agreed with/appreciated it? Absolutely not. Don't give him thatvtalking point.

Ekai

To pretend like they're cutting the budget to people that rationalize their Republican support for economic reasons (ignoring the fact that transcare by and large is a drop in the bucket and so much cheaper than care for other military service members) and to appeal to people who support Republicans on the grounds that they fuck over people who are different (aka Evangelical base). It works for both sides of their base and is a win in their book in terms of maintaining support from those people. They need to maintain all the support they possibly can.

iammeiam

It's a 'win' for his bigoted followers by targeting a group I think he still believes is marginalized enough to let him get away with it. He gets to look like the strong leader fighting back against the forces of political correctness, and makes hatred policy. He's been completely ineffective at actually getting anything meaningful done, so this is a nothing of a win he can trumpet when pressed about his failures in healthcare and taxes and the stupid fucking wall.

I just hope his people underestimated the backlash from this and it rapidly becomes clear how fucking unacceptable it is.

rjinaz

And Every ass that sat home and/or protest voted..that's better, yes.

But something something Clinton didn't earn my vote. I'm not responsible for horrible things happening when I did nothing to stop it knowing what Trump was. I hold my head up high having voted for Johnson because, I stood by my principles and now the world is a better place, in my mind. Sorry trans folks, them da breaks.

Ekai

But something something Clinton didn't earn my vote. I'm not responsible for horrible things happening when I did nothing to stop it knowing what Drumpf was. I hold my head up high having voted for Johnson because, I stood by my principles and now the world is a better place, in my mind. Sorry trans folks, them da breaks.

I do wonder where those posters went who claimed they support trans people yet still voted for Trump. Where is our holiday cheer?

If any trans, gay or lesbian person wants to die for this country then why the fuck don't you let them? I sure as hell won't die for what this country is becoming.

RPGCrazied

Anyone notice Trump doing this today during the hurricane in Texas? Probably so the media won't cover it, so far I haven't seen them do it.

shaowebb

Fuck this orange asshole. Those trans people served this country more than he ever did and the ones wanting in are far more willing to serve their country to defend everyone than this guy ever was. Remember him talking about how the Vietnamese were after him when he so "heroically" got deferred thus beating them and their plot to get him. Piece of shit war dodging bastard. All he's ran on is "im gonna just remove everything that the big bad black man did that made all us old white people feel small" and during that he made a cabinet entirely out of folks he wants as business partners with favors owed to him because lets face it he was blacklisted by all the fucking banks in this country for loans and was screwing up left and right. When he couldn't get paid for being Hollywood and it didn't drum up enough new friends he decided if he couldn't offer business gains from his own companies to prospective partners he'd just offer up seats in our government to people as a juicy business tactic to gain friends to shim up his ass. Education goin to someone whose tied to loan collection, Agencies crippled and headed up by folks who stand to gain by removing roadblocks in their respected seats areas of business, and numerous ties to Russian money laundered through friends, supporters and his hotels to shim him up and influence our country into being more amicable towards their interests.

Fuck him. Fuck the folks who worship him. And fuck typing this shit up and deleting it everytime I feel like popping off on this idiotic, self inflated, stares at the sun, obstruction committing, sexual assaulting, bigot.

Kite

The argument is that going through surgery means you can't deploy, and those who can't deploy shouldn't be in the military. This is true, but trans soldiers are such small numbers that it is a waste of time, it is like trying to loose weight by cutting out the sprinkles on your cupcake instead of eliminating dessert.

The far bigger issue I saw when I was in the Army are all the overweight who can't pass their pt test, the malingerers who are always sick or hurt, cowards who purposely try to dodge deployments and those who stop using protection and just happen to get pregnant a few months before every deployment. Trans soldiers are such a non issue, and only when their transitioning as I understand it. Once transitioned they don't need any sort of too special medical care according to the NPR article on this, they can deploy just fine.

watershed

Banned
Hopefully the lawsuit stops this. If possible, congress could even pass a law as every democrat and virtually every not-crazy republican opposes this ban.

Kthulhu

Spearheaded by Pence behind the scenes to make evangelicals happy, so that evangelicals can keep telling themselves a republican government does god's work.

God's work mainly consists of persecuting others and driving them into the sea. You know, what Jesus was famous for.

This times a million.

This is only to throw a bone to the evangelicals. Nothing more and nothing less.

Fuck this piece of shit and anyone who agrees with him. I need to find some protest this weekend, maybe I'll just stand over a freeway overpass with a "Fuck Trump" poster.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
It really puts this fucking ass president in perspective. The same day a natural disaster hits Texas and NK continues to try to get a missle strong enough to black mail the US. This horse ass of a president passes a discriminatory law that likely won't last a month after a dem get back into the White House.

Oddish1

Trump's team seems to think that this is a way of appeasing their base. They also seem to think that this might be a difficult issue for Democrats in the rust belt since they assume rust belt workers are anti LGBT. Considering Dems had no issue denouncing this immediately and Trump's approvals continue to fall, it's probably safe to say that Trump's team is full of idiots.

This is disgraceful. I don't care if you identify as a platapus, if you want to serve and potentially take a bullet for my privileged ass, you should be able to. Sorry trans-GAF.

really happy to see this happen. what a way to start the weekend. trump delivers yet again. and the pardon on political prisoner Arpaio.

not a fan of the neocons he's surrounded by currently and the push for afghan war.
Also i hated to see that bannon is out now..

but he's doing his best i suppose

hopefully the wall will make some more progress

Top Bottom