• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Picks Climate Skeptic Jeff Sessions to Enforce Environmental Laws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regiruler

a916

Really? 4 years of more denial? I hope there's enough people in the US that will make noise about this, that's the only way they'll listen.

Jesus...

Guys, is it crazy for me to think another JF Kennedy incident will happen?

Fairly certain it would galvanise his side and they'd see him as a martyr.

Maximus.

The people who voted for Trump don't care. They care about the jobs that are disappearing and think this billionaire with no experience can fix it. They don't give a fuck about the long term health of the Earth. This hubris is just going to lead to worse things but people can't look that far. That's how these wealthy people keep getting into positions to further help themselves. They will be dead before anything bad truly happens :/ such a shame.

Linkark07

Banned
I applaud the stupidity of the US by picking idiots who will most likely fuck even more our beautiful planet. Good job, I hope you feel proud of yourselves.

jerry113

Banned
We had the opportunity to be the leader that everyone looks up to on this particular issue but instead we just gave that position away for free.

What can be done to help work against climate change, even when people who outright deny it are in power?

Donate to environmental organizations, call your reps, sign petitions, reduce your own footprint and those of people around you if possible.

At least, that's all I've got. :/ Seems like a losing battle but it's all I can think of.

Jobbs

Banned
sigh

I applaud the stupidity of the US by picking idiots who will most likely fuck even more our beautiful planet. Good job, I hope you feel proud of yourselves.

most of us voted for hillary. she's more popular and more people wanted her. but you know.. democracy

Fucking hell some American people, what have you done?

Over the coming years if people care about these things, we are going to have to get more active and mobilise consistently. Signing online petitions and railing on message boards is going to do very little.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Hopefully every other first world nation sanctions us into the ground if we start fucking up the environment under Trump.

Ok, rest of the world need to step in. sanction the shit out of the USA until they follow the climate agreements set in paris.

Or call thatUbisoft guy to take care of business.

Euron

This is easily the worst pick. It will have disastrous consequences not only for the United States but for the entire world and its future.

Everyone who looks surprised just remember that this is the plan all along when it comes to the GOP. Appoint idiots to run the agencies to the ground and prove to America that government doesn't work. Nothing shocks me about any of what is going on. All accordin to keikaku.

Monocle

You just have to admire how absolutely every single one of his picks has been unequivocally dreadful.

It's some borderline absurdist comedy.
Fucking hysterical. Every time I glance at the news I feel nauseated. And to think these absolute morons were doing more than enough damage with a Democrat in office.

Everyone who voted Republican: nice work. Our country is now run by dangerously uninformed fools.

Guys, is it crazy for me to think another JF Kennedy incident will happen?
Hopefully not. The last thing we need is a competent Republican president with a galvanized party. An idiot puppet is probably better for us than a vile bastard like Mike Pence.

the1npc

Donate to environmental organizations, call your reps, sign petitions, reduce your own footprint and those of people around you if possible.

At least, that's all I've got. :/ Seems like a losing battle but it's all I can think of.

Also stop eating meat and dairy or at the very least beef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom