• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump vs. Clinton debate most watched in Nielsen history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizeezyc

Voting for Hillary. I know she has repeatedly lied about many things. Her email scandal is shady, and embarrassing at best. The Clinton Foundation fuckery shows even more shadiness. She voted for the Iraq War. She has trouble coming off as relatable, because she's been rich and a politician for so long, and acts like it — apparently she is very impressive and sincere behind closed doors, but she often comes off as stiff and overly-rehearsed in public. There's more that I know I'm forgetting off the top of my head, but it doesn't matter; the point is that there's plenty of things to dislike about her as a presidential candidate, but even so, the choice isn't even fucking close. Trump is a walking, talking disaster of a candidate. Last night's debate pointed out that he's all show and no go — when pressed for actual policy details he flounders because he has no idea what he's talking about when he isn't spouting off his trademark "bombastic but light on detail" comments. Hillary is a textbook politician, but despite what Fox News would have you believe, at least she is competent.

Most of HillGAF likely agrees with me on the points above. She has been roundly criticized on this forum for her faults. Sadly many online Trump supporters can't seem to tell the difference between criticism and outright lies, conspiracy fucknuttery, and stupid bigoted comments that belong in 4chan.

There's like nothing shady about the Clinton Foundation at all. I understand the general sentiment here but there's zero paper trail for anything on that specific front.

But fair play overall here.

Voting for Hillary. I know she has repeatedly lied about many things. Her email scandal is shady, and embarrassing at best. The Clinton Foundation fuckery shows even more shadiness. She voted for the Iraq War. She has trouble coming off as relatable, because she's been rich and a politician for so long, and acts like it — apparently she is very impressive and sincere behind closed doors, but she often comes off as stiff and overly-rehearsed in public. There's more that I know I'm forgetting off the top of my head, but it doesn't matter; the point is that there's plenty of things to dislike about her as a presidential candidate, but even so, the choice isn't even fucking close. Trump is a walking, talking disaster of a candidate. Last night's debate pointed out that he's all show and no go — when pressed for actual policy details he flounders because he has no idea what he's talking about when he isn't spouting off his trademark "bombastic but light on detail" comments. Hillary is a textbook politician, but despite what Fox News would have you believe, at least she is competent.

Most of HillGAF likely agrees with me on the points above. She has been roundly criticized on this forum for her faults. Sadly many online Trump supporters can't seem to tell the difference between criticism and outright lies, conspiracy fucknuttery, and stupid bigoted comments that belong in 4chan.
This is roughly how I feel. I was initially a Bernie Sanders supporter, but after he convinced Hillary to move toward the left on some of his positions I was ready to support her. Donald Trump made it a no-brainer, though.

HeelPower

Clinton is probably the most qualified presidential candidate in modern history.

She maynot be an energizing fresh face to the american scene ,but she's probably one of the most well equipped and technically fit for president candidates to have ever run. Her raw experience alone and knowledge of the system probably can't be topped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom