• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trumpcare (Obamacare repeal) may be law within days. This could be the final stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kthulhu

That's not how that works. Obamacare didn't take effect in 2010, but Republicans sure got upset about it regardless and voted the D's out in droves. When the bill itself takes effect is wholly irrelevant, especially since the AARP will no doubt be going for these guys heads if it passes.

Yes people will get angry, but hundreds of thousands won't riot until they start getting affected.

jmdajr

Here's a thought for those who might be wondering if Trump Care will pass at some point. There is voting involved. This man got elected with votes. What do you think might happen at some point.

images

Cool. Thanks for the update!

I thought about this a bit and I think I'm OK with this passing.

1. This will encourage Liberal states to say "Fuck it!" and pass universal healthcare
2. The damage from this won't be immediate and it's easily reversible by democrat majority
3. If this doesn't encourage people to get out and vote in 2018, nothing will!!!
4. It could have been a lot worse...

Yes people will get angry, but hundreds of thousands won't riot until they start getting affected.
Ah yeah, sorry. Wasn't really following the conversation train. Yeah, I don't expect that to happen, but thankfully it doesn't need to come to that. At least I sure hope it doesn't...

dkeane

1. This will encourage Liberal states to say "Fuck it!" and pass universal healthcare
2. The damage from this won't be immediate and it's easily reversible by democrat majority
3. If this doesn't encourage people to get out and vote in 2018, nothing will!!!
What the fuck is this bullshit. We're so fucked.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Cool. Thanks for the update!

Sorry.. I just hate to think how much he is doing which is harmful to everyone. It's crazy. I mean, even those that voted for him are going to suffer and worse, some state they would continue to vote for him since they align with his party.

How can the rest of his party get on board with something which will take away their right to health care, which IMO should be a basic right, in the name of $?

Duxxy3

Well the good is that we won't need medicare and medicaid for much longer. We won't have anybody surviving long enough to get those benefits.

VariantX

People will be fucking dead. Not reversible if even a single person dies because of this bill. Doubly tragic if they didn't vote for these jackasses in office.

I have friends who will fucking die because of this.

I can tell you that if this hurt one of my loved ones, I don't know what I'd do. I think a LOT of people are going to be feeling a similar way, watching their loved ones die in front of them.

Zips

It won't encourage people to vote, in the numbers the GOP would be scared of, by design. It has been structured to slowly eliminate and cripple people's healthcare, so they'll get mad, but slowly and in small enough numbers that it doesn't tip the scale to any drastic degree. People will adjust, and not notice things disappearing over time, so they won't be so incensed as to march and protest and vote. Democrats may gain power again, but the GOP will still be strong enough to block things and resume obstructing, and have even timed it so they will likely be in a position to blame it all on the Democrats when it goes from bad to worse. If Democrats give any ground to Republicans in a pretend compromise, it'll basically be ceding and moving the window of U.S. politics even further to the right.

This is the GOP's hope/plan with this bill.

People dying isn't reversible unless you have something you want to share with the rest of us.

Kthulhu

Does this take away coverage until 26? What about preexisting conditions?

From what I understand preexisting conditions aren't technically out, but they might as well be. The plans insurance companies are required to offer are so crap that they don't cover things like pregnancy.

Stop.

From what I understand preexisting conditions aren't technically out, but they might as well be. The plans insurance companies are required to offer are so crap that they don't cover things like pregnancy.

Ah, any word on coverage till 26? Im still relying on that and dont want to be screwed if I cant find a job in the next year

Can someone put this into OP MODS?

Taken from the WA Indivisible page:

Elizabeth Warren's staff are saying that what would help THE MOST is calling the 5 Republican senators who have broken away from the GOP in an attempt to slow down the attempted repeal of the Affordable Care Act. Tell them how much you appreciate their efforts:
Senator Bob Corker - (202) 224-3344 TN
Senator Lisa Murkowski - (202) 224-6665 AK
Senator Rob Portman - (202) 224-3353 OH
Senator Susan Collins - (202) 224-2523 ME
Senator Bill Cassidy - (202) 224-5824 LA
IMPORTANT: Please copy and paste

Ominym

Banned

Has an avatar of an American man who had to sell meth to pay for access to the ridiculous healthcare system in his country before this bill.

"Well, it could have been worse..."

jmdajr

Sorry.. I just hate to think how much he is doing which is harmful to everyone. It's crazy. I mean, even those that voted for him are going to suffer and worse, some state they would continue to vote for him since they align with his party.

How can the rest of his party get on board with something which will take away their right to health care, which IMO should be a basic right, in the name of $?

I'm pissed. I have to do cancer screening every so often and this is all bad news.
Not just for me, like 90% of the whole freaking county.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom