• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turn - A historical thriller about America’s first spy ring - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, they must have not given Simcoe ANYTHING to drink while he was being held prisoner because this dude is thirsty as FUCK.

I mean, damn dude.

While I haven't seen this one I tend to ignore anything the US produces about the Revolution as it's usually almost comic book levels of bad stereotyping (brits are all slimy, evil, cowardly, colonials are all brave etc...), they downplay the French involvement massively as well.

It'd be really cool to see a BBC produced show about the Revolution.

Bandit1

Pretty good episode tonight. All of the party scenes were great, especially Abe's answer to the question "Who would you kill?"

Man last week when Abe and Simcoe had the duel and Abe said, "Reload." I was like aww yiss. But I knew they wouldn't kill off Simcoe before the finale. I was still hoping when Abe's dad said, "This is about more than you." That Abe would go, "You're right." BOOM. Headshot. Woulda been 10/10. Oh well.

NolbertoS

Is it true that TURN is in danger of being cancelled?? Heard rumours that it might be. A shame really. I'm enjoying the show alot. Last nights was good and can't wait for the season finale soon.

ST2K

I just felt sorry for Abe's wife last night. That's my only remark on the entire plot of that episode.

Also, Abe, Anna, Dad Judge, and Simcoe are all pretty hateable characters. And not in the good hateable way, they're just assholes that are stealing screen time from more interesting people. If the show comes back, they'll need to do some significant retooling.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Also, Abe, Anna, Dad Judge, and Simcoe are all pretty hateable characters. And not in the good hateable way, they're just assholes that are stealing screen time from more interesting people. If the show comes back, they'll need to do some significant retooling.

Who are the more interesting people? I don't think the show has a done a good job at establishing a compelling cast of characters - the only one I really want to see more of is the ex-slave woman who works for the hung dude.

ST2K

Who are the more interesting people? I don't think the show has a done a good job at establishing a compelling cast of characters - the only one I really want to see more of is the ex-slave woman who works for the hung dude.

Ben, Caleb, Robert, the two ex-slaves. The two Majors could be interesting too, though I don't think they've been given enough material yet.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Caleb and Sir Robert The Bruce

Ben, Caleb, Robert, the two ex-slaves. The two Majors could be interesting too, though I don't think they've been given enough material yet.

Abigail is good, Caleb is okay, and the two generals (the hung one and the old one) have potential, but I don't see anything special about Ben, Robert or Jordan.

I mean, I wouldn't say that any of the characters are bad - they're just not very interesting.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Ratings:

Episode 1 - 2.12 million 0.5 A18-49
Episode 2 - 1.87 million 0.6 A18-49
Episode 3 - 1.40 million 0.4 A18-49
Episode 4 - 1.29 million 0.3 A18-49
Episode 5 - 1.23 million 0.3 A18-49
Episode 6 - ??
Episode 7 - 1.08 million ?? A18-49
Episode 8 - 1.39 million 0.3 A18-49

Heather Lind man. What a woman.

HeatherLind.jpg

Yeup.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Penultimate episode tonight:

Against Thy Neighbor

Simcoe ignites a political witch hunt to weed out rebel conspirators in Setauket. Meanwhile, Washington assigns Ben to a secret mission.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Ratings:

Episode 6 - ??
Episode 9 - 1.16 million 0.3 A18-49

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Finale is tonight

The Battle of Setauket

In the first-season finale, Mary grapples with the realization that Abe is a rebel spy. Meanwhile, Ben and Caleb lead a raid on Setauket to save the Patriot families.

Terrell

Well, it's a unique show with a nice cast, I think it will come back in a new time slot. If it bombs there, THEN it will be cancelled.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
What are the odds it gets renewed?

Very low. Ratings are bad, critics are disinterested, and it has absolutely no buzz whatsoever. It doesn't help that the show just isn't very good.

Halt and Catch Fire has a much better chance at renewal despite lower ratings because there actually is some acclaim and buzz surrounding that show and there's a good chance the ratings will grow over the course of the season or after the season ends via Netflix, presuming the quality stays the same or improves, due to word of mouth. Turn isn't going to grow into a more popular show and AMC isn't going to settle for sub 1.5 million viewers per episode level ratings unless they think it will.

AMC has a lot of things in the pipeline so I don't think they'll have any problem with cancelling Turn.

RangersFan

I'll finish out the season but wouldn't care if it got canceled. Simocoe and Andre, Jordan and Rogers are the only interesting characters.

Linius

Same here, wouldn't mind if it's going to be canceled. If not I'll probably watch season two since it is kind of interesting.

ST2K

Good finale tonight. It used all the characters pretty well.

If this gets cancelled, I'll be disappointed. But that slow start is ultimately their fault, and that's what probably will doom them.

Linius

Watching it now. That CGI explosion was pretty bad. The rest is good so far.

Oh shit, Simcoe is a mad man :lol

Okay, a bit odd that his wife is in all of a sudden after he kills the red coat. But okay, there's that. Nice song from Matt at the end.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Ratings:

Episode 6 - ??
Episode 10 - 1.60 million 0.4 A18-49

Ratings:

Episode 6 - ??
Episode 10 - 1.60 million 0.4 A18-49

That's quite a bump, i wonder if it's too little too late.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Deleted the last few episodes along with the series recording. I hate pretty every character on this show. Bell's character is an especially big POS though.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
It's curious that they haven't announced it one way or the other. Maybe they're actually considering renewing it, and tweaking some of the major issues everyone seemed to have with the show.

It's par for the course with AMC. They always take a few months to decide whether to renew or cancel a show.

Why is it the ones I think I'm finally going to be free from get renewed and the ones I'd do just about anything for more of get cancelled. WHY.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
AMC has officially changed the title of the show to Turn: Washington's Spies. So.

Also, encores begin tonight after Hell on Wheels.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom