• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV hosts blame Cara Delevigne for not responding well to their stupid questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check her background. We are not talking about a normal person here. She is a part of the establishment. She is an elite.

She can pretend to be pleasant occasionally, but in reality this is how she is. She hates people who are below her. The trouble is, everybody is below her.
O...K.

Liamc723

That wouldn't really be as irregular of an occurrence as you might think it would.

Well that's real disappointing.

Check her background. We are not talking about a normal person here. She is a part of the establishment. She is an elite.

She can pretend to be pleasant occasionally, but in reality this is how she is. She hates people who are below her. The trouble is, everybody is below her.

What the fuck is this bullshit?

K.Sabot

Hmm, not a good look for the actress. Gonna be hard to promote a person like that, feel bad for her PR (if she has them).

benjipwns

Banned
This is how all middle class British people act. Really obnoxious group of people.

Well what else could I do, I said "I'll see what I can do." I took her to a supermarket.

ivysaur12

Banned
Start an interview by getting the interviewee's name wrong and then proceed to condescend plus talk shit as well, what were they expecting? She kept her cool and had some attempts to lighten the situation while resetting her impulsive reactions.

Cara actually handled these asshat hosts quite well. Fuck 2 out of 3 of those hosts.

Yeah, that's where I am on this. Really shitty behavior on the part of the hosts with some dumb, patronizing questions. Could Cara have been a bit less sarcastic? Maybe. But maybe actually be good interviewers and not patronize a young woman by telling her she needs to take a nap?

Waltar

Banned
The hosts were all like:

giphy.gif

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Hahaha, you have some non-repressed feelings towards some people.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
She could have handled that a little bit better, but the hosts weren't exactly amazing either. These questions were pretty shitty.

So those defending the hosts are saying "How can mirrors be real, when our eyes aren't real?" deserves not only a legitimate response, but one that has a lot of enthusiasm behind it. If I was her, I wouldn't have dignified the majority of those questions with a response. She handled it way better than I would have and even made jokes in her answers because those questions were so absurd, but the hosts are too dumb to recognise her sarcasm as the politest way of saying "your questions are shit."

Dennis

Banned

Pleb detected.

krioto

What is actually wrong with her demeanor? Maybe British sarcastic quips flew over the imbecilic heads of those hosts?

benjipwns

Banned
They were only listening to the first part of her answers and then talking over the rest. And then they got offended within like two questions because she made fun of the loser guy who came from offstage to praise the unrealistic dialogue.

erawsd

So those defending the hosts are saying "How can mirrors be real, when our eyes aren't real?" deserves not only a legitimate response, but one that has a lot of enthusiasm behind it. If I was her, I wouldn't have dignified the majority of those questions with a response. She handled it way better than I would have and even made jokes in her answers because those questions were so absurd, but the hosts are to dumb to recognise her sarcasm as the politest way of saying "your questions are shit."

Yeah the questions were stupid but the questions for these things are always stupid. They're not allowed to ask anything interesting. I doubt the hosts give any shits about her or the movie, they just pretend to care for 4 minutes, there's no reason she cant do the same.

t-storm

So those defending the hosts are saying "How can mirrors be real, when our eyes aren't real?" deserves not only a legitimate response, but one that has a lot of enthusiasm behind it. If I was her, I wouldn't have dignified the majority of those questions with a response. She handled it way better than I would have and even made jokes in her answers because those questions were so absurd, but the hosts are too dumb to recognise her sarcasm as the politest way of saying "your questions are shit."
That would be a great career progressing move.

Five

Banned
Nobody is going to give a shit if you don't pander to stupid questions on Good Day Sacramento. Hardly a career ending move.

Yep. And it's not like she'd get edited out of Pan or Suicide Squad. She could make some huge faux pas right now and still have plenty of time to recover.

t-storm

Nobody is going to give a shit if you don't pander to stupid questions on Good Day Sacramento. Hardly a career ending move.
Except these days, things go viral and she's already doing damage control on Twitter by justifying how she acted. Same thing with Ariana Grande and doughnut gate, where she had to miss appearances because of "wisdom teeth removal." Oops!

And I never said career ending.

jadedm17

She did seem like she was kind of annoyed but they went over board with their shit talking. Telling her to take a nap and drink a redbull to her face is incredibly patronizing.

Nothing can turn a calm person annoyed like being patronizing can.

Hagi

Except these days, things go viral and she's already doing damage control on Twitter by justifying how she acted. Same thing with Ariana Grande and doughnut gate, where she had to miss appearances because of "wisdom teeth removal." Oops!

And I never said career ending.

lol doughnut gate

Is a post on twitter considered damage control? I can't keep up with all this celeb gossip shit these days.

M3z_

I'm sitting here trying to watch this video to completion and it pains me, I think I've had to pause the video at least 7 times and I'm only 1/2 way in.

Okay finished.

I can totally sympathize with being tired of all the bullshitty fluff interviews with their stupid questions and false enthusiasm/personas, but she was on the sarcasm game from the jump so I can't really excuse it as justified. You know what you are getting into with this sort of thing, but I can totally sympathize with and understand it. Dealing with populist media has to be the second most insufferable part of being famous, first being lack of privacy.

Five

Banned
I'm sitting here trying to watch this video to completion and it pains me, I think I've had to pause the video at least 7 times and I'm only 1/2 way in.

Okay finished.

I can totally sympathize with being tired of all the bullshitty fluff interviews with their stupid questions and false enthusiasm/personas, but she was on the sarcasm game from the jump so I can't really excuse it as justified. You know what you are getting into with this sort of thing, but I can totally sympathize with and understand it. Dealing with populist media has to be the second most insufferable part of being famous, first being lack of privacy.

She's been on all of the big talk shows recently (Fallon, Conan, ...), and just had the movie's premier the night before this. She's probably wondering why she has to do a local news bit, and just exhausted besides.

Uh... what?

When you open the interview by mispronouncing the actresses name and then asking one of the most condescending questions you can possibly ask (did you read the material you just worked on), you should expect at least a little sarcastic joking coming back at you.

But instead of laughing it off, like they should have, they decided to take it to 11 and snipe back for no real reason.

That's pretty much textbook douchebaggery, right there.

Dicktatorship

The anchor might have a point when he said that if you're working for 6 million for a few weeks of work you could at least extend that acting to the marketing. She is there to be as informative, enthusiastic, and overall positive/likeable enough to convince people to go see the damn movie. Sarcasm and dry humor in interviews don't sell tickets, which is precisely what she was there to do.

But man were those anchors as ruthless as they could get away with being. That red bull jab had me like
iiMOzjU.gif

It was so patronizing in all the right ways. I could see these guys destroying my confidence in a matter of moments at Thanksgiving dinner.

Arkeband

Banned
When you open the interview by mispronouncing the actresses name and then asking one of the most condescending questions you can possibly ask (did you read the material you just worked on), you should expect at least a little sarcastic joking coming back at you.

But instead of laughing it off, like they should have, they decided to take it to 11 and snipe back for no real reason.

That's pretty much textbook douchebaggery, right there.

There's a point where when the person you're talking to is giving you bullshit contrarian answers that have never been funny that something inside you snaps. Like a waiter who tells you that you can't have water and then stares at you and then bursts out laughing and says yes you can have some water and then does the joke every subsequent time you ask for something.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Cara bringing out the old English brashness against two impossibly irritating assholes. Good job girl

Tagg9

I think they just didn't get her dry British humor. Having said that, she did seem (understandably) exhausted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom