• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV hosts blame Cara Delevigne for not responding well to their stupid questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

daviyoung

Banned
Okay that makes sense. I like sarcasm and being sarcastic myself, so I was pretty confused by the posts here, but for what it's worth, that's the general vibe here towards it in the US.

repeating the same sarcastic joke in less than a minute is irritating regardless of where you are

obin_gam

If I was on an interview selling my product, and the hosts told me I didnt look excited enough and that I needed to take a nap, I too would tell them to fuck off.

Starviper

Hosts are kinda assholes. Stupid questions get stupid answers, and she had probably been up all night if it was the premiere.

Corpekata

Banned
Man is there any worse job on TV than local morning /day news hosts?

I can see why someone would be irritated, I kind of want to punch my TV when I see ads for the morning shows in Phoenix.

Eh, I don't think she was as polite as people are saying in here, she didn't exactly respond well to the questions.
On the other hand, opening an interview with the person's wrong name isn't gonna leave anyone happy. And the way they ended the interview was really cuntish.

The hosts seem like dickheads, she seemed bored.

Fathom

Banned
It's not her job to conduct herself. It's her job to present herself. There's a huge difference.

Again, you're wrong. Repeating the same thing over and over again won't suddenly make you right. You don't seem to understand the way this part of the film industry works.

Did the hosts know that she has this dry sense of humor? I don't think so. The hosts probably have interviewed a lot of europeans before so i think they were taken aback of what they thought was being rude and shot back

Corpekata

Banned
Again, you're wrong. Repeating the same thing over and over again won't suddenly make you right. You don't seem to understand the way this part of the film industry works.

Are you in the film or TV industry? Because this is like the second topic I've seen where you keep appealing to your authority on how things work in the entertainment industry.

Five

Banned

Everybody was unprofessional. Ask your questions better and actually have something to talk about. And give a nicer answer when asked something for an interview like this.

Everybody was unprofessional. Ask your questions better and actually have something to talk about. And give a nicer answer when asked something for an interview like this.

She was fine.

Hosts weren't getting her dry sense of humor and assumed she wasn't enjoying the interview because of her "normal" energy levels and probably her accent.

Corpekata

Banned
I'm not giving out personal information to strangers on a message board. I've been in plenty of writers rooms, though.

Plenty of game devs and some writers, even some youtube personalities post here, it's hardly uncommon for moderately famous people to post here, especially when they want to talk about the realities of their work, since there are so many armchair experts around. I didn't ask for your address, I just want to know what level of authority you keep making these claims from. You apparently have more sense than Daily Show writers and an up and coming actress so you must be fairly well established.

obin_gam

The writer of the book chimes in: http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/30/john-green-defends-cara-delevingne

In Green’s response, he wrote about spending time with Delevingne on the press tour and addressed the “Have you read the book?” question. “…I watched as again and again, she was asked this question. Cara has read the book (multiple times), but the question is annoying  —  not least because her male costar, Nat Wolff, was almost always asked when he’d read the book, while Cara was almost always asked if she’d read it.”

He also spoke about the exhaustion of a press tour and how it’s normal for enthusiasm to wane. “The TV people want some part of you, and in exchange for it, they will put the name of your movie on TV. But in that process, you do lose something of your self.”

Green writes from experience and said that while being interviewed with Paper Towns star Nat Wolff they developed a rapport, and started giving the same answers to different outlets. Delevingne, though, did not.

“Cara, however, refuses to stick to the script,” Green wrote. “She refuses to indulge lazy questions and refuses to turn herself into an automaton to get through long days of junketry. I don’t find that behavior entitled or haughty. I find it admirable. Cara Delevingne doesn’t exist to feed your narrative or your news feed — and that’s precisely why she’s so fucking interesting.”

When you go on a press tour, you answer the same fluff questions with the same spunk and enthusiasm as always. That's just part of promoting your movie. Similarly, hosts are given approved questions that include generic questions like "Did you read the book n_n" and shit. It's all just pre-approved day-time TV fluff. The actress laughs and jokes, shares some personal anecdotes about her time on set and her cast, the hosts laugh and promote your movie with a smile.

She just is a young actress with no tact or knowledge of how these things work. Whatever.

I love her.

People defending the hosts, really? How can you go and say "take a nap and have a red bull", it's rude as fuck to your guest.

Just fuck off, go Cara!

SheSaidNo

Sarcasm isn't really polite, she used it to mock the hosts and the questions they asked (which, while slightly dumb, are standard news/entertainment questions). She opened herself up by criticizing them and then they roasted her magnificently haha

Fathom

Banned
Plenty of game devs and some writers, even some youtube personalities post here, it's hardly uncommon for moderately famous people to post here, especially when they want to talk about the realities of their work, since there are so many armchair experts around. I didn't ask for your address, I just want to know what level of authority you keep making these claims from. You apparently have more sense than Daily Show writers and an up and coming actress so you must be fairly well established.

Being established bears no relation to understanding of the industry. Wyatt Cenac being an idiot for shutting down ideas in the writers room with no alternative is a common sense no-no, you don't have to be an expert to know that. Same goes for this. Actors are paid to promote their film in the press circuit, not inject their own distaste for the process. Couldn't care less if you don't believe that. As far as who I am, I'm just another filmmaker trying to make a name, no reason for me to put my info on here.

Sarcasm isn't really polite, she used it to mock the hosts and the questions they asked (which, while slightly dumb, are standard news/entertainment questions). She opened herself up by criticizing them and then they roasted her magnificently haha

They said her first name wrong and assumed she hadn't read the book.

If this was Robert Downey Jr being low key and giving the same sarcastic remarks, we wouldn't think twice about his behavior.

The hosts need to watch more british shows. They took it way to personal

Being established bears no relation to understanding of the industry. Wyatt Cenac being an idiot for shutting down ideas in the writers room with no alternative is a common sense no-no, you don't have to be an expert to know that. Same goes for this. Actors are paid to promote their film in the press circuit, not inject their own distaste for the process. Couldn't care less if you don't believe that. As far as who I am, I'm just another filmmaker trying to make a name, no reason for me to put my info on here.
giphy.gif

akira28

Americans just don't get sarcasm coming for Europeans.

its true. the accents throw us off.

Wyatt was right and John was a jerk. But he's also the boss so apparently that's allowed.

Liamc723

Realistically she is part of the elites in the UK. Raised by the elites as part of the establishment. You can't expect somebody from that background to treat normal people with respect.

Please take this trash elsewhere. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Fathom

Banned
its true. the accents throw us off.

Wyatt was right and John was a jerk. But he's also the boss so apparently that's allowed.

John got understandably pissed off because someone who was supposed to be on his team essentially sided with FOX news over him without giving a suggestion on how to improve the skit. Cenac is also now using the whole blow up as a calculated move to get his name in the headlines, instead of making amends privately and moving on like an adult.

jelly

I get the feeling the hosts presumed she was a stupid model. I remember her on Graham Norton saying that people seem to turn their nose up at her when she gets acting gigs without even knowing her.

Another point on the hosts, that slick is so vapid, they don't think most of the time and parrot the same stuff without taking in the subject matter, it's broad stroke nothingness. They have already thought of their next empty line regardless of what a guest says and when thrown a curve ball you get even worse crap like that with the collective laughing moment like the sheep they are with an IQ to match.

The Elite treating those below them like shit is classism 101.

Yes, that's clearly the intent of this thread. To highlight the classism.

She's not spitting on the homeless here. She's being snarky to antagonistic daytime news anchors who are not that far removed from the "elite" themselves.

Actually kind of funny. She was being snarky, they bit back and then the red bull comment was gold. I believe it's called ether in some parts.

Birbo

Yeah, kind of a shit show on both sides. Gonna say it was 80% the hosts and 20% her. Questions were horrible, but she could have pulled back the snark some. Plus it doesn't help her case that she has resting bitch face.

Arkeband

Banned
People defending the hosts, really? How can you go and say "take a nap and have a red bull", it's hilarious.

Fixed that for you.

I showed the clip to my fiancée just to see what her reaction would be and she paused it halfway through, looked at me and asked "Why is she being such a bitch?!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom