• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitter Thinks That Laura Ingraham Made a Nazi Salute During the RNC

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseMath

Cn2oCBcXEAABNhV.jpg

Jesus that's even worse.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Are you telling me that you can't tell the difference between a Sieg Heil salute and someone holding their arm out?

Are you trying to just be devil's advocate or do you really not know?

I'm calling you both ridiculous, the people who label this lady as Nazi saluting, and the people who uploaded the video I made that gif from.

Ray Wonder

Riiight.

Gullible as fuck.

Sure, call her out and make her day. She'll love playing the victim of the "overly PC SJW culture", and will use this as her evidence. "You can't make one simple mistake without being forever labeled as a racist"

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
She's not going to say she tricked people. She's going to say "I understand how it looks, but its a simple arm movement that I did accidentally, and now I'm being wrongfully prosecuted for it. See how easy it is to become a victim of the liberal SJWs"
If she manages to acknowledge how it looked and apologize for the unintended perception in a sincere fashion, the whole thing will quickly blow over. But if she tries to linger on being the victim and lash out with a persecution complex, she'll just undermine any credibility she had to present this as a simple misunderstanding.

I don't think you get it. Calling her out is what she wants, if she did it on purpose.
I get it just fine, I just don't care what her game is.

Ray Wonder

If she manages to acknowledge how it looked and apologize for the unintended perception in a sincere fashion, the whole thing will quickly blow over. But if she tries to linger on being the victim and lash out with a persecution complex, she'll just undermine any credibility she had to present this as a simple misunderstanding.

I get it just fine, I just don't care what her game is.

You don't have to care for it to benefit her.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
you really can't just compare pictures. in the clip/gifs the way she did that gesture was seriously fucking weird and even with the flood of analogy pics i haven't seen an equivalent analogy video clip where the person wasn't straight-up doing the salute. with the amount of trolling and stupidity in the campaign, honestly pretty surprised people wouldn't at least consider that maybe it's a wink wink plausible deniability troll.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Clinton-salute.jpg

cyhZKaI.jpg

HillaryClinton-OrangePantsuit-HitlerSalute-Attrib-Twitter-BoschFawstin-102315.jpg

Hillary-Clinto-Nazi-salute-1.jpg

hillaryClinton.jpg

hillarysalute_zps363495e5.jpg

Laura Ingraham may be a neo nazi, I don´t know, what I do know is that Clinton isn´t better than her

Sorry to burst your bubble, Neogaf
It's insane how many similar posts to yours have been refuted to hell and back already. It's even a bit funny because absolutely no one in their right mind would confuse any of those pictures of Hillary with a nazi salute compared to the very clear video footage of the event last night.

Sure, call her out and make her day. She'll love playing the victim of the "overly PC SJW culture", and will use this as her evidence. "You can't make one simple mistake without being forever labeled as a racist"

This has been the premise of the entire Trump campaign.(and Right in general) Insinuation without outright saying it. This way people can say we're reading too much into it. The answer is not to say nothing. It's transparent and people like you fall for it. It's just like when people ask me "Show me where Trump said ALL Mexicans! He's not saying anything racist! Oh he only means Muslims from those countries, he's not saying ALL Muslims!"

We've gotten to the point where the racism and bigotry are so commonplace and expected that people are quick to dismiss even BLATANT things as crying wolf.

Looks like a panning wave caught at the worst angle possible.

Basically this. Looks like she was panning her hand around for the audience during that "salute". But since the camera was straight on you can't really see it and it looks perfectly still. To read anything more into this is delving into conspiracy theory nonsense in my opinion.

EBreda

The way her expression changes after the salute makes it obvious we're looking at two different actions: the first one is an obvious nazi salute, complete with erect pose, closed face, straight arm and eye contact; after that, she goes into relaxed mode with a smile and the hand waving.

It's pretty easy to catch it, really.

That, and the context of it all.

Boy that Nazi sure has Social Justice Warriors over a barrel.

Ray Wonder

This has been the premise of the entire Trump campaign.(and Right in general) Insinuation without outright saying it. This way people can say we're reading too much into it. The answer is not to say nothing. It's transparent and people like you fall for it. It's just like when people ask me "Show me where Trump said ALL Mexicans! He's not saying anything racist! Oh he only means Muslims from those countries, he's not saying ALL Muslims!"

We've gotten to the point where the racism and bigotry are so commonplace and expected that people are quick to dismiss even BLATANT things as crying wolf.

Ok, fine, believe what you wish. This will not be the cause I choose. As being wrong in it makes me look loony.

BriGuy

Laura Ingraham is a turd, but I don't buy that this is an deliberate Nazi salute. There would be nothing to be gained from slipping that in there and pretty much everything to lose. Besides that, there's no shortage of intentionally odious, vile shit coming out of the convention to condemn.

Clinton-salute.jpg

cyhZKaI.jpg

HillaryClinton-OrangePantsuit-HitlerSalute-Attrib-Twitter-BoschFawstin-102315.jpg

Hillary-Clinto-Nazi-salute-1.jpg

hillaryClinton.jpg

hillarysalute_zps363495e5.jpg

Laura Ingraham may be a neo nazi, I don´t know, what I do know is that Clinton isn´t better than her

No one in their right mind would be saying this if the evidence for Laura's thing was just pictures. If you gif'ed every single one of those Hillary moments I guarantee none would look even close to what Laura did. No, she probably didn't do a Nazi salute unless she purposefully wanted to be attacked by ess jay dubyas, but this argument is really weak.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Stop with the damn Hillary pictures. Half of them even use the left hand which immediately ruins the argument.

That was a picture perfect nazi salute. You don't pull that off by happenstance. You have to practice to to get it to look like that.

I'm pretty sure at a rally near me during the primaries people did salutes exactly like that. So I don't put it past her doing this intentionally.

I think she's doing that "pledge" to Donald and it's not a Nazi salute per se. Still fascist, though. Crazy we're at a point in time where this is debatable. Also that a person thought to have made a Nazi salute doesn't immediately say she wasn't and apologize for appearing to do so.

Stop with the damn Hillary pictures. Half of them even use the left hand which immediately ruins the argument.

Stunning to think that the powerful wife of a white, southern politician who presided over the largest increase in black incarceration in American history gets a pass, when clearly her history of coded racism suggests she knows full well the intent of her obvious Nazi salutes.

I shudder at the mere thought that you could have any other interpretation of her shameful dog whistles tbh. It's like you guys are willfully ignoring history.

Stunning to think that the powerful wife of a white, southern politician who presided over the largest increase in black incarceration in American history gets a pass, when clearly her history of coded racism suggests she knows full well the intent of her obvious Nazi salutes.

I shudder at the mere thought that you could have any other interpretation of her shameful dog whistles tbh. It's like you guys are willfully ignoring history.

Not sure if serious.

It is really hard to tell in a thread like this, when people actually think Ingraham dropped a Nazi salute.

phanphare

Banned

L8yVhG0.jpg

I like how you posted two pics that were likely seconds apart from one another that clearly show she's waving at someone

sorry to burst your bubble, person with awful point

I hope you were being sarcastic ;p

smurfx

get some go again
Laura Ingraham is a turd, but I don't buy that this is an deliberate Nazi salute. There would be nothing to be gained from slipping that in there and pretty much everything to lose. Besides that, there's no shortage of intentionally odious, vile shit coming out of the convention to condemn.
she did it because she knows a bunch of idiots are going to defend her no matter what. she thought she was being cute and will likely play the victim and accuse crazy liberals of going after her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom