• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft announces Skull and Bones, open-world multiplayer Pirates game

From what I'm seeing so far, there doesn't seem to be any exploration or hand to hand combat so I think Sea of Thieves will be able to stand on its own.

Exactly.

Looks more like World of Warships to me. *shurgs* Why everyone believes RARE is suddenly dead on the back of this game is baffling.

It's another multiplayer pirate game, that's all a lot of the masses care about. And this one has the marketing of Ubisoft on its side and will probably certainly make its release date (before Sea of Thieves). They could be completely different games but they still are roughly the same genre/description which is all people seem to care about.

Another Ubsioft multiplayer game that I'm sure will be a mess of online infrastructure. Didn't know people actually liked the ship stuff from Black Flag.

jesu

Is this just ship battles?
If you don't leave the boats it's not going to be like Sea Of Thieves at all.

It's like comparing World Of Tanks to Battlefield.

Afrodium

Banned
It really doesn't matter how functionally similar to Sea of Thieves is. MS is going to have a hard time marketing their online pirate game when Ubisoft has one too and it's throwing the weight of their marketing department behind it.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
is water a lot easier to do now in games or something? seems like a lot more pirate games. whatever, not complaining. more pirates is always a good thing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It just looked more focused on combat, I dont think Sea of Thieves and it will clash that much. Sea of Thieves looks a lot more varied and upbeat

Woah, enormous sea monster tease

1odgkgV.png

no Kraken no buy

SoT still got my attention

Well you might be in luck...

it seemed cool til it was full PVP and I am now mostly bored

looks great though. If one thing they can be counted on Ubisoft does great graphics (if its not downgraded....lol)

LOL poor Rare.

But to be honest, this looks like AC4 ship gameplay, so it's kinda meh to me.

But with Ubi marketing muscle this will surely eat SoT sales XD

Rare is taking too long with their IP. Just barely starting to implement sword combat, this already looks like it's well along.

People are saying they're different games but so are Battleborn and Overwatch, and one smashed the other due to unfair comparisons, etc.

Shin

Banned
Love the CG trailer, gameplay wise it looks more interesting also because they took the more serious route.
Pleasantly surprised.

Top Bottom