• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft announces Skull and Bones, open-world multiplayer Pirates game

Fuck sake, this game sounded good at first.

I wanted this to be SP, with boarding, and underwater exploration.

I DO NOT want pvp MP-only ship combat and that's it.

I'll get this because of the fact I'm the captain of my own ship.

I'm excited for Sea of Thieves, but having my own ship and doing my own thing is a big plus for me.

Tonedeff

This looks sick as fuck. I know this and SoT are two different experiences entirely, but good luck on Rare making that point to the masses

Afrodium

Banned
No shooter as impact on Counter Strike. Can do this all day. Like we can have only one pirate game. Stupid.

Pirate game isn't a genre like in the way that FPS is though. A third person pirate game can coexist with an isometric pirate themed RPG, but two third person online co-op pirate games released in the same year probably can't coexist, similar to Titanfall 2 being hurt by Call of Duty or Battleborn being killed by Overwatch.

amnesiac

At first I was excited because it seemed like this would be a modern Sid Meier's Pirates-type game. But it's just purely a multiplayer naval combat game? Eh.

Wish there was a pirate game coming out that wasn't multiplayer only!

A-V-B

Yup. They took a concept that people would like and sort of... did a 180 on what it needed to be. Frustrating as fuck.

I'll get this because of the fact I'm the captain of my own ship.

I'm excited for Sea of Thieves, but having my own ship and doing my own thing is a big plus for me.

You can control your own ship in SoT just don't get in combat. It's a pain to try and shift your sails when the winds change and you are on the guns.

No... not like this Ubisoft... it looks great, fun and all but no solo adventure? No boarding? 0 exploration like in Black Flag...?

Will buy surely but I'm slightly sad...

Stiler

I really really hope that the mp part is only a fraction of the game and not the focus.

I was hoping the world would be like Watch Dogs 2, where mp is seamless and part of the world but you still have the single player and quests to find over the world with actual narrative.

Also if there's no off-ship gameplay, that's really going to be a bummer.

bluexy

Not sure how this thing can even be compared to Rare's game. It seems more like For Honor with boats whereas Sea of Thieves is Destiny with pirates. Or did Ubisoft misrepresent Skull and Bones scope?

Realyn

SoT has been playable for awhile. They have weekly alpha tests where they keep adding and tweaking components. The game is very far along.

Well, with very very basic sword fighting added as early as March to April. Come on, meant the whole game as an expierence.

RocknRola

This looked sooooooo gooood! It's basically AC4 but on steroids (and without the "boring" AC parts :p )!!

Is it really online only? Like For Honor?

Moongazer

MP only is a fucking bummer. Would've been all over this if it had SP. A pirate game without the Assasin's Creed stuff would've been amazing but I expected far too much out of Ubisoft.

Xtars

Man it looked like a 10/10 game, but then.... Multiplayer Focus.

I was so excited for a "realistic looking" deep single player pirate game. Huge disappointment, will try it out but damn it ubi.

Violet_0

Banned
right now it basicallly looks like AC IV multiplayer battles. The video didn't do anything for me, but I'm not into these sort of games

Curious to see if the PvP ends up being any good but other than that, meh.

Also pretty hilarious to watch people try to throw Sea of Thieves under the bus when they announced it lol.

m_dorian

That is what i would have liked from a game like this along with some fun SP campaign and, why not, sword duels.

Ubisoft continues to disappoint me.

We are in the Pirate era! So who's going to be the King of the Pirates?

Lol! I was not a fan of the navel combat of Ass Creed BF so I don't know if there's anything for me here but I don't know, good luck Ubisoft? I don't think this is any where near to killing Sea of Thieves like, at all.

Top Bottom