• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 169 |OT| This is wrestling stuff, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
19.gif
2.gif

I'll leave them here.

Turtling up and showing no intention of moving from a bad position and simply covering with the glove after being tagged and rocked, is not a intelligent way of defending yourself when you know there is a referee prepared to stop the fight at any sign of a fighter abandonning or properly defending itself from the strikes getting thrown. I count 15 hammer fists being thrown in the 2nd gif and still, Faber didn't try to transitionned in any way whatsoever.
That's the simple truth and fact of what we've seen today and multiple times before in similar situations that happened. You can think otherwise and be mad about it, but it doesn't change anything about it.

That's what makes it a sport and not simply a fight.

That's a weak stoppage. Those are the limpest hammer fists I've ever seen.

Got nothing to do with me. These are world class, well trained athletes. Those hammer strikes aren't damaging, and Faber had the presence of mind to cover up well without exposing his face. Weak stoppage.

You're the one saying it, got everything to do with you.

Basicaly you have no idea how damaging they truely are, you just think so because you have no clue about how it feels. The guy was clearly hurt, and was covering up for a reason.

You're the one saying it, got everything to do with you.

Basicaly you have no idea how damaging they truely are, you just think so because you have no clue about how it feels. The guy was clearly hurt, and was covering up for a reason.

Yeah, okay. I've participated in combat sports for many years; I've taken my share of knocks, and dished them. You probably have even less of a clue how it feels than I do. I think it was a weak stoppage, end of story.

DC R1D3R

Banned
Got nothing to do with me. These are world class, well trained athletes. Those hammer strikes aren't damaging, and Faber had the presence of mind to cover up well without exposing his face. Weak stoppage.

the kid was way too much for him pal.

woulda got wreckd!

no VIP!

Yeah, okay. I've participated in combat sports for many years; I've taken my share of knocks, and dished them. You probably have even less of a clue how it feels than I do. I think it was a weak stoppage, end of story.

So wait, you want to start a contest here or something? I also have combat sport experience, which makes me all the more sceptical about you, considering you say those hammer fist were the limpest you've seen. Makes me think someone is either thinking to highly of himself, or that he's just full of shit.

Nameless

Reem would've beaten Browne and Big Foot had he focused on cardio and paced himself like he did for this fight. Still, I think Cain holds him down and has his way rather easily if the two ever fought.

And while it probably wouldn't have mattered anyway, the Faber stoppage was dog shit.

So wait, you want to start a contest here or something? I also have combat sport experience, which makes me all the more sceptical about you, considering you say those hammer fist were the limpest you've seen. Makes me think someone is either thinking to highly of himself, or that he's just full of shit.
You can flap your gums all you want; did I say anything about some challenge? I gave my opinion; you don't agree, leave it at that. I could care less what you think about me, or how much of an internet tough guy you are. I think those hammer fists were weak sauce and Dean chose a bad moment to stop it. Would Faber had lost anyway? Maybe, maybe not. Maybe he recovers and makes a comeback in the later rounds. No one will know now, but imo he was robbed of the chance to try.

DKehoe

Faber took 15 shots to the head without doing anything to intelligently defend himself (a thumbs up doesn't count) I don't see how people can blame Herb Dean for stopping it. The thumb wasn't even visible from his viewpoint.

Faber then goes on to complain about it and Goldberg still calls him the classiest guy you could hope to meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom