• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 174 | OT | Mighty Mouse headlines a Pay Per View...yes you read that right

Status
Not open for further replies.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Rory's has all the abilities to finish the fight, has totally demoralised his opponent to the point of zero threat: but has no willingness whatsoever to finish. Tristar is in his blood.

And Woodley just didn't turn up at all.

Heel

Honestly, we should all root for an awful main event as to not give Dana White a way to ignore the rest of the card and pretend this was worth any amount of time or money.

We've hit rock bottom, and it must be realized.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I wish the phrase "pound for pound" was banned from MMA.

It's nothing but a marketing gimmick used to promote the midgets.

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema

Well Rory is the American Psycho after all.

rm1.jpg

rm2.jpg

rm3.jpg

rm4.jpg

rm5.jpg

rm6.jpg

rm7.jpg

rm8.jpg

rm9.jpg

rm10.jpg

rm11.jpg

rm12.jpg

rm13.jpg

rm14.jpg

rm15.jpg

rm16.jpg

rm17.jpg

rm18.jpg

rm19.jpg

dream

I know we've stopped making Fight Night OTs forever ago, but I think we should stop making PPV OTs too. It's not worth the time or effort.

Honestly, we should all root for an awful main event as to not give Dana White a way to ignore the rest of the card and pretend this was worth any amount of time or money.

He's just going to talk about how much of a stud Rory is, regardless of the main event sucking.

Dysun

Dana can count the amount of bad events they've ever had on one hand though !

industrian

Bagautinov needs to win this fight then put on a Russian hockey shirt. Get that heel heat in style.

Guru-Guru

Banned
I'm looking forward to seeing a fighter from Dagestan or Chechnya becoming a UFC champ, but Bagautinov won't be the guy do do it.

ElyrionX

I'm not sure which is worse. Watching women fight or watching midgets fight.

I haven't been watching UFC for a long time but the last few months have been truly terrible. WTF is going on.

industrian

I'm not sure which is worse. Watching women fight or watching midgets fight.

I haven't been watching UFC for a long time but the last few months have been truly terrible. WTF is going on.

The only Flyweight I like is John Dodson.

And blame the "internationalization" of the UFC for the quality (or lack thereof) in 2014's events.

iddqd

I just saw whats coming up on June 28th.
TWO UFC Events!
James Te Huna vs Nate Marquardt
and
Cub Swanson vs Jeremy Stephens
as their main events!

industrian

A fun fact I like to remember about Demetrious Johnson:

His entire championship reign - and the preceding tournament needed to crown a champion - takes place during the time that Dominic Cruz has been out injured. This is his seventh fight since losing to Cruz.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
This main event is a stinker so far. Can't say I'm surprised.

Bring back openweight tournaments I say. Would love to see something like Schaub vs Demetrius Johnson to please my bloodthirst. Barbaric human cockfighting at it's finest.

Jinto

A fun fact I like to remember about Demetrious Johnson:

His entire championship reign - and the preceding tournament needed to crown a champion - takes place during the time that Dominic Cruz has been out injured. This is his seventh fight since losing to Cruz.

Not sure what you're trying to say. Cruz is in a different division.

Razdek

Banned
Not sure if I want to see more Russians in the UFC. It's like if they can't get the take down they have no chance in the striking and gets routed.

Jinto

It lost its impact once the UFC came to their senses and stripped Cruz of the title.

Not really. They fought at Bantamweight. Mighty mouse was always too small for that division. He would still be the best FW in the world right now regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom