• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 174 | OT | Mighty Mouse headlines a Pay Per View...yes you read that right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heel

Why the fuck is this banshee allowed to scream like that without getting thrown out? Incredibly annoying.

I think we should focus on the fact that we can hear one person scream in a crowd of thousands. Did they move this card to Japan, or is this crowd absolutely dead?

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Rogan: "It's really hard not to make the argument that he's the number one guy, pound for pound..."

:rolleyes

The post fight presser should be good for a laugh. Between this and the ultimate fighter this season, it's becoming hard to be interested in the UFC.

Jinto

Yeah, Horiguchi is the best thing about the Flyweight division. Hopefully he doesn't falter like all the other Japanese fighters.

Nope, there was no bitterness and my voice.
I would have left early too, rent is too high in Vancouver to not spent as much time possible at home.

Heh I hear ya there. Cost of living in Vancouver is ridiculous. I would've been out of the building around the same time to be honest.

Heel

I hope Dana has enough respect for the audience to break into the "We'll make it up to, I promise." routine, because he just killed the territory.

Ivieto

Banned
And this isn't a wrestling match, It's a MMA match. If I wanted to watch wrestling , I'd watch wrestling.

Right its MMA, its not a little bit of Muay Thai, with a little bit of wrestling and a dash of BJJ. You do whatever you can to get the win. If that means getting top position and working a guy on the floor with knees, elbows and punches, then that is as valid and entertaining a strategy as looking for the KO

Anyone hating on Rory needs to go fuck themselves.

Most people thought Woodley would annihilate him and Rory completely HUMILIATED him. I expect Woodley to turn Brazilian and dish out a ton of excuses at the post fight conference.

Heel

Well WTF did he expect.. We've been shitting on this card for a while.

If you think about it, only the hardcore of the hardcore would've bought this card, and it absolutely shit the bed. That's the UFC's lifeblood at this point. Trying to spin this as anything short of awful would be a mistake. More interested to see how he plays it than I was in the fights, haha.

Ivieto

Banned
If you think about it, only the hardcore of the hardcore would've bought this card, and it absolutely shit the bed. That's the UFC's lifeblood at this point. Trying to spin this as anything short of awful would be a mistake. More interested to see how he plays it than I was in the fights, haha.

I dont know if they can do it for the US, but back here every fight is on cable TV. What you call PPV or free fights are the same thing for us, they make no difference in the broadcasting and it makes events seem more balanced overall. I dont mind this being called a PPV instead of a FOX fight because it is the same thing.

Right its MMA, its not a little bit of Muay Thai, with a little bit of wrestling and a dash of BJJ. You do whatever you can to get the win. If that means getting top position and working a guy on the floor with knees, elbows and punches, then that is as valid and entertaining a strategy as looking for the KO

And the whole idea is too combine all of those things and be entertaining. That was not entertaining. I am Canadian but telling me that GSP's fights where he did exactly what Bader did tonight is entertaining, Is kidding themselves.

Too each their own I guess but I'm taking a wild guess that the majority of people that paid for this PPV are pretty pissed right now.

zsswimmer

I like dominating wrestlers. I think it is amazing when one guy can completly dominate and impose his will on his oponent.

I can understand that on a technical level he was dominating and so was Rory, but I don't think that necessary automatically makes for an exciting fight. At least round 3 in the Rory fight was good though

Well Dana's got Rogan calling every main eventer the #1 pound-for-pound GOAT stud at this point, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him try to spin this turd of a card, blaming everyone who didn't like it. Full steam ahead, future so bright gotta wear shades.

Only 3 pages? That has to be a new low for a PPV UFC event.

Glad no one else paid for this either. I could light 50 bucks on fire and have a better time.

Ivieto

Banned
And the whole idea is too combine all of those things and be entertaining. That was not entertaining. I am Canadian but telling me that GSP's fights where he did exactly what Bader did tonight is entertaining, Is kidding themselves.

Well GSP is my favorite fighter, I find his style and Baders' to be super fun to watch. Opinions I guess? :p

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
These sub-155 weight divisions have really taken a toll on the Ultimate.

How long will Dana run damage control for this garbage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom