• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 203 CM Punk vs Mickey Gall |OT| Like Mussolini and Kennedy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, that EOP thing was more than one episode? Shit, I gotta catch up.

And what was the deal with colt cabana? I don't remember wrassle-GAF saying anything about it...

And what was the deal with colt cabana? I don't remember wrassle-GAF saying anything about it...

Somehow it doesn't shock me that Punk would end up hating and alienating one of the few people who managed to tolerate him.

Colt went to visit some WWE pals backstage and it pissed off Punk cause it could potentially hurt his lawsuit. Honestly no it wouldn't considering his case is against the doctor and what Colt cant have friends anymore?

Hasney

Hoping Punk:

1. doesn't get knocked out
2. makes it more than one round

that's the list. You can do it bro!

giphy.gif

ReiGun

If I'm Punk, I take a dive after the first attempt at a punch from Gall. Get that easy money without breaking a sweat, Gall looks strong, and Punk gets to main event WrestleMania 33. Everyone wins, baby!
If this somehow ended with Punk headlining WM, it would be one of the greatest long cons in the history of sports and/or entertainment.

I just want HHH to be in the audience, that would make my day.

Gotta zoom in on the smug ass smile after Punk gets his shit rocked.

lTV4gBE.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
My countryman is coming for his belt, Stipe gonna get got.

Want Punk to win just for the MMA purist tears. Still deciding what is best for that, probably gonna get maximum salt with a split decision.

pants

Want Punk to win just for the MMA purist tears. Still deciding what is best for that, probably gonna get maximum salt with a split decision.

I dont think many people care about Mickey Gall. If Phillip were to snatch a super unlikely win most people would just go 'eh'. If he wins I fully expect them to put him up against Nick Diaz or some other name fighter though.

Aiii

So not worth it
I dont think many people cares about Mickey Gall. If Phillip were to snatch a super unlikely win most people would just go 'eh'. If he wins I fully expect them to put him up against Nick Diaz or some other name fighter though.

People totally care about Punk winning. Just Punk competing is enough for people to lose their shit and talk about how he didn't earn his spot or whatever.

You are correct in that one of the ways maximum salt would manifest if Punk wins is that "they fed him a can" or some shit like that.

Regardless, it will be: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7oMBq1vkCM

Overeem in a title fight? Oh, heavyweight division, why are you such a joke? Here's hoping Stipe smashes him and Werdum smashes Browne.

I'm not sure I'll be able to stand watching the Punk fight, I'm expecting a whole lot of cringe and a very one sided fight. Dude should've given up a long time ago and become a commentator instead.

Weckum

So much this. Reem gonna get his UFC belt finally, and then we'll have big UFC next year in Amsterdam.

pants

People totally care about Punk winning. Just Punk competing is enough for people to lose their shit and talk about how he didn't earn his spot or whatever.

You are correct in that one of the ways maximum salt would manifest if Punk wins is that "they fed him a can" or some shit like that.

Regardless, it will be: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7oMBq1vkCM

Maximum salt would be Punk winning and next subbing Nick Diaz on the ground in round 5 (in my mind it's a 5 round main event) with Nick looking gassed as fuck. Now that would be salt, glorious.mp3. In reality Mickey Gall is going to do a one armed rear naked choke on punk while using the other arm to hold up a peace sign subbing Phil 0:05 seconds into round 1

Lupercal

Banned
Would love for Punk to win, but let's be serious, he's no Lesnar.
He'll probably get rocked in the first round but survive. Then takedown in the second the finish him up.

I don't like rooting against someone in fights like these or dismissing someone because anything can happen but the footage of punk in those first three episodes is fairly brutal.

His skills so far look on par with what I'd be like if you threw me in to the UFC at 33 years old having never fought anyone before.

I'd love to see him do well but he looks awful..... it's going to be grim.

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't like rooting against someone in fights like these or dismissing someone because anything can happen but the footage of punk in those first three episodes is fairly brutal.

That training-footage is a year old at its youngest, though.

Not saying he suddenly became a prodigy or anything, but that's all stuff from his first few months of training.

kiguel182

Win or lose, huge props to Punk for doing this. He wanted to fight and trained his ass off to do it. If he loses well, it happens and he might bounce back for his next fight.

I'm still rooting for him. Let's wait and see.

iddqd

Would not be surprised if the "Defending the belt at home" curse stays active for Stipe.
New Reem seems willing to circle and stay outside and Stipe is not a great wrestler to do anything against that.

Reem could get it and then loose it when he defends it at home against Cain.

Or he pulls a Bigfoot / Brown and gets knocked out on his way to a clear dominant win.

Yaari

Reem has had some really embarrassing losses until he found the power of christ or something....I mean either that or he's finding better ways to juice.

Yeah. His move to Jackson's was a great one. He kept switching camps in that period but this last one really changed his game for the better. He plays a much safer style keeping his range, but is as dangerous as ever.

I'm hoping Phil Brooks wins. It would be hilarious.

jett

D-Member
In for the carny show.

I don't understand why is Punk doing this, is UFC really paying him that much? Either he gets destroyed or the other guy gets paid to take a fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom