• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 213 OT - Nunes vs Shevchenko. The Lioness, the Uber, and the The Soldier of God

TankRizzo

Banned
hE0g9um_d.jpg

No sympathy for extreme weight cutters.

Brought this on yourself trying to get an advantage by bullying smaller fighters.

Vacate and give Valentina and someone else a shot.

Yeah I never feel sympathy either for fighters who are cutting too much. Did this to yourself.

Valentina must be pissed

Levito

Banned
Nearly every major fight that was supposed to be on this card fell out.

TJ/Cody
Lawler/Cowboy
Now Nunes/Shevchenko

Thankfully the new main event is one of the best fights the UFC can put on right now.

Would've been a SCRAP. Shev beat Joanna in Muay Thai as well prior to UFC. Why wouldn't the NSAC allow it?
Because it’s after weigh-in time. That’s why it was the worst possible time for Nunes to pull out. She was feeling sick for over a week, should’ve pulled out earlier.

Dana Candie loves throwing his fighters under the bus and shitting on them when things don't go his way so I'd take anything he says with a grain of salt.

Doran902

ugh im torn, that title fight would have been fun but there are still great fights on this card

will likely still buy

still hyped from last nights main event

BadAss2961

No sympathy for extreme weight cutters.

Brought this on yourself trying to get an advantage by bullying smaller fighters.

Vacate and give Valentina and someone else a shot.
?

UFC's had a grand total of 1 fight at 145. Bantamweight has been the only option for Nunes.

Yaari

That shit never happens anyway. They'd rather cancel it and re-schedule so they can market it for longer. They arent going to do a fight like this on hours notice.

I'd love to be wrong, but it only annoys me because it never happens. Please prove me wrong Dana. Ugh.

I'm not a big fan of WMMA but I really wanted to see this fight.

Jezbollah

Brutal on Shevshenko for Nunes to pull out on the day of the fight.

Think Nunes should have told Dana if she was indeed ill all week - that way maybe we may have seen a fight let alone a possible interim title fight.

Top Bottom