• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 211 OT - Stipe "Immigrant Mentality" Miocic vs Junior "Cigano" dos Santos

Guru-Guru

Banned
I feel like Helwani's prying may have gone too far tonight. He may have ruined his relationship with JJ. He made her cry and leave the stage during the post fight press conference by asking too much behind the scenes info about ATT and her camp.

May have not been a good move at all
Care to go into more detail about what specifically he asked/how she answered? I missed the presser.

Care to go into more detail about what specifically he asked/how she answered? I missed the presser.

Her wrestling coach is leaving ATT, she didn't want to talk about it. Started to cry then walked off.

And it was clear from the get go she didn't want to talk about it, as soon as he started going there she said "We agreed not to talk about it"

I appreciate Ariel and think he does mostly good work, but I feel at times he's borderline dickish in how far he pushes things behind the scenes with fighters. I think this was one of those times and he may have legit hurt his relationship with JJ

Also I love me some MMA, but its pretty fucked up, as these photos will tell you

C_wThBkVwAAkWAW.jpg

I'm glad he apologized for that. That's cool if he didn't mean it, but in the moment it seemed a kinda dirty thing to do to a champ who is trying to celebrate a victory. If he really didn't anticipate the questions hurting her as much as they did then its alright I guess

Ariel has turned into way more of an asshole lately and boy does he ride Connors D hard now ever since doing that PPV interview with him.

He's definitely not as legit and reputable these days imo

I fell asleep during the Demian Maia fight and just got caught up with rest of the card. Miocic surprised me and i was a bit let down by JdS game plan whilst Joanna is just peerless, she is just so good to watch.

It was a great card from the prelims up.

Namajunas looks like the "I like turtles" kid.

Ariel has turned into way more of an asshole lately and boy does he ride Connors D hard now ever since doing that PPV interview with him.

He's definitely not as legit and reputable these days imo

I've never liked this prick. I disagreed with Dana banning him, but boy do I dislike this self-serving shit head. He's always instigating. Every pre-fight interview he has seems to have him trying to get one fighter to talk shit about another. It's so annoying transparent.

Hey! No problem. Yeah the UFC app has gotten much better. Only $45 for HD PPV vs the usual $60 is hard to pass up. Glad to see PlayStation has taken this seriously and have improved performance because early on it was really rough

That's actually really good to know. I had given up on the PS4 app after it cut out and forced a system restart three times during a few big fights. Glad to hear it's better.

Haunted

Everyone Miocic has fought is passive against him and he feeds on that. While they are backing up into the cage or trying to run away he keeps pushing and going for big punches.
Did you not see the fight vs Werdum? Miocic punishing Werdum's reckless advance with a clean counter hook while moving backwards (at a significant pace!) was beautiful.

Miocic has shown to be more versatile than you give him credit for, especially in contrast to the rest of the UFC Heavyweight notables, which are pretty much all one-dimensional hard punchers... and Cain Velasquez.

PizzaFace

Banned
I'm glad he apologized for that. That's cool if he didn't mean it, but in the moment it seemed a kinda dirty thing to do to a champ who is trying to celebrate a victory. If he really didn't anticipate the questions hurting her as much as they did then its alright I guess

I really don't see how that isn't a fair question to ask after the fight, before would be suspect, but after is fair game.

Top Bottom