• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

United States Election: Nov. 8, 2016 |OT| Hate Trumps Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are surprised they told people to go home and sleep? The votes aren't going to be done for hours. There's no use in having everyone there stand there while the race is too close to call and won't be official until the morning.

TheZink

Please go cry in your beds. Good night. Disrespect.

ygqVx.gif
Ha!

Kathian

Banned
To be fair this is a personal disaster for Clinton - can't imagine what mental state she'll be in right now. Podesta felt like a rally of support and getting everyone to quieten down whilst they pull things together for the following day.

Klocker

Jesus Christ people way to vote against all of your interests that matter to human beings and vote for fucking everyone over except rich, white, straight people

Sephzilla

Hillary just lost to a racist who has no qualifications to be president. Which ultimately signifies that she will never be president. I can at least understand the salt, even if it was a punk thing to do.

Yeah.... HillaryGAF didn't do this.

Of course not, but what happened with HillaryGAF was just emblematic of what was happening across your nation in sweeping motions: while Democrats rejoiced Republicans tearing at each other, they were blind to the cracks forming in their own camp.

The way Bernie and his supporters were treated and lambasted wasn't just abhorrent, it was stupid and only served to hurt the party. What did you think this Bernie Bros narrative was going to lead to? As an outsider looking in, it struck me as bizarre just how ridiculous it was that otherwise like-minded liberals just tore into each other simply because of how they voted in the PRIMARIES - a time in which voting your heart over your mind was still within reason and shouldn't warrant any form of abuse. Deny it all you want if you'd like, but it happened, and now the whole world must suffer the consequences of a Trump presidency.

Perhaps Hillary could have won if the Bernie supporters were firmly on board, and perhaps she couldn't, but the infighting certainly did the Democrats no favours.

Mr. X

Seriously how the fuck has this happened? Do us internationals get a different, warped version of who Donald Trump really is or is America just fucking stupid?
Fucking stupid. He used small words, repeated them and gave people a scape goat for any problem they need to blame someone else for.

Clinton may not be in a good emotional state to give a concession speech tonight anyway ( I know I wouldn't, in her position). Her campaign probably told her not to worry about it, just get some sleep, we'll deal with it in the morning.

But it does suck that all those people who hung around to watch their candidate lose, don't even get to see her speak at the venue

nelchaar

How do you lose to Donald Trump? Seriously.
You can always count on the democrats to blow a projected easy win. Should have gone with Sanders or Biden.

Now that I think about it, very strange that she didn't come out and be modest and thankful to her voters and supporters...

"Go Home."

Expected more from her than this.

Burt

I just felt my whole body go limp and i just feel beat up and tired and completely sapped of energy

look up the stages of grief

startlingly accurate to my experience tonight

yes, sorry, i did have a "well, he did say he'd take money out of politics" moment during my bargaining phase

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I don't blame her for not conceding.

Go ahead and cry about sportsmanship when your oompa loompa was shitty at it for a little over a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom