• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

United States Election: Nov. 8, 2016 |OT| Hate Trumps Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcdohl

Legit shock and disappointment.

But I accept the result.

This is democracy after all.

I think threatening to leave the country is anti-democratic.

Bolivar687

Banned
Absolutely unacceptable not to concede. We've just been smacked in the face with how unimaginably divided this country is. To keep this going on is so totally irresponsible.

HotHamBoy

Trump's ego has never been so validated

Donald trump is going to turn his presidency into a business selling his name and face. He will try and craft a reality where he is "the best president, tremendous."

No matter where you go in this world, his face and his words and his choices will follow you.

Wag

Hillary just lost to a racist who has no qualifications to be president. Which ultimately signifies that she will never be president. I can at least understand the salt, even if it was a punk thing to do.

Who's fault is that? I'm a Hillary supporter and even I know she needs to look deep.

boingball

Landslide for Trump. Man, I had more confidence in America. Democrats should not have handed the nomination to the second most hated candidate ever (and she then manages to lose against the most hated candidate ever).

Obama is going to look incredible in the history books.

Doubtful. Most of his accomplishments will be rolled back, so his only contribution to history is to be first black (and first non-american... if Trump gets also to rewrite history books) president. Obamacare: gone. Iran deal: Gone. Paris Accord and EPA regulations: gone.

The only thing which will be continued and probably even more so are his war crimes (drone strikes and spying on civilians).

The only reason he has historic positive ratings now is that his successor is either Trump or Hillary, the two most hated candidates ever.

hemo memo

Gold Member
I told you.. I told you how i'm afraid of this moment and as a muslim how I was worried how the situation will end up for every muslim in the US hearing Trump statements. you told me no don't be paranoid, there is no chance for trump to become president.

now here we are..

ElRenoRaven

Trump would be getting shit if it was flipped. She made a big deal about him conceding, but couldn't even show her face.

Fuck her.

Yea. That's just so fucked up. She's being a hypocrite. This is a chance to show that she's the bigger person and she's doing exactly what Trump would have done.

Maybe the fact checking thing and correcting the record online was a mistake, its obvious now as it was then that people dont care about that and even less on the internet.

legacyzero

Banned
At lot of lessons learned tonight. The DNC, and a lot of blind voters just had an entire election blow up in their face tonight. You had Bernie. A perfect shot at radical change backed by history and principle. A lot of anti-establishment voters had a primary robbed from them by a dishonest DNC, and those voters had to go somewhere. A mixture of fed up voters and secret Trump supporters shocked you all.

Lesson learned.

TheMan

Stunning defeat across the board for us dems. I was just flabbergasted watching us lose all those battleground states. I still can't really process it. All the poor people who voted for trump are in for some brexit levels of regret in a few years, but hey, they fucked themselves.

Betty

Banned
I'm sorry, but is doing the right thing and/or showing class dependent on what Trump would've done? Of course fucking not.

Right, right, it's wrong.

But she must be devastated right now, I mean we all are I can't imagine how it is for her.

If she tried to give a concession speech tonight she'd probably break down.

tariniel

Prop 64 passed in CA? Hell yeah. That was the thing I wanted to happen more than anything else.

I can't believe Trump won though. I mostly frequent here and reddit, and everyone I know IRL voted Hillary, so from my world perspective she was guaranteed to win. Very surprising.

Apparently there's a lot of provisional votes and absentee votes that are stopping some of these states from being called, at least by MSNBC.

Sijil

After Brexit, the rise of the right wing in Europe and now this, it's shocking how backward thinking the West has become. If the majority of the population are uneducated backward idiots then democracy will continue to elect leaders like Trump.

gogosox82

Why should she concede tonight when votes are still close, she might not make it up, but its still possible

Trump is going to have over 300 electoral votes. Its over. She should concede unless she was so confident that she didn't have a concession speech prepared.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
If somebody doesn't come back to this goddamn thread and answer this question I'm going to lose my mind:

So... What is Angry Joe saying?

he was wearing a donald trump hat and seemed to be praising him however I think it may have been a troll, wait and watch his stream

Stasis

I can't wait until a year, 2 years from now, whatever amount of time it takes when all these people who voted for Trump realize that their lives aren't better in the slightest.

Wait, nah, that won't matter. He'll still be a 'powerful' white male. Have fun with that.

Fucking hope Canada keeps CETA and forms a new separate alliance with Mexico. You fucked yourselves, leave us out of it. Don't let me down JT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom