• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

United States Election: Nov. 8, 2016 |OT| Hate Trumps Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

PillarEN

Flip a coin.

nYVbjs.gif

Rootbeer

Banned
voted by mail weeks ago. I get to sit back and watch today. everyone i know of voting age did the same so I have nobody in my personal life to encourage. I'm optimistic but filled with so much worry. I also wonder how GAF is going to function if things go a certain way... this place will be on fire. Alongside the streets outside our windows in some parts of the country.

Stay headstrong all.

besada

Banned
Play nice, everyone. It would be a shame, on the eve of the election, to get banned before you can enjoy the main event. Plenty of time for meltdowns, account suicides, and general bad behavior later this evening.

+2 HILLARY for New York! My wife and I voted very quickly. Took the day off and now the watch party begins!

Man, I should have taken today off. Probably gonna be slow as shit at work anyway.

I'll be here all day most likely though.

voted by mail weeks ago. I get to sit back and watch today. everyone i know of voting age did the same so I have nobody in my personal life to encourage. I'm optimistic but filled with so much worry. I also wonder how GAF is going to function if things go a certain way... this place will be on fire. Alongside the streets outside our windows in some parts of the country.

Stay headstrong all.

What about the sticker though!!!

Play nice, everyone. It would be a shame, on the eve of the election, to get banned before you can enjoy the main event. Plenty of time for meltdowns, account suicides, and general bad behavior later this evening.

Let's have a terms of service moratorium when Hillary wins!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Polls supposed to open at 6, they are still setting up in Jersey City, NJ. But 150+ people in line

Can't wait to be challenged as a voter again by the old Republicsn hag.
Where are you voting? I'm in line as well. Hour or so to go.

How I picture GAF mods this afternoon....

copy-of-mp-riot-police-dressing-1991-1799x1199-94-1799x1199-13.jpg

This is going to be a weird forum tonight. :)

do the lines seem to be significantly bigger than previous years?

it would be very interesting considering a lot of people were predicting low voter turnout due to the both sides ish

Snaku

Banned
Northern VA here, voted before heading to class. Gargantuan line that snaked several times before the polls opened.

Very good advice.

Either way it goes, there will be much comedy.

Tobor

Umm, sorry your cadidate of choice does not instill confidence to an independent voter.

Solid strategy, but alas, it can't be a game of chance.

Thank you. I really really contemplative on which way to go here...

Donald Trumps campaign literally took away his access to his own Twitter account. They couldn't trust him to tweet. Do you really want to trust this man with nuclear codes?

It's really as simple as that.

Rootbeer

Banned
What about the sticker though!!!
Haha, ACTUALLY... vote by mail ballot kits come with a "i voted" sticker (in cali, anyway.) it's a special sticker that says you voted by mail under it, too.

See! you still get your sticker. AND... you get early access to it. So you can wave it around for weeks if you want :p

About to go vote now and I'm still at a loss on who is the lesser of two evils and deserves a vote..

This is harsh..

I will never understand people like you. Talk to your friends, talk to your family, talk to people who you respect and look up to. See who they are voting for and their reasoning. If you still can't make a decision after that, then you are hopeless.

These are two polar opposite candidates.

Haha, ACTUALLY... vote by mail ballot kits come with a "i voted" sticker. it's a special sticker that says you voted by mail under it, too.

See! you still get your sticker. AND... you get early access to it. So you can wave it around for weeks if you want :p

Damn that's some shit. My wife didn't get a sticker so I've been rubbing my sticker in her face all weekend as I voted on Friday.

My mail in ballot got list in the mail.

iFirez

Just had a 30minute discussion about the Election which involved the entire office. We're British and just all a mix of scared and interested in finding out the results tomorrow morning.

Good luck America - for some reason, I feel like you might need it.

Just had a 30minute discussion about the Election which involved the entire office. We're British and just all a mix of scared and interested in finding out the results tomorrow morning.

Good luck America - for some reason, I feel like you might need it.

Thanks. It is a really weird time in America. I am honestly a bit worried about things here.

Admodieus

Some big lines already forming here in Philly. Got to my polling place ten minutes before it opened, was sixth in line and another fifteen were behind me by the time they started signing us in. Other friends are in lines 40+ deep at 7 a.m.

sonicmj1

About to go vote now and I'm still at a loss on who is the lesser of two evils and deserves a vote..

This is harsh..

In the world of SAO, Donald Trump is basically Oberon.

You wouldn't vote for Oberon, would you?

I can't think of an anime parallel for Hillary, but I think she'll be a great President.

I will never understand people like you. Talk to your friends, talk to your family, talk to people who you respect and look up to. See who they are voting for and their reasoning. If you still can't make a decision after that, then you are hopeless.

These are two polar opposite candidates.

What baffles me is how many people act as if there aren't more then two candidates.

Xe4

Banned
Northern VA here, voted before heading to class. Gargantuan line that snaked several times before the polls opened.
Larger or smaller than 2012, if you voted there and can recall. Not that Clinton is even remotely likely to loose Va (and if she does she's in serious shit), but a large line is good news for her there, as North VA is a huge democratic stronghold.

40 minutes to the end of my work shift. Then off to the polls! Then a brief nap so I can spend my day watching the results roll in as America selects its first Madame President.

Otnopolit

Voted! The 12th person or so in line, literally across the street where I live. Voted No on 2 to expand the number of charter schools in our state. Let's finish this shit election, America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom