• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

United States Election: Nov. 8, 2016 |OT| Hate Trumps Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianTom

Banned
You guys are way too predictable.

Guess what, nearly 50% of your country is voting for Trump. Don't act all shook when one of those people posts on GAF. The rest just doesn't say anything because being a Trump voter means your account is unlikely to last very long.

Accept that some people will vote Trump and move the fuck on.

Some folks see "I voted for Trump" as "I voted to kick your loved ones out of the country."

Or "I voted to legally dissolve your marriage."

Or "I voted to further erode your voting rights, and for a DOJ that will ignore cops killing you in the streets."

He stands for these things. The GOP stands for these things.

I get what you're saying, but don't be shocked when folks take this kind of thing personally.

Nepenthe

So people who vote for hillary get applauded but if someone says he voted for trump you get reactions like this? This is democracy.

In a democracy with free speech, you're allowed to shit on people on the Internet for voting in a dumbass way. S'kind of a double-edged sword of our country.

Omadahl

Banned
I'll be taking my daughter with me to vote after work. Luckily I love next door to the church that's our polling place. I always bring her with me to teach her how important it is. She's also a great tension diffuser since I'm surrounded by elderly racists.

Stasis

In honor of America, I will become a fat slob and eat unhealthy american snacks tonight. What should I get?

I'm an American born dual citizen living in Canada who absentee voted.

I'm ditching all responsibility today other than a craft beer run into Montreal, lol. Gonna try new beers, watch hockey (it's Canada man, hockey is always) and follow the elections biggest moments.

I too need to figure out appropriate snacks. I feel like chicken wings have to be a part of this.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Pilling up on Trump voters solves nothing. Sooner or later they will post something stupid anyhow. So let them be.

What a load of bullshit. Polling places closing at 7pm and people have to work until 5pm or later.

No wonder likely voters are primarily old people.
In Canada it is a Federal Law that all employers MUST ensure all employees have three contiguous hours of free time in which to vote on election day, to ensure everyone has an opportunity to cast their ballot. You don't have something like that in the U.S.?

Green Yoshi

Perhaps did I miss it, but why was that never a topic in the preelection?

serveimage

Nepenthe

Pilling up on Trump voters solves nothing. Sooner or later they will post something stupid anyhow. So let them be.

People aren't piling up on them to solve any kind of problem. We're solving the problem by voting.

They're piling up on them to let them know they don't approve of them giving a middle finger to everyone in the country who isn't a straight white dude.

MUnited83

For you.
So people who vote for hillary get applauded but if someone says he voted for trump you get reactions like this? This is democracy.

It is democracy, so people can call you out for being an idiot that voted for an idiot, yes. You don't get to shield yourself from criticism by yelling "democracy".

because Trump is a racist who queationned President Obama's birth certificate,
because Trump is racist for insulting Mexicans and insulting an American judge of Mexican decent,
because Trump is a racist, plain and simple

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
What a load of bullshit. Polling places closing at 7pm and people have to work until 5pm or later.

No wonder likely voters are primarily old people.

I really believe that polls should stay open for 24 hours straight in the final 24 hours of polling to give everyone a fair chance to vote, because there are many people who may not be able to vote during regular times due to their occupation.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
If you want someone who perfectly represents your views and has about as much chance of election to President as the third party candidates, then you may as well vote for yourself.

Unless you are in Utah and are voting for Eggs McMuffin.
I vote in three minutes and I'm still undecided. Fuck this election.

Sarye

Lines were longer than usual at my polling station compared to the past couple elections. We're probably going to see a higher voter turnout this election.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom