• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

United States Election: Nov. 8, 2016 |OT| Hate Trumps Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might take some time to vote at 10 or 2, apparently those are good times to do it. After 5PM is horrible though. Kind of excited. Might have a results watching gathering later tonight too.

It's a shame that Democrats only show their true weight during Presidential elections. Midterms and the resulting state governments is what will keep the GOP painfully relevant for decades.

Obama and Holder are going to be leading efforts to focus on capitalizing on redistricting in the next census (2020). AT least they've acknowledged there's a problem. That's step 1...

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
did my part

15034520_1181839235238190_3927742060274122752_n.jpg

suprised alot of people are down on Iowa, i havent seen their polls much, is Clinton losing that bad there? crazy how different it was from the 2008/12 iowa polls

ezrarh

This is why midterms are so important. I don't know why the DNC stopped its 50 state plan.

How much of that can be blamed on Debbie Wasserman Schultz? Don't get me wrong, at the end of the day it comes down to voters turning up but there's no reason the DNC can't be more successful.

Notch another one for Hilldawg in OH. I do live in Trump country, though.

Sizable lines at my polling place even at 7:30ish this morning. Likely the pre-work crowd.

Viewt

Voted in Chicago! It was a pretty good turnout for 6AM - I was probably the 30th or so to turn in my ballot, and tons of people were getting there as I left. There are also a TON of polls in my area, so I'm not sure if any of them are going to get flooded and overrun.

Voting for Clinton was great, but honestly, I was more psyched to help get Tammy Duckworth into the Senate. Get fucked, Mark Kirk!

finowns

I know the alternative is grim, but I can't believe all the dick waving from voting Clinton. The woman's fucking poison.

It's just a narrative that has been said over and over again until people believe it. There is no evidence. And compare Hillary to Donald Trump and she comes off a saint.

Grisby

What I'd like to feel like:
HoFAn55.gif

How I'm going to feel all day:
47ONc.gif

How I hope to feel tonight after the results:
lZASMcj.gif

Anyways, going to vote in an hour or two and then head into work. Going to have to visit 11 precinct today to see if any Trump dudes or Clinton babes disturb the voting process (I work for the evil newspaper media).

How much of that can be blamed on Debbie Wasserman Schultz? Don't get me wrong, at the end of the day it comes down to voters turning up but there's no reason the DNC can't be more successful.

I won't blame it entirely on her. It did happen under her leadership of the DNC but I think its a deeper sense of a single only the presidency matters mentality that the DNC has had as a mindset.

I know the alternative is grim, but I can't believe all the dick waving from voting Clinton. The woman's fucking poison.

From an European perspective I would like to ask why? Maybe because we don't have anything like the Fox news in these parts of the world, she seems like a solid career politician with zero charisma. I don't know how you go from that to hating her. She's been under the microscope for decades and haven't flinched yet. Meanwhile you make one joke about Trump and he goes on a Twitter rampage like a 12-year old boy who got his feelings hurt.

Drain You

Was kind of disappointed I seemed to be the only one voting under the age of 40 when I went. Maybe it was just cause I went so early in the morning.

From an European perspective I would like to ask why? Maybe because we don't have anything like the Fox news in these parts of the world, she seems like a solid career politician with zero charisma. I don't know how you go from that to hating her. She's been under the microscope for decades and haven't flinched yet. Meanwhile you make one joke about Trump and he goes on a Twitter rampage like a 12-year old boy who got his feelings hurt.

20 years of the GOP repeating the same lies about her surprisingly works.

Couleurs

Well, for all the scandals she has been through over the decades (whether legitimate or bullshit), she is still probably the most qualified person to run for president in a long time. I would have preferred Bernie, but choosing between her and Cheeto Hitler is an easy decision for me.

Nepenthe

Don't forget Asians too. We're a small percentage but we're growing. While many are first gen immigrants, their kids and grandkids will go on to be more active citizens. Only thing keeping the GOP alive is how the current system favors rural areas in state and local governments (along with gerrymandering in the House).

Apologies for leaving my Asian American brothers and sisters out of my rant. Y'all deservedly have a seat at the Justice League table too.

Clockwork

+1 for Hillary/Democratic Party

So I am standing outside after voting and waiting for my girlfriend to come out (she took longer because she needed to register). A worker comes outside and makes a phone call:

"We have a voter here that already voted by absentee ballot but he swears he hasn't...."

5 minutes later a police officer shows up and they leave together with the guy holding his ballot.

That can't be good.

Great experience here in Madison, Wisconsin. Got to the local elementary school as the poll opened, and they were having a bake sale with coffee. In and out in 15 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom