• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

unorthodox potato chips

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i'm just sitting here, eating some of the new butter chicken lays potato chips

they're really good

but they got me to thinking: most of the best potato chips i've had have been non-traditional flavours

for example
sriracha lays
president's choice canadian burger
ketchup old dutch (unorthodox everywhere but here)
mountain dew/quest doritos (was really just sour cream and onion mixed with ranch, not actual mountain dew flavouring"
president's choice poutine
chocolate covered wavy lays

what's your favourite "unorthodox" potato chips

also i am not a lays shill i just say potato chips because ukgaf exists

Azriell

I love dill pickle potato chips (and sunflower seeds) but I dislike actual pickles.

Ginger & Wasabi lays are excellent.

Well my favorite chips/crisps are all British so yes

wg4.png

w7.png

I'm trying to think of the less common flavors I've had over there that I really liked but it was some time ago

rObit

Banned
I like those Lays Cheesy Garlic Bread chips quite a bit. Not as crazy as some of the flavors you listed, but still out of my norm.

One of my favourites was Lay's Curry chips they had a few years ago. They don't seem to make them anymore. :( They were kind of similar to the Butter Chicken chips they have right now, but with a flavour shifted closer to pure cumin.

jetsetrez

Wish I could find a bag of those Souther Biscuits and Gravy Lays. Coworker brought some in a while back and they were good, but haven't seen them since.

bundaberg

Banned
I'll eat / try most potato chips but I only buy salt and vinegar when I'm spending my own dosh. Nothing beats the old faithful.

Its the perfect combination with beer or rum and coke.

du-bon-manger-ruffles-steak-gril.jpg

I had these after a few beers and started freaking out why I had never had them before. If you like steak I don't see how you could not like this. They nailed a good steak flavor.

PInk Tape

Banned
I really like the Biscuit and Gravy Lays that came out recently in the US. Other than those, I don't usually eat weird flavored potato chips.

Wish I could find a bag of those Souther Biscuits and Gravy Lays. Coworker brought some in a while back and they were good, but haven't seen them since.

Same here :(

This thread makes me wish being healthy wasn't a thing, and that I could sit down and eat entire bags of all of these. THANKS DESIRE TO BE HEALTHY AND NOT DIE YOUNG

udiie

Presidents choice makes some of the best chips.
I guess my favourite weird chips were the wasabi lays from a few years back or Mackies black pepper haggis, both of which I haven't been able to find in ages

People from outside the Chesapeake Bay area might find Old Bay seasoning to be an odd flavor for chips, but it's seriously perfect.

Utz has always made the best version of crab chips, and now it comes in a kettle cooked variety.

OcAV6kD.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom