• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Updated photo mode + more coming to Horizon next week

Kremzeek

Wow these usability improvements are all things that players have been asking for (sorting, marking to sell, batch selling, hide headgear etc.) so thank you so much GG!

Those new photo mode options will be fun to experiment with too.

NightOnyx

Another great update! GG has really been listening to the fans on what they want to add to the game. That gives me hope we will eventually see a NG+ mode. I would love to play through it again but I'm kind of waiting for that. I have plenty else to play, so I'm not in a big hurry, but hopefully we will get it eventually.

KodaRuss

hvvFbgx.jpg

How fucking cool. Damn they are kicking ass with the post launch patch support.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Another great update! GG has really been listening to the fans on what they want to add to the game. That gives me hope we will eventually see a NG+ mode. I would love to play through it again but I'm kind of waiting for that. I have plenty else to play, so I'm not in a big hurry, but hopefully we will get it eventually.

OléGunner;235573870 said:
Spit shine and elbow grease baby.

Dat thirst lol

For real man, all these quality of life improvements are a bit too late for me.
But if there's any beefy DLC incoming... oh boy.... oh boy.

Melchiah

Fixed an issue for some players where the fan would speed up when opening the map on a PS4 Pr

Every developer should make sure their games don't have weird fan murderers like that

Agreed. I was about to exchange my system because of it. Hopefully from now on that's something the developers will try to test thoroughly before their games are released.

Too late for me as I already platinumed it, but this makes me excited for the DLC, although I really hope they go full AddOn and release it on disc like Infamous or Uncharted. Or at least a GotY edition with all the content on the disc.

Omg yes...after the plat, felt like I would never jump back into this one for a while, now I can't wait for the DLC. It's pretty much day one. Great games just keep on getting better.

RootCause

Support for this game has been amazing. Can't think of another game getting this much love after release. Maybe TW3.

I need some dlc soon. :p

Hnnngggg! I already have the platinum, but I really want to play through it again and these new features are making it even more tempting. But I'm holding out for a NG+ mode.

EGM1966

That's a terrific listening update and many of those I'm sure will be base next time around as GG use the feedback to improve how they deliver their (linear narrative/open world delivery) vision - best way I'd sum up the core elements of the game.

Also it's clearly become one of those games were photo mode is a major extension of user interaction and experience.

Still can't believe we got this and Zelda within weeks of each other. 2017 has been the best year of this generation hands down for me. I loved Bloodborne and Uncharted, but these are classics being made here.

Kremzeek

Did the fix the HDR bug so I don't have to turn it off while taking pictures to avoid black-crush?

I think that's a problem with the PS4 system in general. It doesn't "know" that you're taking a photo in HDR mode, so when you view the photo back at the dashboard the levels are all janky.

They won't release a model/character viewer like in Uncharted 4 and Batman Arkham Knight? I asked them and they said they will check and that they listen to the community. :/

VanWinkle

Still can't believe we got this and Zelda within weeks of each other. 2017 has been the best year of this generation hands down for me. I loved Bloodborne and Uncharted, but these are classics being made here.

Not even within weeks of each other. Three DAYS between the two games.

Crazy.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
They won't release a model/character viewer like in Uncharted 4 and Batman Arkham Knight? I asked them and they said they will check and that they listen to the community. :/

This was a pretty big update that dealt with a ton of smaller issues people had. I'm sure its something they can add down the road in another beefy update if people are vocal enough. They certainly read the forums here.

This was a pretty big update that dealt with a ton of smaller issues people had. I'm sure its something they can add down the road in another beefy update if people are vocal enough. They certainly read the forums here.

I hope so. I asked the different leads in Guerilla team and the director said he will check with his team some time ago.

hydruxo

I hope we get a DLC tease at E3, but it's probably too early for that. I just want to dig back into Horizon lol. I've done everything there is to do in it.

Kilau

Yep, this why I still have the game installed even though I completed everything and got the plat.

pswii60

Screenshots and even videos cannot do this game justice.

I really can't convey just how stunning it looks in HDR on my OLED TV (on PS4 Pro). And just as it's made your jaw-drop, it then gets even better again, and again, and again.. as you progress through the game and discover new areas. It really is on another level altogether. Only Uncharted 4 comes close, and that wasn't open-world.

Perhaps excluding the original Crackdown, It's the first open-world game that I've truly enjoyed. There's not even the slightest bit of open-world jank in sight. It feels like an insanely polished linear game, only it isn't linear.

EDIT: I should say that I also thoroughly enjoyed BotW, and whilst nowhere near the same level of Horizon technically (obviously), it has similar characteristics in that it feels like a linear-quality experience but open-world. It's amazing that we've finally got to this level.. to a point where I can now actually enjoy open-world games. I look forward to seeing RDR2 later this year (hopefully) and where Rockstar can get to this generation too. What a year for gaming. Amazing.

I hope we get a DLC tease at E3, but it's probably too early for that. I just want to dig back into Horizon lol. I've done everything there is to do in it.

This patch honestly makes me want to do another play through.

Still a bit too soon I think. But those new poses for photo mode though....

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
still no option to turn off or tune down motion blur, eh? or did they add it with an earlier patch by now?

;_;..can't play the game. first game in years where I feel sick after a few minutes.

Agreed. I was about to exchange my system because of it. Hopefully from now on that's something the developers will try to test thoroughly before their games are released.

I wonder how it happens. Maybe their dev kits have better cooling so they don't notice it? Other games have had stuff like this too, where scenes with not a lot going on would make the fans go berserk. Like the blacksmith in Nioh and the helicopter in MGS5. It always makes me think something is overheating.

Mathieran

Banned
Oh man poses! That makes photo mode so much more fun for environmental photos. And hiding head gear is great.

Just need NG+ now. Do it!

Sensitivity Options!, Spanish Support!, Hide Headgear!, Selling Options!, Inventory Customization!

My girlfriend is gonna lose her damn mind when I tell her this.

Tyaren

They fixed the links to the images

34180117601_e29e6f091r2byd.jpg

33926737420_2946df435yuxv7.jpg

34180117631_a82931bce1slb3.jpg

Those are cool! :)
I was thinking about replaying the game. With all the new options I will spend even more hours in photomode though, I fear, lol.

still no option to turn off or tune down motion blur, eh? or did they add it with an earlier patch by now?

;_;..can't play the game. first game in years where I feel sick after a few minutes.

Also the weird smudging on the bottom of the screen during gameplay. I wish we could disable that as well.

Top Bottom