• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Updated photo mode + more coming to Horizon next week

I guess I am. I'm pretty confident GG can whip up some poses in two months time.
Again, this isn't about the time it takes to create the poses themselves, but then add it to a system that works in-game in an already well-optimized piece of software. For additions to their game that are not a whole new DLC and in fact add new animation RIG data, new filters, etc. means they had planned out the required resources during development. When they got around to actually recording or implementing the poses is irrelevant.

Gravity Rush 2 has poses in its photomode (and outside), lots of poses...
Blasphemy! Zelda invented selfies. Watch Dogs 2 doesn't exist.

They've single-handedly made this the best photomode in a PS4 game with the facial expressions and poses and that. Adjusting time of day was already huge for the photographic possibilities but I always hid Alloy in my shots. It will be fun to go back and make her an active participant in them. Love that aspect of BOTW's selfies. Expecting more expansive functionality here.

bitbydeath

Like for real.
I dont want to be mean, but Horizon is their best game by faaaar.
GG is no more just a technological powerhouse, they make legit games now.

Agreed, I think FPS games are jank tho, glad to see they have moved onto something more original.

Just read the full list of improvements. Holy shit. They fixed so many nitpicks, it's fucking insane. The QoL must be off the charts now. I'm bummed I already Platinumed it because those look like some pretty substantial changes but it's good to know they'll be the default in the sequel!

hvvFbgx.jpg

See...now I'm gonna have to reinstall the game.

rucury

Banned
this is an incredible update, so many QOL fixes... I'm so happy I have yet to beat the game, I'm really gonna enjoy this patch (especially the photo mode!)

Yo this post-launch support is incredible. And it's not like the game was a technical mess at launch. Might have to do a second playthrough earlier than expected..

The support GG is giving to an already great game is just ridiculous. I mean, holy hell, they're fixing basically every little complaint we had (in terms of UI, functionalities, and the occasional bugs) with each patch. Crazy.

I know it's not a particularly well loved game on GAF, but Killzone Shadow Fall received a lot of this kind of love from Guerrilla post-launch as well. They're absolutely phenomenal when it comes to supporting their games, whether it's new content or simple QOL upgrades.

It makes me so happy to see the love the studio is getting now with Horizon.

It's like the game is so solid already, they have no idea what to do and are patching in features that will literally please everyone. Can a game be too rock solid?

Shin-Ra

Fixed an issue where certain players selects graphics mode “4k resolution” while on a 1080p TV, it would give a flicker in the shadows of the distance indicators.
Maybe this was already fixed before but the HUD distance-marker shadows flickered at any output resolution.

kyser73

It would be interesting to see which of these feature updates are based around player response and which ones were already on the development roadmap but weren't able to be included at launch.

Also very glad I'm only about 1/3 into the game too - looking forward to not having the Pro go into SpaceX landing mode whenever I open the map!

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Fucking A.

Awesome update.

Decided to put Horizon and Andromeda on hold and wait for updates to enhance them while I finish off Wild Hunt and it's expansions since that game is Patched and Expanded to perfection already. Can't wait to jump back into Horizon afterwards though.

Well done GG.

Dr. A

No. Zelda was "inspired" by games like GTA and WatchDogs, not the other way around.

Zelda is a fine game, but the way people give it credit for inventing stuff that was in non Nintendo games for the past 10 years is.... annoying.

I suddenly remembered a NeoGAF thread started long ago postulating how GTA IV or V was inspired by the weapon wheel used in Skyward Sword. Which of course was already used by many games that predated it like the Max Payne series LOL.

Again, this isn't about the time it takes to create the poses themselves, but then add it to a system that works in-game in an already well-optimized piece of software. For additions to their game that are not a whole new DLC and in fact add new animation RIG data, new filters, etc. means they had planned out the required resources during development. When they got around to actually recording or implementing the poses is irrelevant.

Blasphemy! Zelda invented selfies. Watch Dogs 2 doesn't exist.
So much salt. Wonderful.

Melchiah

I suddenly remembered a NeoGAF thread started long ago postulating how GTA IV or V was inspired by the weapon wheel used in Skyward Sword. Which of course was already used by many games that predated it like the Max Payne series LOL.

Not to mention, Resistance: Fall of Man back in 2006. =D

Dr. A

:D

Anyway, back on topic: Kudoz to GG for listening to feedback and providing great support. Horizon is one helluva game and I can't wait for more substantial content (like DLC hopefully) to be announced.

RocknRola

Aww, man now I'm sad. I want more Resistance! Loved the first and third games to bits! Didn't quite enjoy the story in the 2nd one, but the co-op and mp were all the good kinds of crazy too!

#RebootResistanceInsomniac!!

dl77

Aww, man now I'm sad. I want more Resistance! Loved the first and third games to bits! Didn't quite enjoy the story in the 2nd one, but the co-op and mp were all the good kinds of crazy too!

I really didn't like 2, it felt rushed to me. 3 was a lot better apart from the ending.

RocknRola

I really didn't like 2, it felt rushed to me. 3 was a lot better apart from the ending.

Yeah, not sure what the deal with 2 was. It felt... "off" in basically everything. For me the 8 player co-op + 60 player MP were the best parts of it.

1 & 3 were fantastic games though (IMO at least).

So much salt. Wonderful.
Yeah. But you've been showed how inaccurate and misinformed your post were and yet you keep saying the same thing. Looks bad man...

Back on topic, I wonder what they will add for the DLC? We could use an arena mode and some new outfits and weapons perhaps. Maybe finally a NG+

RocknRola

Also people here talking about selfies in WD2 and Zelda and I was doing it in 2013 on the PS3 with GTAV :p And I'm sure that there likely were games before it with such a feature.

Melchiah

Agreed. I loved how the areas, like Burning Bridges, called for tactical play, and were good for repeated playthroughs. The sequel changed too much of what made the first special, and eventhough I enjoyed the third it's not so good for replays either.

Yeah. But you've been showed how inaccurate and misinformed your post were and yet you keep saying the same thing. Looks bad man...

Back on topic, I wonder what they will add for the DLC? We could use an arena mode and some new outfits and weapons perhaps. Maybe finally a NG+
How can it be inaccurate if I think that's what inspired GG in this instance? It's an opinion.

But people get riled up about Zelda and Nintendo and then pretend it's the 'Nintendo people' who feel so strongly about it. It's funny/a bit sad.

Übermatik;235686202 said:
Are people forgetting that Windwaker HD had an extremely popular 'selfie' mode too?
Yes.
Lol at giving credit to Zelda for inventing poses for photo mode.
I said inspire, not invent. Shrug.

Top Bottom