• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Updated photo mode + more coming to Horizon next week

Gradly

Wow this is amazing. I'm glad I haven't finished the game yet, only 2 trophies to platinum lol, cuz I know they are gonna update it. God job GG

Sensitivity Options!, Spanish Support!, Hide Headgear!, Selling Options!, Inventory Customization!

My girlfriend is gonna lose her damn mind when I tell her this.

I just wanna thank Hermen Hulst and the team personally for adding these features for my brother and girlfriend to enjoy the game, they'll definitely be able to pass the game this time. Keep on reading The Gaf Hermen and friends! Thanks again.

I just wanna thank Hermen Hulst and the team personally for adding these features for my brother and girlfriend to enjoy the game, they'll definitely be able to pass the game this time. Keep on reading The Gaf Hermen and friends! Thanks again.

Hermen "The Gaf" salutes you.

Great work!

Wait so if you bought Horizon in the United States up until now you couldn't play it with the Spanish dub, let alone even Spanish subtitles??? Is this true?

That seems like such an odd thing to miss! It's not like it couldn't fit into the game! I know this because my physical copy I bought in Mexico had options for three language tracks (English, Latin-American Spanish, and Brazilian Portuguese).

If there was a Spanish option Sony always tended to include it in the US release, and not only for Latinamerica/Europe (I know for a fact Uncharted had it since the first one. The Last of Us as well on PS3 and 4). This is so strange.

Just out of curiosity, what feature in this patch is the one that would have your gf excited? If it's the Spanish support I find that initial lack in the US copies is so bizarre since past Sony games did include it... my Mexican copy came with three language tracks (English, Spanish, Portuguese) so its not like it didn't fit! I would've loved the crafting icons showing in my screen a few weeks ago before I got my Platinum. Still glad they're adding those (now give me a NG+ and I'll beat it again!)

Solo Act

They had similarly great support of their Killzone games, so I'm not sure why we're all acting so surprised. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're getting deserved recognition, but they've been offering long-term and substantial patch support for their games for years now.

They had similarly great support of their Killzone games, so I'm not sure why we're all acting so surprised. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're getting deserved recognition, but they've been offering long-term and substantial patch support for their games for years now.
Because it's not common to see this kind of support weeks after the release of a strictly singlenplayer AAA game. Especially one that doesn't have microtransactions or any online bullshit whatsoever.

Just out of curiosity, what feature in this patch is the one that would have your gf excited? If it's the Spanish support I find that initial lack in the US copies is so bizarre since past Sony games did include it... my Mexican copy came with three language tracks (English, Spanish, Portuguese) so its not like it didn't fit! I would've loved the crafting icons showing in my screen a few weeks ago before I got my Platinum. Still glad they're adding those (now give me a NG+ and I'll beat it again!)

Actually it's sensitivity options, she isn't the third person shooter type, so even if she fairs well with machines type in Horizon, when it come to enemy Ai she gets stuck on those levels because bow aiming sensitivity makes killing humans hard for her.

Edit: I should add my brother to this too, he sucks at aiming.

Screenshots and even videos cannot do this game justice.

I really can't convey just how stunning it looks in HDR on my OLED TV (on PS4 Pro). And just as it's made your jaw-drop, it then gets even better again, and again, and again.. as you progress through the game and discover new areas. It really is on another level altogether. Only Uncharted 4 comes close, and that wasn't open-world.

Perhaps excluding the original Crackdown, It's the first open-world game that I've truly enjoyed. There's not even the slightest bit of open-world jank in sight. It feels like an insanely polished linear game, only it isn't linear.

EDIT: I should say that I also thoroughly enjoyed BotW, and whilst nowhere near the same level of Horizon technically (obviously), it has similar characteristics in that it feels like a linear-quality experience but open-world. It's amazing that we've finally got to this level.. to a point where I can now actually enjoy open-world games. I look forward to seeing RDR2 later this year (hopefully) and where Rockstar can get to this generation too. What a year for gaming. Amazing.
Yea I'm playing thought zelda now and it's just as amazing even without being as technically impressive. That's a great description for both really, they feel like linear experiences with how polished they are. In Zelda the in doors locations, discovery, quirky characters and art are a cut above the rest, while Horizon genuinely looks like a painting at times and Aloy's bow feels as good as a shooter with amazing boss fights. It's really hard to pick one over the other and you really have to play both.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Still so impressed that the developers went from Killzone to this. There's just no going back.

Great support.

Like for real.
I dont want to be mean, but Horizon is their best game by faaaar.
GG is no more just a technological powerhouse, they make legit games now.

Head.spawn

I think that's a problem with the PS4 system in general. It doesn't "know" that you're taking a photo in HDR mode, so when you view the photo back at the dashboard the levels are all janky.

Well Sony needs to get on with it then. They've had HDR for like 8 months now, probably had it in testing way before launch. No idea how they haven't sorted this out yet.

Good to know it isn't a game specific thing though.

Melchiah

I wonder how it happens. Maybe their dev kits have better cooling so they don't notice it? Other games have had stuff like this too, where scenes with not a lot going on would make the fans go berserk. Like the blacksmith in Nioh and the helicopter in MGS5. It always makes me think something is overheating.

It's very odd. Uncharted 4 and Tomb Raider had the same issue in their menus/maps. I contacted Sony's customer service about it, but they claimed it's normal when the system is under stress. Eventhough it's more quiet during the actual gameplay.

Man, I though I wasn't gonna go back into the game until the DLC but all these updates @_@

Didn't GTAV already do this?

Nice update, the one I'm looking forward to the most is hiding headgear

Yep, back in 2013. At this point I don't know if they are joking or just another one of the many serious posters who act like all the features in Zelda are ground-breaking / never-before-seen lol.

34039161570_d6c970b4cb_b.jpg

I'm done here. Guerrilla, I love you.

HardRojo

Wait so if you bought Horizon in the United States up until now you couldn't play it with the Spanish dub, let alone even Spanish subtitles??? Is this true?

That seems like such an odd thing to miss! It's not like it couldn't fit into the game! I know this because my physical copy I bought in Mexico had options for three language tracks (English, Latin-American Spanish, and Brazilian Portuguese).

If there was a Spanish option Sony always tended to include it in the US release, and not only for Latinamerica/Europe (I know for a fact Uncharted had it since the first one. The Last of Us as well on PS3 and 4). This is so strange.

It seems they started differentiating between US and Latam copies even further in the last couple of years, IIRC there was another first party game that didn't come with Spanish options in the US version. I have no issues with no Spanish in US copies since I don't play anything in Spanish (neither audio nor subs), but as of recently I've found myself unable to purchase US copies here at release, especially for first party releases, which is strange as a couple of years ago you could still easily find US copies of games that recently launched. I had to buy Latam versions of Dragon Ball XV2 and Horizon, which I don't mind now, but it's curious to see them taking this route. Hopefully they don't lock English out of Latam releases, ever, now that'd be really disappointing, but I also think they should stop this practice of not putting Spanish and Portuguese text and audio just because a copy is from the US.

This is all very cool, but please give me NG+ now so I can experience it.

Mathijs (the game director) replied to someone on Twitter and told them that they're aware of the requests for it. So, it's probably coming down the line. Although I wouldn't be surprised if it comes alongside the DLC.

GlamFM

Banned
Mathijs (the game director) replied to someone on Twitter and told them that they're aware of the requests for it. So, it's probably coming down the line. Although I wouldn't be surprised if it comes alongside the DLC.

Yep, solid assumption.

Other than new game plus the only other thing I need now is a second weapon wheel or a way that makes it easy to switch weapons without going into the inventory.

GG is amazing. I got my platinum for this a while ago. I've never taken so many screenshots...............about 6GB lol. By far my game of the generation. GG also gave me my game of the generation for the last generation as well. Amazing studio.

Kinyou

Version 1.20 will include a slider that will adjust the camera/aim sensitivity, supports a Map legend where you are able to filter on icons, more HUD customisation options (hide enemy stats, quest markers and tutorial tips), the ability to hide head gear, and more For a detailed list of patch notes please follow this link.
Good stuff. Map filters should have been there from the start but better late than never

LoveCake

Nice to see these updates, I am only about a third of the way through so far, the thing I would like to see is more storage space or a house or hut where you could drop items so they save in that space and you do not lose them.

GlamFM

Banned
It did, yeah. Still, I think Zelda inspired it here. Zelda has shown that it's okay to have a serious open world game and be silly with this type of shit at the same time.

No. Zelda was "inspired" by games like GTA and WatchDogs, not the other way around.

Zelda is a fine game, but the way people give it credit for inventing stuff that was in non Nintendo games for the past 10 years is.... annoying.

No. Zelda was "inspired" by games like GTA and WatchDogs, not the other way around.

Zelda is a fine game, but the way people give it credit for inventing stuff that was in non Nintendo games for the past 10 years is.... annoying.
Feel free to disagree. It's not like I've been isolated from those games; I own every console. Yet I still feel this way about it.

- More HUD customisation options (hide enemy stats, quest markers and tutorial tips)
- Added a sell stack option at merchants when double tapping the square icon.
- Added the option to categorize and sort your inventory.
- Added the feature in the Sell menu at merchants, you can now press triangle to mark one or more items to sell items quicker.

My next playthrough is going to be glorious. Please add NG+.

Banned
I am very impressed by this update and will be returning to the game. I hope Geurilla adds laser guns and machine gun and rocket launchers into the sequel, the combat was so fun when we got to use those kinds of weapons but they were heavily restricted :(. Some of us think the game would improve a lot if we got more firepower and weapon variety in addition to the bows and tactical weapons. Please Geurilla, make some fun weapons for us to blast the machines with in the next game and take the combat system to the next level of fun!

Feel free to disagree. It's not like I've been isolated from those games; I own every console. Yet I still feel this way about it.
Do you really think that GG made their first-ever open world game and didn't look at GTA for inspiration? We get it, you love Zelda, but enough already. This is not a "Zelda invented X thing and inspired Y game, even though those things existed or have been in development for years!" thread.

If you really think they saw Breath of the Wild and then magically coded up an entire plethora of systems for photo mode rather than having worked on them during development, you're just being blinded by your infatuation. These kinds of things are lined up during production, and if they aren't crucial to the main game they are set aside until the important stuff is fixed and then move on to those, even if its post-launch (+ based on what people ask for).

GlamFM

Banned

Must be why it's so hard to put together a satisfying timeline for Zelda.

Game keeps going back in time to invent stuff that was already there.

Do you really think that GG made their first-ever open world game and didn't look at GTA for inspiration? We get it, you love Zelda, but enough already. This is not a "Zelda invented X thing and inspired Y game, even though those things existed or have been in development for years!" thread.

If you really think they saw Breath of the Wild and then magically coded up an entire plethora of systems for photo mode rather than having worked on them during development, you're just being blinded by your infatuation. These kinds of things are largely figured out and lined up during production, and if they aren't crucial the the main game they are pushed aside until they can get to them, even if its post-launch (and based on what people ask for).
I'm only talking about the poses thing. Where are you getting all this

Must be why it's so hard to put together a satisfying timeline for Zelda.

Game keeps going back in time to invent stuff that was already there.
Look​ at you being clever

Zelda made that joke first tho

zma1013

Poses and faces. This is going to turn into Garry's Mod now, I just know it lol

Glad we can remove headgear. There's that one armor set that looks like she has a diaper on her head.

I can confirm, several of my friends got the game confident that it'd be in spanish but no, just english and french.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Sizeable expansion when?

Online Hunters Lodge mode when?

I loved Horizon and platinumed it. The lore and worldbuilding was insane. The plot twists and revelations could have fallen flat but its so satisfying and well written. Just give me a reason to go back to it.

I'm only talking about the poses thing. Where are you getting all this
Console game development works by maximizing usage of all available resources at the target FPS. If you think they saw BotW and just suddenly came up with the poses out of thin air since release, rather than having it in the design doc and just not 100% ready then you are simply misinformed or willfully ignorant. The fact that they were able to add poses, looking at the camera, extra filters, etc. means they had set aside resources for it in the main game.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
In case anyone missed it in the awesomeness of the other big things this patch is adding, the patch will also fix how the PS4 Pro's fans randomly go into high mode when you access the map screen.

Console game development works by maximizing usage of all available resources at the target FPS. If you think they saw BotW and just suddenly came up with the poses out of thin air since release, rather than having it in the design doc and just not 100% ready then you are simply misinformed or willfully ignorant.
I guess I am. I'm pretty confident GG can whip up some poses in two months time.

Top Bottom