• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni Vita Confirmed for NA/EU Published by PQube.

Yukinari

I dont know anything about Valkeyrie Drive except for seeing some of the best scenes of the anime. If you appreciate nipples, kissing and butts then its truely a work of art.

Yep. Ken Berry from XSEED said something in the same vein not too long ago akin to, "Why would we change something when it's going to alienate our target market?"

No business sense or justification for it. Can't wait to get my hands on this game. Loved killing with SK.

Would be nice if other companies shared this mentality. Maybe then Team Ninja wouldnt be so afraid to release DoAX3 in the west.

Numb

These are the main characters of the game

7f9c846afb120fa6ba2aeb4c88efdfa2bb833bb7_hq.gif

Rinka Kagurazaka and Ranka Kagurazaka

they are sisters.
Been waiting for this got
Circle is complete

SerTapTap

"Sisters" oh boy.
Apparently the one bad thing about this game is that its way easier than senran kagura.

Main game yes (the "hard" mode is a joke, it just takes longer to defeat enemies), but the survival/challenge modes are properly hard. Not as well balanced as SK but still really fun. Deeper combat (as you might expect considering the drastically smaller cast).

My biggest complaint is that Shopkeep is my fav and she's not playable. But Viola is very close second best so it's fine.

SerTapTap

Yeah, if something like this came over "painlessly" makes me wonder why some make changes.

It's mostly about certain companies trying to keep their Brand™ kid-safe or being general wussies. Only instances I can recall where loc changes were totally required was preeeeeetty skevy shit (visibly pre-pubescent and/or consent issues). It's strange and honestly gross that people seem to conflate "girls with big titties and small clothes" on the same level as that but fortunately the ESRB doesn't actually agree.

chrono01

"We generally don’t take on these kinds of projects if we’re not confident we can release it in the west without cutting or changing content. Changing the source material kind of defeats the purpose of doing it in the first place, so that is not something we even consider unless we literally have no other options".

Now this is what I like to hear. Keep up the great work, PQube!

Now bring on the Limited Edition!

Game is back up on shopto for £22.85 which is criminally cheap. Not sure for NA but for EU that's 27€ + shipping

Converting that would make it just under $30 without shipping, then again Shopto doesn't allow for importing and Amazon will surely be getting it as well, which it's $32 (+tax depending on state) and free shipping with Prime.

"We generally don’t take on these kinds of projects if we’re not confident we can release it in the west without cutting or changing content. Changing the source material kind of defeats the purpose of doing it in the first place, so that is not something we even consider unless we literally have no other options".

Now this is what I like to hear. Keep up the great work, PQube!

Now bring on the Limited Edition!

I wasn't going to buy Double Peace but these guys are doing great stuff so feels like I should be supporting them.

Yeah I'll buy GalGun to show support. It may not be the best game, but sometimes I prefer "weird" to "good" and I'd love to see more like this

I'm sure I've spent money on worse things

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OUCH, $80, not to mention $8 shipping for those in the US, so that's almost $90. Doesn't help it's exclusive to their store, meaning no Amazon or Best Buy discounts.

.....if only I could get it as a b-day gift, considering it comes out 5 days before my birthday...

chrono01

I'm going to wait until they put up the NA version of the CE and then I'll make the pre-order. It sounds like they're working on making that happen, so it shouldn't be long.

Speaking of long, Sept. 16th is a lot sooner than I expected. O_O

muteki

OUCH, $80, not to mention $8 shipping for those in the US, so that's almost $90. Doesn't help it's exclusive to their store, meaning no Amazon or Best Buy discounts.

.....if only I could get it as a b-day gift, considering it comes out 5 days before my birthday...

Do we have reason to believe it won't be on Amazon in the US?

Sealtest

Seems to be almost the same as JP LE which is great. But are these LEs usually limited to rice digital? Being Canadian this might hurt shipping

chrono01

Seems to be almost the same as JP LE which is great. But are these LEs usually limited to rice digital? Being Canadian this might hurt shipping
I have the Mr. Happiness Edition of Gal Gun being shipped here for free. At the time, they were offering free worldwide shipping. I hope the same applies to Valkyrie Drive.

muteki

The LE wont be

Yep it's most likely exclusive

Oh, well I'm not too bummed as long as I get a physical version. I just have a hard time reading "exclusive" on a UK retailer's site and understanding what that means from a NA perspective. And yeah, I'd rather have a 20% discount.

Shame though, as XSEED got us LE's for the SK games.

Oh, well I'm not too bummed as long as I get a physical version. I just have a hard time reading "exclusive" on a UK retailer's site and understanding what that means from a NA perspective.

Shame though, as XSEED got us LE's for the SK games.
PQube is based in UK, so US distribution isn't easy, but at least they try compared to what some US companies do in EU (I.e. nothing) There will probably be a physical version through Amazon, but the LE is exclusive to Rice as the two companies are connected

Sealtest

Please be PSTV compatible.

Should be since the JP version was but some of the stuff in closet requiring touch was iffy.

If I import that LE from rice digital i'd be paying more then I paid for my JP le.. really on the fence now. But i'm guessing this will be the only Valkyrie Drive product that will ever be made for the west so I guess I need 2.

Will most likely get this
then not play it like a chunk of my other Vita games

I'm curious if we'll ever get anything like Omega Labyrinth or if D3 would hold back from it. Then again, we've gotten 3 Onechanbara games...

Tohsaka

Damn, September is packed if you like Japanese games. I'll pick up the standard edition but might not play it right away.

Sealtest

If I preorder valkyrie drive LE now and rice digital eventually makes an NA one would they switch my item to the NA one if I asked? I'm guessing people who ordered gal gun copies mightve done this.

where do you get $8 from? they wanted to charge me 30 for gun gal.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
where do you get $8 from? they wanted to charge me 30 for gun gal.
"Shipping Pricing FREE UK SHIPPING When you spend just £50 or more

UK Orders under £50 3-5 days delivery: £1.99
Next day delivery: £3.99

EU / Worldwide From just £5.99"

Granted, I haven't tried actually ordering it to see what it would cost, but those are the prices I see on the product page. Though I guess that's just the cheapest.

Edit: WELP, $30 for me, making it $110 for the LE. Wasn't interested before at $80, sure as hell ain't going for freakin' $110.

chrono01

I'm saddened to see that they're not offering free worldwide shipping anymore. Maybe Gal Gun was more popular than they expected, and now the excitement is carrying into Valkyrie Drive? I know a lot of fans, myself included, are happy regarding their stance on censorship. That could be helping things.

$30 for shipping to Canada though, and payment up-front. I'll have to think on this. :(

Pre-order bonus confirmed for the US.

.....it's just the 8 artcards that comes with the LE.

Where does it say that's for US? PQube pre-order bonusses are usually retailer specific, for Gal Gun only two in the UK had something and amazon.com has nothing.
I'm saddened to see that they're not offering free worldwide shipping anymore. Maybe Gal Gun was more popular than they expected, and now the excitement is carrying into Valkyrie Drive? I know a lot of fans, myself included, are happy regarding their stance on censorship. That could be helping things.

$30 for shipping to Canada though, and payment up-front. I'll have to think on this. :(

Something changed at Rice recently, it seems like they're shipping courier/insured now? No idea. I asked VGP if they'll get the LE and they're looking into it. Tweeting poth PQube and VGP probably doesn't hurt if you're interested. Really sucks for people outside EU

Top Bottom