• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vestaria Saga (Creator of Fire Emblem) Releases on December 27th

Clarissa

Banned
Steam only for now. They are a really small team so Idk if they have the manpower to make it for consoles.

Madonis

I believe this was originally a free Japanese game, so you're essentially paying for the translation.

Which doesn't bother me, I'll check it out, but it should be made known.

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Wow, that does, indeed, look like Fire Emblem. I'm optimistic, because the most recent FE was so far removed from what I want in an FE game that I'm kinda starving for a real FE-style game now.

Hopefully, it'll come out on GOG, too. Dangen Entertainment is the publisher , so I suspect it will.

Last edited:

Isa

I'll get it, though I'm not too keen on the art style. Thanks for the heads up. Also, what's a guy gotta do to get some Shining Force love sometime? Good lord Sega get on it! They've been making great strategy rpgs for a while now, I'd love to see them retry a title in the SF saga again. I need my Centaur waifu action.

Saber

Gold Member
FE creator eh? That caughts my attention.

Although, I'm not very fond of buying games for steam(even though I have some). Gonna have a look at it.

cabbage5k2

Is it only on Steam? If it gets released on PS4 or Switch I will be all over this.

I would love to see this happen, the irony would be quite great.

I'll get it, though I'm not too keen on the art style. Thanks for the heads up. Also, what's a guy gotta do to get some Shining Force love sometime? Good lord Sega get on it! They've been making great strategy rpgs for a while now, I'd love to see them retry a title in the SF saga again. I need my Centaur waifu action.

They did release a new Shining game... only it's nothing like Shining Force whatsoever.

Clarissa

Banned
My friends who are Nintendo fans and praise Fire Emblem are all ignoring this game because it's not on the Switch. Sigh....
I wish people would love games instead of consoles....

-Arcadia-

Banned
I personally enjoyed FE 3H, in my opinion pretty damn good FE game.

I do need to play it, but after the back-to-back performance on 3DS, and the features and look of the new game, I’m pretty skeptical. I also watched an hour or so of it on YouTube, and was... whelmed.

Compare that to here, where I was interested in seconds.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I do need to play it, but after the back-to-back performance on 3DS, and the features and look of the new game, I’m pretty skeptical. I also watched an hour or so of it on YouTube, and was... whelmed.

Compare that to here, where I was interested in seconds.
I personally l like monastery section because not only lets me build my unites however I want but also let me get to know the characters and I really liked the cast here. I played both Awakening and Fates on in my 3DS honest opinion 3Houses is much, much better game.

But in the end it’s your choice if you really not liking what you saw then trust your instinct. I LOVED 3Houses but it does stuff differently from past game that might turn some people off.

Last edited:

Ivellios

Im almost buying it, just want to know first from people here, is the game as good as older GBA Fire Emblems? How is difficulty/permadeath?

Top Bottom