[VGA] The Outer Worlds

Sep 26, 2009
St. Louis
I thought this was a successor to VGA Planets for a minute...(from the thread title).

I find games like this, where you "fight the corporations", that Microsoft (and maybe Sony) are probably the very sort of corporation these people would be fighting against.

Last edited:

Al3x1s

Neo Member
Nov 24, 2018
Really hope this isn't anything close to Rage2/Borderlands3 and balances action/story/exploration differently. I'm glad to see it looking so polished, just hope the polish doesn't mean less out-of-shooting stuff. This video didn't really do anything to make the story/lore/setting look very well thought out what with the Borderlands-esque jokes but then again it was just a super short reveal, hopefully it goes in-depth.

Last edited:
May 10, 2018
I'm confused. This looks to be in the same engine as Skyrim/Fallout 4 right?
It's because the global lighting in the trailer look very similar to Fallout 4/76 .(cheap and dated)
But Obsidian are not pro at 3D render it's still a small studio, and it's not a big deal since their game have other quality...

Let's just hope The Outer Worlds will be modding friendly so we can enhance what Obsidian couldn't.

Last edited:

Fbh

Dec 6, 2013
Best announcement of the event. Looks awesome.

Reminds me of both Fallout and Borderlands but by a dev with a far better writing team (and not as technically incompetent as Bethesda)

Last edited: