• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita "hacked," (PSP) homebrew on the way (not piracy)

Eh? Read it again. Emulators will be available.

- Package Installation

That means *.pkg files, including homebrew and emulators.
Welp.. I have been out way too long to have understood that haha.. Will follow this closely now and figure out which game I need, thx :)

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Please don't take my word for it, but I hear the Ape Escape RPG free demo could be used as an exploit. Anyone know if that's true?

Rich!

Would be kinda "funny" if this leads to piracy on Vita. I mean, first it was OtherOS, and now PSM. Both attempts to give homebrew legally to the systems, then it ended up backfiring big time. I guess Sony will learn from this.

It's not a question of whether it will or not anymore.

It will.

Please don't take my word for it, but I hear the Ape Escape RPG free demo could be used as an exploit. Anyone know if that's true?

Yes. Download it.

Get puzzle scape too if you're in the EU just to be safe. It's only 99p.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I was on 3.51 for rejuvinate, but I never even installed it. This looks bigger than that though, guess I should update?

Edit: Yeah, forcing games on PSTV would be amazing, but I don't know how games that require touch controls would work.

AAMARMO

Banned
Yes, but its not a PSP. If the N3DS can run SNES full speed with sound (see my recent thread) then native Vita emulation sure as shit can.

Also, ape quest demo is one of the games. It's free. Puzzle Scape (EU) is 99p.

Get them now as they won't be available for long.

is ape quest demo Ape Quest™ Starter Pack also in eu

Flandy

So if I'm on the latest Vita firmware am I out of luck? :\
Does anyone know if we'll be able to access the PS Store too? P4D coming up so I need the store

Scavenger

I still have my Vita on 3.51 in case I ever want to use Rejuvenate, but Rejuvenate isn't very practical to use. Looks like I'll have to update to 3.52 if this turns out to be true.

Prezhulio

Time to finally plug in my pstv since a demo can exploit it lol.

Didn't want to mess with cfw stuff on my vita proper at the risk of breaking remote play but this will be nice for emulators on pstv.

Last question... Is it okay to download the games and keep your psn on the vita? My account being banned isnt worth it for me since I have like years of ps+ content on it

Roldan

So... How do I download the Ape Quest demo?

I couldn't find it on the Vita store, so I went to the browser store and added the demo to my download list. I checked it on my Vita and the game was there, but it seems that I can't download it.

Do I need to download from PS3 and transfer to Vita?

I'm using a NA account, btw.

Rich!

O-okay

will this thing run on less than 3.52 if i get one down the line? >.<

I actually would recommend the opposite. A PSTV is dirt cheap. Buy one now and update it just in case.

I would also make it clear that the pastebin is from a very reliable source. But so far those are the only details we have to go on.

5amshift

Banned
Sony's own fault for not allowing more of their games to be compatible on PlayStation TV so I fully support this hack.

Will need to grab that ape demo once I'm home later just in case!

test_account

XP-39C²
...Just wait. If you don't own a PSP2TV, it isn't worthwhile (yet) to get.
This one?

psp2tv-hands-on-20051110075015077-000.jpg

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
So... How do I download the Ape Quest demo?
Just letting you guys know how it went for me, but I downloaded that demo way back in the day, and it wasn't showing up on my Vita dl list at all. It did show up on my PS3 dl list though, so possibly the only way to get that on a Vita again is with a PS3 transfer.

Edit: I'm on the US store.

Are there any easy guides to figure out this CFW stuff? I don't remember having difficulties with it on the PSP/3DS. I find the Vita very complicated.

flux1

Finally I'll be able to play Wipeout 2048 on that PSTV I got for cheap. Glad I didn't spring for an actual Vita just for that one game.

spons

Gold Member
Just letting you guys know how it went for me, but I downloaded that demo way back in the day, and it wasn't showing up on my Vita dl list at all. It did show up on my PS3 dl list though, so possibly the only way to get that on a Vita again is with a PS3 transfer.

Works fine via the EU store here, shows up in the download list, just got Puzzle Scape and downloading the demo now.

Rich!

Works fine via the EU store here, shows up in the download list, just got Puzzle Scape and downloading the demo now.

Yeah, worked for me too.

However world of pool didn't. And I paid five quid for that shit. I have a funny feeling Sony are on the ball here...

Roldan

Huh, as I expected. Time to plug my PS3 again, I guess. Thanks!

I still can't quite believe that pastebin because it reads so much like a fantasy list of what you would want in a Vita CFW that it seems unbelievable, especially in light of the previous posts about the 3.52 exploit games being memory restricted and how everything since 3.18 has been more and more restricted in what the hacks can do. But one can always hope!

Rich!

Yes, exactly. Probably has better game support than the actual PSP2TV Sony trotted out.

Only reason to dump $20-40 on that shit is for this hack.

I bought mine for Danganronpa Ultra Despair Girls and it was worth every penny for it. So much better for that kind of third person shooter than the cramped controls on the Vita.

mattiewheels

One question, I have a TN-V hack on 3.18 using Talkman Tokyo. When this new one comes out, could I possibly use the same exploit I have now, or would I have to update and use a different exploit to do this?

jrush64

Banned
Can someone please explain things clearly to me. My vita is on 3.51. I'm about to download Ape Quest demo with my ps3.

Should I update to 3.52 or keep it at 3.51?

Firehead

Alright, I've got a Vita 3G that's on 3.36. Any reason I should stay on this version, or should I just update now while 3.52 is up?

Flandy

So I gotta download ape quest on PS3 and hen transfer? Wasn't letting me download it on my PSTV. U.S. PSN

Edit: wait puzzle scape? Why did I think ape quest?

Top Bottom