• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita "hacked," (PSP) homebrew on the way (not piracy)

sensui-tomo

we need to put website links, for both NA and EU on here and instructions and what you'll need. We dont want any accidents where someone does something stupid and messes up their handheld. Please dont require a ps3.

So there's about to be a new Vita hack that finally enables piracy or will lead to it at least. Neat...but it also bypasses the PSTV whitelist? Now that is awesome. Can't wait. Any ETA?

What? Any actual details?

I really just want a hack that lets me keep psn and run native homebrew in a convenient way

3.52 confirmed I guess...

CPnEucZWgAAZ--D.jpg

i hope thats the case since I'm on 3.52

flux1

Once you can play games that have been dumped and even modded, wouldn't getting rid of the cart requirement somewhat easy?

Thanks for the email info, thats awesome.

The way I understood it was you still need the cart to boot the game, but it uses the internal files from that point forward. So if its still the same, you can't really pirate off that.

No idea if this will be modified by someone down the line to enable it though.

Perona

I have the PSM hack working but I'm finding it to not be worth it. Will I need to buy anything for this new hack/should I just update?

Soulflarz

Banned
Enabling piracy doesn't surprise me at all

Something something was only a matter of time something something

edit: but yes id rather that "market" held off until the thing died :/

MUnited83

For you.
The way I understood it was you still need the cart to boot the game, but it uses the internal files from that point forward. So if its still the same, you can't really pirate off that.

No idea if this will be modified by someone down the line to enable it though.
Assuming the dumps can be uncrypted easily, couldnt you just switch the game files of one game for the other , with just the files that indentify the game left? You could do that on PS3 and "mask" games. Theorically one even could do a backup manager that would be able to this process at will with several games using only one CART.
Of course, these are only assumptions on my end.

Although I do question the point of backups if you still need to bring and use the cart to boot it anyways . Well, at least it would allow you for mods/translation patches, like you said, that would be pretty nice, but thats assuming the dumps will even be decrypted any time soon.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
So I guess if this is coming tomorrow then it was a different exploit than the one they were talking about on Wololo's page. They were holding that one till PS4 3.0 I believe.

flux1

The PSTV Whitelist bypass is probably my favorite thing coming from this. Can finally play my copy of Ys MoC and other titles on the TV finally.

I imported a JP one just to play and never got into it as I figured I'd need a translation guide.

I would have bought a US one if they enabled support, but since this is coming first I'll get a used US one instead.

Still, having the JP version is a nice novelty since I like the Ys series.

Rich!

Such a kickass week for homebrew. Firstly the insane progress of retroarch on the New 3DS over the past few days, the WUP downloader and GameCube pad as the pro controller hack for the Wii U and now this!

I can play full speed SNES on my 3DS and use a GameCube controller to play Mario 3D world and Wind Waker HD. Two weeks ago neither were possible.

MrHoot

If anything, I won't be hacking vita games much if at all but i'll be crazy happy to have old console emulation (well, granted if emulators work already for vita).

Playing gameboy game was the comfiest on psp and I lost mine some time ago and felt lazy to rebuy one cheap

Rich!

“Searching for a cheap Vita on Ebay“ which is the “best“Vita to get? Oled? Or LCD? Pros and cons?

I had an oled, then swapped for a Slim.

Slim is amazing. Significantly better ergonomics, better battery life, 1GB internal memory, start and select buttons are better, it has a standard micro USB port for charging and linking and the screen is the best LCD I've seen on a handheld console.

Will never go back. The only benefit the original has is maybe the OLED, and even then that's down to personal preference.

Cleve

“Searching for a cheap Vita on Ebay“ which is the “best“Vita to get? Oled? Or LCD? Pros and cons?

I've owned both. I stuck with the slim one because I found it comfier to hold. Also, my lcd screen is comparable to the oled unit I had, but I hear that can be a bit of a crapshoot.

c0de

I had an oled, then swapped for a Slim.

Slim is amazing. Significantly better ergonomics, start and select buttons are better, it has a standard micro USB port for charging and linking and the screen is the best LCD I've seen on a handheld console.

Will never go back.

Thanks, this is awesome. I expect better performance than on a pi 2 with retroarch. I mean this is all I want. A mobile console with good emulation support. Many years I waited, now it seems to be there (yeah, I know of 3ds but seriously, it doesn't stand a chance against vita). Even the tv now seems interesting to me (and my pi can finally be turned into a router).

Top Bottom