• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita Hardware/OS/Firmware Updates Tips, Tricks, and Discussion

whitehawk

Banned
Try launching an. The PSN store for example. If you tap twice really fast, the little bubble that moves toward the centre disappears for some reason.

jcm

Any case recommendations? I was considering the Waterfield Vita CitySlicker. It's expensive, but looks really nice. Has anyone bought one?

My bundle order was postponed due to the hurricane, and the anticipation is killing me. I might just start buying accessories to tide me over.

Shai-Tan

Banned
I'd like a case that fits in a pocket without too much bulk that holds as many games as possible. I'm also open to suggestions to modify existing cases to hold games. I've got that official case that turns into a stand, seems like there is a lot of space where games could go if I could somehow rig it to have game storage. I'm starting to buy more retail games as I run out of space, trying to reserve the internal memory for psn only, multiplayer, or long term repeatable games like Hot Shots.

Any case recommendations? I was considering the Waterfield Vita CitySlicker. It's expensive, but looks really nice. Has anyone bought one?

My bundle order was postponed due to the hurricane, and the anticipation is killing me. I might just start buying accessories to tide me over.

I actually really like how that cityslicker looks... I do have a problem with no zipper/only a flap covering, but it certainly looks slick (haha! no? ok). Hopefully someone has some reviews of this that could alleviate fears of the flap

Yaska

Got my Vita back, no way I'm upgrading firmware for quite a while. Legend of Dragoon on vita, here I come!

spookyfish

OK ... with the Assassin's Creed bundle, I have joined the VitaVerse.

What a nice piece of kit. I haven't even played a game yet -- I just downloaded and transferred Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3 from my Archives set. Just having those complete on a handheld ... wow. Next is the Final Fantasy series, I suppose.

Really looking forward to getting into Vita gaming--both with retro games and new titles.

Astra

Picked up a screen protector for my Vita. I really hate putting these things on. No matter what I do, there are always air bubbles I have to spend an hour pushing out with a credit card. Aside from that, at least I can't even notice it.
Now I just have to wait for my Persona 4 to ship, and I'll have a case and face cover, too.

darkwing

Picked up a screen protector for my Vita. I really hate putting these things on. No matter what I do, there are always air bubbles I have to spend an hour pushing out with a credit card. Aside from that, at least I can't even notice it.
Now I just have to wait for my Persona 4 to ship, and I'll have a case and face cover, too.

i highly recommended the face cover from Hori

OK ... with the Assassin's Creed bundle, I have joined the VitaVerse.

What a nice piece of kit. I haven't even played a game yet -- I just downloaded and transferred Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3 from my Archives set. Just having those complete on a handheld ... wow. Next is the Final Fantasy series, I suppose.

Really looking forward to getting into Vita gaming--both with retro games and new titles.

Yep, you can get FF I through IX on your vita :p

Oshimai

i bought the brown cityslicker case from this waterfield

psvita-case-muzetto-lg.jpg

imo is aesthetically superior compared to all other cases i have seen while maintaining is durability. my next choice would be this one: http://www.play-asia.com/PSVita_Pla...Strap_black/paOS-13-71-1ao-49-en-70-4fad.html

it looks like this:

pa.206437.1.jpg

Hi guys I have a question regarding the screen. When im on a black screen (loading, etc.) i have dark sploches all over the screen. Is this normal or is this burn in? If it matters i have the new white vita.

Afrikan

I'm sure I'm not the first to mention this...but I wish there was a way to have an easy on/off Wifi toggle.....be it holding down the PS Home button or in the main menu.

I hate having to go through settings just to get there....and lately my Vita has not been automatically connecting to various Access points like it used to.

Massa

The Vita OS is missing two essential features imo:

1. HTML5 video, or at least open the Youtube app from the Web Browser, Twitter and other apps;

2. The ability to switch between any type of app without losing its state - for example, save a game's state to storage if I want to run the Web Browser instead of warning me that it has to be closed.

Astra

i highly recommended the face cover from Hori

The face cover and case that come with the P4 Solid Gold Edition are both Hori, so I'm set!

I noticed this single, tiny hair under my screen protector. It's driving me insane, but I don't really want to lift it to try and get it out. My luck, I'll get even more under there.

Enojado

I have this case in orange. Love it. It's like a mini murse for my Vita :)

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Thanks for the info. So they dissappear over time?

They actually do.
I remember the first few months I'd notice them a lot in when the screen would go black.

But now, there's just a few tiny ones near the edges of the screen instead of being everywhere.
Quite pleased.

SoulFist

I just ordered the Assassins Creed Liberation bundle, and I'm worried about getting the white vita dirty with my sweaty hands, so I'm looking for a nice case. Does anyone have any recommendations? I was thinking about something like this http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0079YD2I2/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Something like an otterbox but I'm not sure if there are better options or if I should stay away from those kinds of cases. Thanks in advance guys.

the3ye

so my white VITA glows in the dark, lol
Is it me or the front shell is translucent? Mostely because of that idiotic blue indicator. Why did they force it to be "on" all the time :/

Varth

I seem to remember that a recent FW update locked the account/card/console even tighter than before, right? Right now is there any way to share a game between 2 consoles? Maybe by downloading it on an account created specifically for that game?

Gintoki

I'm using this headset and the game sound comes from it, but I want it to be only for the sound of the person I'm chatting with and the game sound to be from the Vita itself. Is it possible?

Ran rp

so my white VITA glows in the dark, lol
Is it me or the front shell is translucent? Mostely because of that idiotic blue indicator. Why did they force it to be "on" all the time :/

The black Vita does the same thing. I actually put black tape over the indicator because I can't stand it and when it lights up in a dark room you can see the front shell light up all around the edges. Edit: Actually, that might be my Hori screen protector.

So I know the Vita doesn't let you add a message when sending a friend request, but the PS3 does. If you use a PS3 to send a request with a message to a Vita user, will the Vita user see that message?

Massa

So I know the Vita doesn't let you add a message when sending a friend request, but the PS3 does. If you use a PS3 to send a request with a message to a Vita user, will the Vita user see that message?

You'll see the friend request and a message, separately.

the3ye

PSY・S;43889588 said:
The black Vita does the same thing. I actually put black tape over the indicator because I can't stand it and when it lights up in a dark room you can see the front shell light up all around the edges. Edit: Actually, that might be my Hori screen protector.

My black one didn't glow...weird

i-Lo

Don't know if it has been inquired before but:

Does anyone know the size of OS RAM footprint? What part of it comes from system RAM and VRAM? Also, is the OS footprint locked in or can it be reduced through firmware updates (like with PS3)?

Foxix Von

Hi guys I have a question regarding the screen. When im on a black screen (loading, etc.) i have dark sploches all over the screen. Is this normal or is this burn in? If it matters i have the new white vita.

Yeah, splotches, weird lines, and such are all normal for oled screens. Mine in particularly doesn't look very nice. There are tons of vertical lines all over the screen, I don't really understand why people like the vita's screen so much but the contrast is excellent. Other than that? eeehhh.

Anyway, it's called "mura" give it a google :D

Kazerei

Banned
Question about backing up saves to PC. It seems that if the save is stored on the game card (instead of external memory card), it can't be backed up. Can anyone help verify this? The two such games I have are Virtua Tennis 4 and Virtue's Last Reward.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Question about backing up saves to PC. It seems that if the save is stored on the game card (instead of external memory card), it can't be backed up. Can anyone help verify this? The two such games I have are Virtua Tennis 4 and Virtue's Last Reward.
This is true.
There's nothing on the memory card save for the icon. If you look at the bubble info it will read 0kb.

Skyzard

Banned
That looks great Oshimai.

I now just load up the group messenger app to send a message over then click their name in the app which loads up their profile within the same application and I just click the button to add a friend that way. Hopefully they update it soon but it's not too much trouble this way. Aka don't need to use friends app + messenger app.

onken

Sorry I have been out of the loop for a while so forgive me if this question is dumb but all the PS1 games I bought on PSN, can I just redownload and play on Vita now?

Cartman86

Banned
Sorry I have been out of the loop for a while so forgive me if this question is dumb but all the PS1 games I bought on PSN, can I just redownload and play on Vita now?

I believe not every PSone game on the PS3 and PSP work yet on the Vita, but a lot of them do, and yes you can just download them directly to the Vita or transfer them from the PS3 at no extra cost.

onken

I believe not every PSone game on the PS3 and PSP work yet on the Vita, but a lot of them do, and yes you can just download them directly to the Vita or transfer them from the PS3 at no extra cost.

Cool! I'm totally going to go try that now!

So when it comes to custom skins and vinyl stickers, I'm usually on the "no no" side. But I've recently placed this icarbon Carbon Fiber vinyl sticker on my Macbook Pro Retina and it looks spectacular.

They make them for Vita as well. but here I think it walks the line between slick and tacky, maybe more towards the latter.

They make them in different colors and textures, but I think that would be going too far.

I can confirm that the feel of the material (on my macbook) is excellent.

in case anyone is curious...

Link
http://www.icarbons.com/collections/ps-vita

darkwing

the game won't show up on the list? pretty sure i saw GR on my list

Jawmuncher

So when it comes to custom skins and vinyl stickers, I'm usually on the "no no" side. But I've recently placed this icarbon Carbon Fiber vinyl sticker on my Macbook Pro Retina and it looks spectacular.

They make them for Vita as well. but here I think it walks the line between slick and tacky, maybe more towards the latter.

They make them in different colors and textures, but I think that would be going too far.

I can confirm that the feel of the material (on my macbook) is excellent.

in case anyone is curious...

Link
http://www.icarbons.com/collections/ps-vita

That is pretty sexy

Top Bottom