• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita Hardware/OS/Firmware Updates Tips, Tricks, and Discussion

RyL

Banned
Can someone post a video or description for the account switching trick with 1.8? (to avoid the formating)

Saw a video on youtube yonks ago but I just can't find it anymore. I searched through my whole view history and google gives nothing but news about the locking of memory cards and that's it, so annoying!

softie

Can someone post a video or description for the account switching trick with 1.8? (to avoid the formating)

Saw a video on youtube yonks ago but I just can't find it anymore. I searched through my whole view history and google gives nothing but news about the locking of memory cards and that's it, so annoying!
doesn't work anymore with 1.8

you have to format your memcard to use it with another acc.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Tip/Trick:

If you have PSVita official stand,plug your headphone to the stand headphone jack and the the sound quality will be slightly better than using the headphone jack(I think it's because the Digital-to-Analog Converter with the Vita USB(?) output is better than the one with the Vita original headphone output)

yes it's kinda hard to play while the stand is on the Vita but you get better audio.

megalowho

Loving the white Vita, beautiful piece of hardware. Thought they already nailed the look and feel out of the gate for the most part, but this model is just so damn clean. Definite contender for future "best looking console" threads.

Astra

I know this has probably been discussed at length already, so apologies for bringing it up again, but I just recently bought my Vita, and then learned of the black spots on the screen.

From what I could gather from google, they should only be visible on a black screen, in low lighting conditions. For the most part, I can only see them in such instances, but there are a few spots I can see while playing a game.
For example, while playing Assassin's Creed, I can see some spots when they are over some of the darker terrain, such as the wood of stairs. These particular spots are pretty easy to notice compared to the rest of the black spots on the screen.

So my question is, if these particular spots are also normal, given how easy they are to notice, or if I should exchange my Vita?

Is there any way to extend the amount of time the system can be idle before it knocks down the brightness? Even turning standby to 10 minutes still knocks down the brightness after 1. Playing VLR and I'm going crazy having to flick a stick every minute.

Why in God's name have they not patched in the option to disable auto-standby entirely? It's kind of absurd.

Ran rp

Tip/Trick:

If you have PSVita official stand,plug your headphone to the stand headphone jack and the the sound quality will be slightly better than using the headphone jack(I think it's because the Digital-to-Analog Converter with the Vita USB(?) output is better than the one with the Vita original headphone output)

yes it's kinda hard to play while the stand is on the Vita but you get better audio.

I don't think you can adjust the volume though.

Skyzard

Banned
I know this has probably been discussed at length already, so apologies for bringing it up again, but I just recently bought my Vita, and then learned of the black spots on the screen.

From what I could gather from google, they should only be visible on a black screen, in low lighting conditions. For the most part, I can only see them in such instances, but there are a few spots I can see while playing a game.
For example, while playing Assassin's Creed, I can see some spots when they are over some of the darker terrain, such as the wood of stairs. These particular spots are pretty easy to notice compared to the rest of the black spots on the screen.

So my question is, if these particular spots are also normal, given how easy they are to notice, or if I should exchange my Vita?

I would typically say not to exchange it since they all have it - I only notice it when playing on low brightness in the dark and the screen is showing something very dark too (usually a black screen) .. I stopped noticing it now!

kerrak

The spots disappear with time.

Foxix Von

Hey how does the free game with the 3G model work? I activated the pass last month but I never got an email for the game?

Astra

I would typically say not to exchange it since they all have it - I only notice it when playing on low brightness in the dark and the screen is showing something very dark too (usually a black screen) .. I stopped noticing it now!

Yeah, most of the spots I have to actually be looking for. Just the two small ones I can see while playing the game, even while not actively looking for them.

The spots disappear with time.

I hope so.

RyL

Banned
Is it normal that the rear touchpad occasionally stops working and you have to reboot the system to get it working again?

If yes, what causes it? Happened several times.

Apologies if this is the wrong thread,

I will be receiving a 16gb card tomorrow. When I use the backup feature, does this also back up game saves?

And is it possible to choose a specific game to backup/restore instead of everything?

oldmario

Apologies if this is the wrong thread,

I will be receiving a 16gb card tomorrow. When I use the backup feature, does this also back up game saves?

And is it possible to choose a specific game to backup/restore instead of everything?

When you copy a game to the computer/ps3 using CMA it copies over the save, if you delete the app bubble on your vita pop goes your save as well

Also it's possible to copy over specific games instead of having to do everything, it even gives you the option to copy multiple games at one time

quabba

So I haven't touched my vita in about a week and last night I go to play something and I find that the buttons no longer work in games. In the not xmb I can navigate with the buttons but as soon as I launch a game they stop working. I'm talking about start select the face buttons (and possibly the dpad). This is a launch au vita, I tried rebuilding the database and rebooting the vita but hasn't helped. Anyone else had this problem?

Jeels

Case recommendations? (Not a travel case, but a protective one like the silicon and plastic stuff). Willing to pay a premium if it looks good.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Here, softie explained how you can get the savedata of a download game. Can you use the following procedure to use a savegame from a download version on a retail copy?
1. Get the savedata as described by softie
2. Put the retail copy into the PSVita to get the game to install
3. move the retail copy bubble to pc
4. exchange the save file of the retail bubble for the one of the dl copy
5. put the retail bubble back on the vita
?

DBT85

To conserve the battery. It sucks that there's no shortcut.

When not connected to a network I don't know that the WiFi uses much power. Mine is always on but when not in use the WiFi logo vanishes from the notification bar and fires up when something asks for a connection which is typically only at the start of a game or when looking at trophies/friends or whatever.

There were lots of battery tests around launch but I don't recall seeing one comparing game time with WiFi on but not in use and WiFi off.

xJavonta

Banned
So I don't know if this is the right thread for this, but I'm 99% sure I want a Vita on Black Friday. I'm getting Persona 4 Golden with it, but which bundle has the better game? The AC:L bundle or the BLOPS:D bundle?

Sid

So I don't know if this is the right thread for this, but I'm 99% sure I want a Vita on Black Friday. I'm getting Persona 4 Golden with it, but which bundle has the better game? The AC:L bundle or the BLOPS:D bundle?
AC:L by far.

DBT85

AC:l seems a safer bet, though I profess to have played neither.

Don't forget to get yourself at least a 3 month sub to PS+ to get even more games.

Yaska

So my vita bricked for the third time, gonna write my own fault description this time and hope for the best. Will upload a video later showing how it's bricked. Really bummed out 'cause the stupid support takes usually a month to reflash it and claim nothing's wrong. And persona is on the mail too >.<.

miserable

Recommendations for a good screen protector and case for my Vita?
I'm from Europe btw so international shipping is required.

So my vita bricked for the third time, gonna write my own fault description this time and hope for the best. Will upload a video later showing how it's bricked. Really bummed out 'cause the stupid support takes usually a month to reflash it and claim nothing's wrong. And persona is on the mail too >.<.

What? That's the first time I've heard from someone bricking a Vita. Are you sure you are using the right term?

Yeah, me too - I've had some lock-ups, but nothing that holding the power button for 10 seconds wouldn't fix. Interested to hear what's up.

How do you even brick a Vita? Until now I've only heard of people having boot into service mode and restart the system. At worst, rebuild the database.

Yaska

Afaik it has something to do with system memory going bad, I will post a crapstatic quality of a video when I get home. Afaik it is a very rare thing that happens, butin few short words: i turn it off, blue light blinks, blue light stays on, cannot do a thing with my vita.
And before anyone asks, service mode options don't do a thing.

Shai-Tan

Banned
Is there any way to have it sync trophies with PS+ without it spamming every day to tell me it synced overnight? I don't need to know about something that should happen automatically. Compared to all the times I end up looking in the notification bubble to see a worthless message like that syncing it manually is more convenient.

Darvan

Gaf,

Well I've been playing allot of SFXTK on my vita I notice today that the rubber nub on the top of the analog stick is pushed down a little. Anyone know if there's some sort of replacement for it or should I just go and buy some of those analog grip covers? Thanks for your time

quetz67

Banned
Is there a good case like the one in the starter kit but made of premium leather? (I am used to my Vaja iPad case).

Holding the PSP with two layers of leather on the back (PDAir case) was perfect, which there was something similar for PS Vita.

DBT85

Behold the crapstatic camera skills of mine http://youtu.be/kSaGKDSWWIo ( the error starts at 1:30, pq is crap because I forgot to focus the camera, woops.)

And that is what I would call a brick or semi-brick.

Two things,

1) if you film with a light on your camera will have a far easier time of trying to maintain focus.

2) have you tried a database rebuild?

Top Bottom