• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

leng jai

Might as well ask here:

US$ 250 for Vita Wi-Fi with 2 games (Fifa 13 and Gravity Rush) and a 8 GB memory card.

Good value or not? I am this close in buying a Vita but I want to hear your opinion, GAF.

A hard copy of GR? It's free with PSN+. It's not that great of a deal but it's alright.

DR2K

Banned
Might as well ask here:

US$ 250 for Vita Wi-Fi with 2 games (Fifa 13 and Gravity Rush) and a 8 GB memory card.

Good value or not? I am this close in buying a Vita but I want to hear your opinion, GAF.

Go to Target or bestbuy, they're giving out $50 giftcards this week. Get the AC3 bundle if you can, it's getting hard to find it.

Second post of new page - buy Stranger's Wrath
and Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus

These are on my list. Especially NG+, getting NG2+ and DOA5+ to complete the collection.

I hate you so so much!

And I don't know what you mean about players wanting to make it popular. I think we just want to have the opportunity to enjoy it by having it come to the west.

Well it's kinda funny - anyone can buy MH on PSP for years - noone cares except for few dozens of fans.
MH becomes nintendo exclusive - suddenly we have tons of people waiting for it ;)

it is generally implied, but words such as that can greatly affect the tone conveyed in one's post.

it's not that bad, but given the crazy deals of late it's a bit hard to recommend

Agree.
Unless he really likes FIFA, it's not really worth it, as he could get Gravity Rush with a month of PS+.

He'd be better off with the bundles going for $200 lately.

zroid

Banned
Well it's kinda funny - anyone can buy MH on PSP for years - noone cares except for few dozens of fans.
MH becomes nintendo exclusive - suddenly we have tons of people waiting for it ;)

Although I'm not a big MH fan myself, I get the impression they typically want to have the latest and greatest version. AFAIK, the last PSP release in North America is fairly outdated, since the more recent one that's been popular in Japan (MHP3rd) was never released here.

The most recent MH game to cross the pond is Tri on the Wii, and so they've been playing that for the last two years and simply waiting for something else. Apparently the MHP3rd ship sailed so MH3U is next on the docket.

Isn't M.K. supposed to be going live from Plus since yesterday? Why can't I see it on the store?

Actually, I can see it but it's with a price tag o_O

Squalltdx

Finally my first Vita platinum goes to Golden Abyss which now happens to join the first Uncharted as my only 2 Platinums :p With that done now it's time to start playing Gravity Rush. I've only played about the first 20 minutes of it so far.

2012-12-20-030453_zpsfb708cf0.jpg

Just noticed I'm no longer a junior. It only took a mere 22 months lol

I wish Capcom would go back to the well for something other than fighting games.

RE4 and Okami would be so good on Vita. And REmake with headphones under the covers...sensual.

I wish Capcom would go back to the well for something other than fighting games.

RE4 and Okami would be so good on Vita. And REmake with headphones under the covers...sensual.

I would love RE4 on Vita. I can't recall the control layout offhand though, I wonder if we'd have enough buttons without getting creative.

I never bought into the Okami hype like many others did, but it would be a natural fit, given that you have the ability to draw on screen. Probably would be better than Wii or PS2/PS3 at that rate.

As other person in Media Create thread has mentioned (and I stopped going there, way too much doom & gloom for Vita) developers might use their assets from PS3 to make future games for Vita. Okami will certainly be a nice candidate.

Robso

Getting a Vita for Xmas so sorry for asking a noob question. Having seen the Soul Sacrifice demo only being on the Japan store, for now at least, would it be possible to keep a 4gb card spare to use on other stores?
So, continously formattting it when I want to access say, the Japanese store after I've used the US Store?

(In the EU, so that will be my main store).

Thanks.

Those God Eater shots are nice.

Of all this generations' stylistic flourishes, the re-emergence of rim lighting has to be my favorite. Makes simple, low-polygon character models look so much better.

Takao

Banned
What? When? How?

lol it's an easter egg from lbx w

There's a game store that's selling copies of clearly not Resident Evil, clearly not Puyo Pop, clearly not Hatsune Miku Project Diva, clearly not Final Fantasy, clearly not Call of Duty, oh, and Inazuma Eleven. Kind of surprised they didn't throw in Yokai Watch since LBX takes place in the future.

lol it's an easter egg from lbx w

There's a game store that's selling copies of clearly not Resident Evil, clearly not Puyo Pop, clearly not Hatsune Miku Project Diva, clearly not Final Fantasy, clearly not Call of Duty, oh, and Inazuma Eleven. Kind of surprised they didn't throw in Yokai Watch since LBX takes place in the future.

Hmmm, let's hope announcements are on their way.

Sid

Takao

Banned
Hmmm, let's hope announcements are on their way.

I doubt it'll happen. LBX W bombed on both PSP and Vita, so future Level-5 support on Sony hardware is in jeopardy. Inazuma Eleven targets the kids market primarily and those guys own a 3DS, not a Vita. If Level-5 was interested in bringing it over to Vita porting the Inazuma Eleven 1-2-3 Collection 3DS is getting would be a decent start.

Thank God they've finally got Tomba working on my EU Vita. I had already bought it before I got my Vita, and was well pissed it didn't work. Thanks Monkey Paw.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
oh Takao,I know you always thinking of Vita best interest..but ewww I don't really want anything from Awful-5, such a garbage studio,It's actually amazing how the studio made one very good game (DC2) then farted from its head and kept throwing bad games like crazy.

so my evenings this week have basically been

9:00 - 10:00pm wife suggests we go up to bed

I sit in bed and think.... il do an hour of Persona 4
Oh its 1am..... oops.

damn game is so awesome.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Oh its 1am..... oops.

damn game is so awesome.

Chie >sleep time
Chie >your body condition
Chie > Life

these are facts.

hyogen

Neo Member
thank you. Ooh.. VLC media player? I'll look into it.

Your youtube link looks promising. I'm about to try it out now and will report back :D

Neither seems to be working. spent the last few hours trying :( I did find this, though... and it seems to be working perfect. A converter that is a paid version that the guy is sharing http://psvitaforum.com/threads/how-to-convert-any-video-to-your-ps-vita.3334/

I am converting a 5GB 720P file right now--it will take about an hour. not bad

kiyomi

God damn that Soul Sacrifice Demo was decent. Shot up to my most wanted for next year!

I can't figure half of it out, lol. I beat 3 areas and then got whupped by some fireball guy. Then I was stuck as a ghost not knowing what to do. Seems pretty cool though!

Tomodachi

Got my Vita yesterday, I'm finally a vita bro too.

Just started Gravity Rush, did a couple missions, so far I'm amazed at how good it looks, sounds AND plays (I must say Siren is my favourite game ever, I'm a huge Toyama sucker... anyway I was really underwhelmed by the GR demo I tried at a store).

I wanted to get Sound Shapes but god is it pricey D:

Twinduct

I can't figure half of it out, lol. I beat 3 areas and then got whupped by some fireball guy. Then I was stuck as a ghost not knowing what to do. Seems pretty cool though!

Lol well would have been impressed if you could read Japanese :p
But yeah the gameplay is solid enough for me. Really enjoy the combat in the game.

Looking forward to learn what exactly each section of the fucking book does. The initial 'Jump pages and show something' sequence at the start at me dumbfounded.

Corto

Oh its 1am..... oops.

damn game is so awesome.

That's me for the last two days too! Love to boot the game just to listen to that great opening tune. And yes, Chie is great.

That's me for the last two days too! Love to boot the game just to listen to that great opening tune. And yes, Chie is great.

Yeah this game oozes style. The colours, music and art are all fantastic.

Also after playing persona 3 portable they gameplay tweaks in 4 are all really good as well.

quetz67

Banned
These are on my list. Especially NG+, getting NG2+ and DOA5+ to complete the collection.
Any word if they improve NG2+ over NG+ (I read the save system is pretty bad)???

Don't want to replay the first but really interested in the second as I haven't played it yet.

SmokyDave

Hopelessly addicted to Dynasty Warriors Next. Touch screen stuff is infuriating at times but I can't seem to put this down.

I've been the same over the last few days. I really wish you could turn off all the touch-related gimmickry but it's not enough to put me off playing it. I disabled 'motion' stuff but that makes some of the ambushes much tougher. Finally sussed out how the duels work as well, before I was just scrubbing away at the screen and hoping.

Really looking forward to the One Piece musou game where hopefully they'll drop the touch / motion crap entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom