• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

Well the social part of the game sucks so I need to get something out of this. Removing all challenge from the battles would be too boring.

I see... personally I am just treating the whole thing like pokemon (with a story I enjoy) and trying to catch them all... I really should move on though... I haven't quite gotten back to where I left off on the PS2 and I am currently like 20 levels higher and with close to 50% of my compendium full lol.

I need to finish persona 4 so I can move onto replaying disgaea 3 :p

oh hey top post...
uh... look intro disgaea 3 if you like SRPG and like the idea of doing over a billion damage and gaining 200 levels with one kill :p

Aleph

(first post) Has anyone tried out Vice City Stories on their Vita? I've never played the game so I wanted to know if anyone recommends it.

The only PSP game I have tried so far is The Warriors and it works and plays perfectly well, great game.

Massa

(first post) Has anyone tried out Vice City Stories on their Vita? I've never played the game so I wanted to know if anyone recommends it.

The only PSP game I have tried so far is The Warriors and it works and plays perfectly well, great game.

I played it on PSP, and it's not a good game. Chinatown Wars on the other hand is great, and works fine on the Vita.

And welcome!

zulux21

this is way off topic, but given the people wanting borderlands 2 on the vita... nvida is showing off their new handheld and it looks like you can play any steam game on it including borderlands 2 vita remote play to the PC o_O;

sony needs to really step up their remote play stuff with the vita and ps3 :/
the vita/ps3 should be able to stream way more games.

Twinduct

Hey guys, stop it.

You know what I want? ninokuni vita.

You guys are allowed to have the thread to discuss the topic, of course. I don't think anyone should be posting new news here. Performance was good over the holidays, with new threads created for relevant deals and relevant releases. If it gets to the point where people are dumping stuff in here (and worse, becoming actively hostile when someone posts about it outsides the thread), then we will reconsider.

Thanks for the clarification!
And completely agree, Nino looks awesome and would have love to have that type of game on Vita.

Anyone have a clue on how it did in Japan?

Takao

Banned
Thanks for the clarification!
And completely agree, Nino looks awesome and would have love to have that type of game on Vita.

Anyone have a clue on how it did in Japan?

Nino Kuni PS3 was a big bomba. So obviously it's the perfect match for PSV!
I'm surprised Level-5 didn't try to salvage the situation with a launch window Wii U port. That family demographic probably works more in the game's favour than the PS3's demographic.

beason52

Neo Member

Runs fine. Its impressive what they were able to do with the PSP hardware. I prefer Liberty City Stories a bit because I think the side missions were worse in Vice City Stories but both are great if you are a fan of the PS2 originals

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
You would think Japan would flock to anything with Studio Ghibli. Oh well :<

Yeah, why didnt it sell more? Thought the Ghibli name alone would sell enough copies.

I beat P4G. 52 hours 4 mins.

I feel as though I am painstakingly not try to miss things and thus have put over 30 hours in and am at June 27th. lol. I love the game though, I just hate feeling like I am missing something so I like to explore all my options and grind a lot in the dungeons in a single day to have more time to do things outside of the dungeons. Like it drove me crazy when I found out Social Links exist through Jobs!

zulux21

I feel as though I am painstakingly not try to miss things and thus have put over 30 hours in and am at June 27th. lol. I love the game though, I just hate feeling like I am missing something so I like to explore all my options and grind a lot in the dungeons in a single day to have more time to do things outside of the dungeons. Like it drove me crazy when I found out Social Links exist through Jobs!

im on may 20th with a little over 15 hours... I also just ran through the same dungeon from top to bottom 5 times for the fun of it though lol

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Just get accustomed to the idea of playing NG+. That way you dont need to worry about social links and you'll get to see everything in the game sooner or later :p

Someone sell me on Playstation All Stars, please.

I wish there was a demo or I could have tried the beta.

I want to buy it but $35 is a lot and I'm worried I might not like after buying it.

My friend hated the beta which one of the things stopping me, has it improved since then?

Pachimari

The price is what is holding me off PS All-Stars as well. Thus I'm considering MGS HD. I wish Persona 4 Golden were out in Europe. =/

zulux21

The price is what is holding me off PS All-Stars as well. Thus I'm considering MGS HD. I wish Persona 4 Golden were out in Europe. =/

im just waiting for the ps3 version to hit $20... I liked the beta and in general figure i will enjoy the game but I pegged the game as a game that would drop in price quickly and I have plenty of other things to play in general so waiting until march/april for the ps3 version to go on sale for $20 so I can get both versions shouldn't be to bad.

Pachimari

I'm really not impressed by Nvidia's Shield but maybe it's simply because it have no use for me.

And yeah, I think I'll wait with PS All-Stars and get my Metal Gear games on my Vita, as I have always dreamt about.

Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, MGS, MGS2 and MGS3. This is gaming nirvana. This is PlayStation Vita.

That Nvidia handheld does nothing for me besides making me appreciate the sleekness of the Vita even more. It's the most ugly piece of tech I've seen in a long time.
Agree with this.

That Nvidia handheld does nothing for me besides making me appreciate the sleekness of the Vita even more. It's the most ugly piece of tech I've seen in a long time.

Oh it's ugly as sin but -

Clickable thumb sticks, pressure sensitive triggers, 720p screen and access to my massive steam library...

If the streaming works and works well then it will probably be more appealing than the vita

zulux21

Oh it's ugly as sin but -

Clickable thumb sticks, pressure sensitive triggers, 720p screen and access to my massive steam library...

If the streaming works and works well then it will probably be more appealing than the vita

So...

That nvidia handheld...

Seems to outvita the vita except for games

you are forgetting one important thing... we don't know the price. I mean it could easily be a $600 device at which point I would hope it would be nicer than the vita. I am sure at $600 the vita could have had nicer features as well :p

if it launches at $150 or so though I would be interested, as the vita doesn't have access to the android app store through playstation mobile like I was hoping it would... if the vita got that I likely wouldn't have any need for an android handheld as the steam streaming is interesting and it makes me wish the vita had more streaming options, but I am not about to spend $470 on a new video card to have the option to stream my steam games.

you are forgetting one important thing... we don't know the price. I mean it could easily be a $600 device at which point I would hope it would be nicer than the vita. I am sure at $600 the vita could have had nicer features as well :p

if it launches at $150 or so though I would be interested, as the vita doesn't have access to the android app store through playstation mobile like I was hoping it would... if the vita got that I likely wouldn't have any need for an android handheld as the steam streaming is interesting and it makes me wish the vita had more streaming options, but I am not about to spend $470 on a new video card to have the option to stream my steam games.

That's a good point! I'm honestly just excited by the prospect of playing pc games on a handheld but to be fair it's slightly more pointless considering its local network only

DiscoJer

I'm hoping this forces Sony to open up the Vita to be a proper Android device, Playstation Mobile is pretty awful.

I mean, look, I know most here love the Vita's library, but I want FPSes. And a realistic racing game like Real Racing. And loot RPGs. I'm not paying $30 for an Gameloft mobile port.

Games like NFS:MW on the Vita blow away their Android/iOS counterparts, but that is the exception, not the rule for Vita software.

zulux21

I'm hoping this forces Sony to open up the Vita to be a proper Android device, Playstation Mobile is pretty awful.

I mean, look, I know most here love the Vita's library, but I want FPSes. And a realistic racing game like Real Racing. And loot RPGs. I'm not paying $30 for an Gameloft mobile port.

Games like NFS:MW on the Vita blow away their Android/iOS counterparts, but that is the exception, not the rule for Vita software.

I don't own a single IOS or android device so when they talked about playstation mobile being friendly with the droid marketplace I was really hoping it was going to work both ways... there are a few droid games I want but not enough to invest in a device for them

Is it really the exception?

Cos I can think of more great games better than iOS relatives than bad games worse than.

Uncharted, gravity rush, FIFA, nfs, everybody's golf, virtual tennis, MBA, pure chess, the list goes on.

Sid

I hope the shield has some nice exclusives,did NVIDIA take tips from kutaragi while designing this handheld apart from the form factor?Also this console means nothing to the vita,i doubt sony would be pressured to open up their platform based on the shield's sales.

I hope the shield has some nice exclusives,did NVIDIA take tips from kutaragi while designing this handheld apart from the form factor?Also this console means nothing to the vita,i doubt sony would be pressured to open up their platform based on the shield's sales.

Well unless its a massive success

Which it won't be.

zulux21

so I have some random questions about games I forgot about that might have had new info come out since they came out in japan.

any word on if Malicious Rebirth will be brought over?
any new details about Muramasa: The Demon Blade being brought over?
is Picotto Knights any good, and is there any more details about a release date other than early 2013?

In terms of specs it destroys the vita upside down but alas! the software support,i hope they aren't stupid.

again it will also be a question of price... it very well might destroy the vita specs wise, but if it comes out at $599 will it sell at all?
I mean the vita could have had much better specs if it was priced to move at $599 :p

Sid

Well unless its a massive success

Which it won't be.
In terms of specs it destroys the vita upside down but alas! the software support,i hope they aren't stupid.

again it will also be a question of price... it very well might destroy the vita specs wise, but if it comes out at $599 will it sell at all?
I mean the vita could have had much better specs if it was priced to move at $599 :p
Yeah that too.

zulux21

Anyone excited for the gundam game on vita?

I'm not. First off I don't think it will make it out of Japan. Second if it does make it out of Japan I would have preferred to see NB use their resources on pirate warriors 2 instead. Finally I am not a big fan of gundam anyways. I prefer my giant robot shows to be more like full metal panic or gurren laggann :p

Anyone else who'd be excited for a Paradox game on Vita?
:(

I wouldn't mind seeing Dungeonland on the vita

Anyone else who'd be excited for a Paradox game on Vita?
:(

I would like a triple AAA strategy game. Not sure if something as complex as Paradox games, but for sure something like Conflict of Heroes... Nothing like that in portable form except for IOs and Android shitty Risk variants.

That's a good point! I'm honestly just excited by the prospect of playing pc games on a handheld but to be fair it's slightly more pointless considering its local network only

So you want to spend several hundred dollars just to play your steam games while sitting next to your computer that can play the same exact game on a larger screen with no lag?

zulux21

So you want to spend several hundred dollars just to play your steam games while sitting next to your computer that can play the same exact game on a larger screen with no lag?

tsk tsk... obviously they want to spend hundreds of dollars to be able to play their PC game while in the bathroom with slight lag :p

Personally I like playing my handhelds while laying in bed, and if it ran things well it could be nice to play a game like borderlands in the same room with my wife with out having to move one of our desktops around to be in the same room.

my internet jargon must be out of date, I haven't a clue what you are trying to say with Eaux.

You won't be playing any pc games on handheld - unless you buy Microsoft Surface Pro and carry it around with xbox controler ;)

Well at the moment I'm stuck with a pc in a shared bedroom so I have to come off it at around 9pm

I'd love to not have too :p

Besides I said in that very quote it's pretty pointless because its local only

MisterC20XX

my internet jargon must be out of date, I haven't a clue what you are trying to say with Eaux.

Eaux = oh

Regarding the Nvidia Shield, I think there's one thing that gives it a serious leg up on the Vita (and 3DS for that matter): the cost of the games. For example, Gameloft games might be clones but they're getting better with each release. Asphalt 7, N.O.V.A. 3, Order & Chaos Online, Modern Combat 4, Dungeon Hunter 3, etc can all be had for $7 or less on Google Play. For people who are seriously into Android gaming (and other apps) the Shield could be extremely attractive if the price is right. By "right" I'm thinking $149 to $199.

By the way, you all should try this awesome snack. It goes really well with browsing PSN on the Vita! ;-)

OSfAJ.jpg

KAL2006

Banned
The Shield does nothing for me, however I do wish Vita allowed access to the android store on the Vita, as well as being able to stream all PS3 games as easy as WiiU pad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom